What did you receive when you cancelled?

LMaxwell

14 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

Our cruise was canceled yesterday. Today I received an email from our TA with all of the information... amount refunded to cc and amount per person FCC. Our family traveling with us also received an email noting refunds for purchases (ie upgrading drink package).

Cancelled by you or by Celebrity? I was of the understanding that if Celebrity cancelled, all was refunded to your cc.

16 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Strange that people are having varies experiences 

I'm booked with an online US cruise agency. Dec ided to cancel (was already in 100% penalty).

I was given a cancellation form, which I signed and scanned. 

I asked for another Apex cruise, May 2021. My agent was able to retain the same booking #, with same perks as the old Apex cruise. The full payment was transferred to the new booking. Very smooth.

37 minutes ago, Briggs99 said:

Yes we are too.  

Did you ever receive a cancellation receipt or verification of any kind? I'm 1 hour 40 minutes on wait hold . 5th call.  Wish the first agent I got had done a complete job and not made a mess out of a simple request to cancel 

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm booked with an online US cruise agency. Dec ided to cancel (was already in 100% penalty).

I asked for another Apex cruise, May 2021. My agent was able to retain the same booking #, with same perks as the old Apex cruise. The full payment was transferred to the new booking. Very smooth.

You are lucky!  We too use an online US cruise agency.  I checked with our agent this evening and asked if we could transfer the booking from our March 23 Reflection cruise to the same one on the Reflection next year March 29.  She said we would have to pay the difference in the cruise fare which is more than double.  not so cool.

7 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Cancelled by you or by Celebrity? I was of the understanding that if Celebrity cancelled, all was refunded to your cc.

Cancelled by us. Our cruise was May 2nd... 4 adults, two in their late 80's. Not a risk we were willing to take.

45 minutes ago, wallysdtr said:

You are lucky!  We too use an online US cruise agency.  I checked with our agent this evening and asked if we could transfer the booking from our March 23 Reflection cruise to the same one on the Reflection next year March 29.  She said we would have to pay the difference in the cruise fare which is more than double.  not so cool.

This is my biggest issue.  Not sure how the inflated rates are calculated.  What good is a FCC if you simply cannot pay the upgrade on inflated rates?  I guess you could play the game of calling to rebook when it drops, but that is a task within itself.  

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I am considering cancelling our May 9th cruise and using the FCC towards the same cruise in May 2021. (very similar price)  I assumed we would lose our current 4 free perks. However, it's possible to ask to keep the same booking # and include these same perks? 

23 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

Our cruise was canceled yesterday. Today I received an email from our TA with all of the information... amount refunded to cc and amount per person FCC. Our family traveling with us also received an email noting refunds for purchases (ie upgrading drink package).

I am debating whether to cancel our May 9th cruise and receive the cruise credit or wait to see if Celebrity follows Princess and cancels several upcoming cruises. They would then have to refund our money back to our cc instead of a cruise credit. However, it sounds like MEcruzr was able to have their amount refunded to their cc when they did the cancelling. I'm confused!

7 hours ago, wallysdtr said:

I'll also have to pay the difference -- I''ve cancelled a 4 days cruise and booked a 9 days cruise. 

The 4 days cruise was a "pre-inaugural/taster" cruise, so no way I'll find exactly the same cruise.

It was this -- or loose the whole payment, since I was in the 100% penalty...

Hopefully, this whole crisis will be over in 15 months....

6 hours ago, Sophie's Mom1 said:

I am considering cancelling our May 9th cruise and using the FCC towards the same cruise in May 2021. (very similar price)  I assumed we would lose our current 4 free perks. However, it's possible to ask to keep the same booking # and include these same perks? 

That's exactly what I've asked my TA to do, and it was done.

I had 2 perks, and they carried to the new cruise, same booking number.

It was a refundable deposit, veranda cabin.

We're not interested in more than OBC and free grats, since we don't drink and we get enough free internet as "elite".

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

That's exactly what I've asked my TA to do, and it was done.

I had 2 perks, and they carried to the new cruise, same booking number.

It was a refundable deposit, veranda cabin.

We're not interested in more than OBC and free grats, since we don't drink and we get enough free internet as "elite".

The rates on the 11 day March 23 cruise on the reflection dropped after final payment and we were able to get a sky suite for what you usually pay for veranda.  I was beside myself with how cheap it was.  After the TA said no moving of the reservation, I checked the same cruise for next year.  with our credit I will be lucky if I can get a 2A veranda.   We will see what transpires today but we will probably cancel by Sunday.

8 hours ago, Sophie's Mom1 said:

I am debating whether to cancel our May 9th cruise and receive the cruise credit or wait to see if Celebrity follows Princess and cancels several upcoming cruises. They would then have to refund our money back to our cc instead of a cruise credit. However, it sounds like MEcruzr was able to have their amount refunded to their cc when they did the cancelling. I'm confused!

If you go back and see my first post you'll see that we got some refunded to our cc and the rest in FCC. We were in the 75% penalty phase. So 25% was refunded and 75% we received in FCC. We are now waiting to cancel our airfare and hoping the airlines offer something or cancel our flights. 

2 hours ago, wallysdtr said:

The rates on the 11 day March 23 cruise on the reflection dropped after final payment and we were able to get a sky suite for what you usually pay for veranda.

It happened also to us lately -- we were able to upgrade for free after final payment -- the rates of concierge dropped less than our veranda. You just have to follow up the rates just after FP.