Boarding Pass Question

deb63

We have never cruised with CCL before, so not sure if this is normal or not.    I did a search on boarding passes, but didn't find any posts mentioned this type of scenario.

I did the online check in for our cruise.  It leaves 5/30th, final payment date is 3/31st.   When I went to print off our docs, for the boarding pass I get a message that says "Not available at this time, reservation must be paid in full to receive boarding pass."      We are paid in full, and have been for a few months now.    As I'm sure Carnival has their hands full right now, I didn't want to call if this is normal to see before the final payment due date or something like that.    

Thank you in advance to anyone that may have insight to share.

2 minutes ago, deb63 said:

We have never cruised with CCL before, so not sure if this is normal or not.    I did a search on boarding passes, but didn't find any posts mentioned this type of scenario.

I did the online check in for our cruise.  It leaves 5/30th, final payment date is 3/31st.   When I went to print off our docs, for the boarding pass I get a message that says "Not available at this time, reservation must be paid in full to receive boarding pass."      We are paid in full, and have been for a few months now.    As I'm sure Carnival has their hands full right now, I didn't want to call if this is normal to see before the final payment due date or something like that.    

I would just wait until after 3/31. Even though you paid, they typically have a lot of website glitches. There is plenty of time. Try printing after 3/31, and if there is still an issue, then contact them in April.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

I would just wait until after 3/31. Even though you paid, they typically have a lot of website glitches. There is plenty of time. Try printing after 3/31, and if there is still an issue, then contact them in April.

Thank you.    I guess as long as I have the email showing we are paid in full we shouldn't encounter any cancellation for non-payment type issues.

Thank you again.

1 minute ago, deb63 said:

Thank you.    I guess as long as I have the email showing we are paid in full we shouldn't encounter any cancellation for non-payment type issues.

Thank you again.

Yes, it should be good. Have a great trip.

Also, when you log in to your Carnival account on line, it should show you that you no longer have a balance due.

Edited by amyotravel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Schoifmom said:

Even though it may say "paid in full," in reality, boarding passes are not available until your on-line check in is complete.

Thank you.  I will go back and run through everything again, see if perhaps I missed something or failed to save correctly.

19 hours ago, deb63 said:

18 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

Even though it may say "paid in full," in reality, boarding passes are not available until your on-line check in is complete.

She said she already checked in.  I would clear all cookies or try another browser and try again.  That might help.

56 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

She said she already checked in.  I would clear all cookies or try another browser and try again.  That might help.

Yes, but being a Carnival newbie,  did she complete the check in  completely and correctly? She said she will go back and check. The correct first step.😎

I did complete the online check in, and was paid in full.

I didn't want to call Carnival, figuring they were overwhelmed already. . .and wasn't sure if it would just be a timing issue.   But, with our paid in full date getting closer I called this morning.  Turns out it is an issue with a price drop & the travel agent I booked through.    So she needs to fix something - but meanwhile we are shown as being paid in full, so not at risk of being cancelled for nonpayment.

I do appreciate everyone taking time to give advice, ideas, etc.   Thank you.