AON insurance no response

bud

Had to cancel cruise due to preexisting condition and age with this virus.   Was on hold with AON for 3.5 hrs.  Then told to complete online form and have Doctor complete a one page report which I did and set info to them.  I received an email that they reviewed and have assigned it to a agent.  All completed 6 days ago, but as of today no movement. Cruise is coming up in 3 weeks.  I know they are swamped just wanted to know if others have advise.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bud said:

Had to cancel cruise due to preexisting condition and age with this virus.   Was on hold with AON for 3.5 hrs.  Then told to complete online form and have Doctor complete a one page report which I did and set info to them.  I received an email that they reviewed and have assigned it to a agent.  All completed 6 days ago, but as of today no movement. Cruise is coming up in 3 weeks.  I know they are swamped just wanted to know if others have advise.

I'm sorry you had to cancel. Insurance companies are beyond swamped. There may have been a time frame in the small print when they will get back to you. I will assure you that all time frames are not realistic anymore. And in a case like this they have to make sure your Dr's note / reason etc are in line with their policy. I'm NOT saying it's not - but all hands are on deck dealing with the high volume of calls. I would sit tight for a bit. I've been on the phone with insurance companies for the last two weeks. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bud said:

I'm confused.

Either you've canceled or you haven't. Which is it?

Your first sentence says you canceled.

3 lines later, you say cruise is coming up in 3 weeks

If you haven't called the cruiseline or your TA and canceled the cruise, then you haven't canceled anything yet. If you haven't canceled, the insurance company can't do anything.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We had a claim with AON in December for medical expenses relative to a kidney stone while on board. It took over six weeks to finally get reimbursed.  Now I can't begin to imagine the delays inherent with this virus.  You will probably get reimbursed but it will be a long process..  We also are also int same boat with AON currently (no pun intended)..

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 10:35 AM, woody14h said:

We had a claim with AON in December for medical expenses relative to a kidney stone while on board. It took over six weeks to finally get reimbursed.  Now I can't begin to imagine the delays inherent with this virus.  You will probably get reimbursed but it will be a long process..  We also are also int same boat with AON currently (no pun intended)..

I had a claim with AON from a January cruise--check arrived just yesterday and I cashed it today.  

We put a cancellation claim into an insurance company eighteen months ago.  Not AON though but I claim was paid in full within ten business days with no follow up questions. I was shocked and pleased.

Apart from the usual medical data on the forms, the very first document that was requested was a note from the tour company acknowledging that we had cancelled the tour.   As above....the insurance can only respond to cancellation insurance when the trip has actually been cancelled.

On 3/11/2020 at 8:37 AM, bud said:

Did you have Platinum Insurance? Did AON just wait it out to see if the cruise line compensated you?