Jim_Iain – East meets West Equinox Caribbean – B2B2B -March 14 to April 4

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yikes..... I forget at times that some areas of the country are still getting snow.    I grew up in Upstate NY (above the 100" belt) and don't even like to go visit it anymore. 

We on the other hand have spectacular weather with day time temperatures in the upper 70's.   I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt for my daily walk today. 

Yeah, go ahead and rub it in!

We, too, will be in that weather pattern, hopefully before June! LOL

bon voayge

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Yeah, go ahead and rub it in!

We, too, will be in that weather pattern, hopefully before June! LOL

bon voayge

Bo -   Actually your weather is probably not that bad.   I've spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods.  I went to High School in the Watchung Hills and for years I worked for a Swedish Software company based in Marlton, NJ and would commute back every other week.   What part of Jersey are you from?

In our area of Northern California we usually only have two season Winter (rain) and Summer (sun).   After the beginning of May the weather reports are rather boring as they are the same every day for the next 5-6 months.  

50 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Bo -   Actually your weather is probably not that bad.   I've spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods.  I went to High School in the Watchung Hills and for years I worked for a Swedish Software company based in Marlton, NJ and would commute back every other week.   What part of Jersey are you from?

In our area of Northern California we usually only have two season Winter (rain) and Summer (sun).   After the beginning of May the weather reports are rather boring as they are the same every day for the next 5-6 months.  

J - we live between Princeton and Trenton, NJ or more accurately between Washington Crossing and Scudders Falls bridges. 

A very scenic area. 

Bon voyage 

On 4/14/2020 at 6:59 AM, awhfy said:

Our view yesterday, today & likely Thursday & mighty frigid!  I’m really enjoying your photos 

2A23619C-6C32-4E5A-9508-61D6AE06B551.jpeg

That's the view out my window in Chicago this morning...…..take me away...PLEASE!

15 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

J - we live between Princeton and Trenton, NJ or more accurately between Washington Crossing and Scudders Falls bridges. 

A very scenic area. 

Bon voyage 

Bo -   That is such a beautiful area.   

• Like 1

Update on FCC's and Credits -

Last week I received a FCC for both the 3/21 cruise and the 3/28 cruise but not the 3/14.

The 3/14 was a bit unusual which may have caused the hiccup.     It was my free Zenith Cruise which is rated at the lowest rate of an ocean view room on a 7 night Caribbean cruise.    We had paid for the upgrade to a AQ room and later won a Upgrade Bid. 

I called into the the Zenith desk and the phone was answered on the first ring.   Yea.. 

The agent was very helpful and confirmed that they didn't have my 3/14 cruise in the Queue.   Since they are processing cruises in order of the cruise date he got authorization to process my FCC.   The refund Upgrade and port charges have to be processed by accounting and should be issued in 30-60 days. 

A tidbit that he pointed out was that all REFUNDS and CREDITS have to be processed by the Accounting group.   He shared that it was a small group and they are Tri-Branded so are handling all the transactions for Celebrity, RCL and Azamara.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Bo -   That is such a beautiful area.   

Thank you, yes, we think so, as well...

I thought so when we first drove down the street and around the area...

We drove 15 miles north and 15 miles south and five (5) miles east and west... after being skeptical, initially, was sold!

That was at the height of the market! LOL ... and it is still beautiful...

bon voyage

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Starship - Robot delivery here in Sunnyvale.  What else would you expect in Silicon Valley. 

Times sure are a'changing...Not happening anytime soon in Niceville, Florida!  Stay safe!

On 4/14/2020 at 10:22 PM, Bo1953 said:

- we live between Princeton and Trenton, NJ or more accurately between Washington Crossing and Scudders Falls bridges. 

I grew up in Trenton!  I can totally picture this. I've been in Florida for the last 40 years but remember lots of great picnics and outings to Washington Crossing Park and a big recreation of the Battle of Trenton downtown for the bicentennial in 1976. We used to cut high school and go hang out in Princeton pretending to fit in on campus....LOL

13 hours ago, eyecantwait said:

I grew up in Trenton!  I can totally picture this. I've been in Florida for the last 40 years but remember lots of great picnics and outings to Washington Crossing Park and a big recreation of the Battle of Trenton downtown for the bicentennial in 1976. We used to cut high school and go hang out in Princeton pretending to fit in on campus....LOL

Over the last 16 years we have lived here, I have only made it three (3) times to see the re-enactment of Washington Crossing The Delaware..

Not sure if they have the Trenton re-enactment or not... will have to look into this, that might be fun to experience at least once.

I trust you are enjoying Florida...

Keep safe and bon voyage

8 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Over the last 16 years we have lived here, I have only made it three (3) times to see the re-enactment of Washington Crossing The Delaware..

That's 3 more times than I made it! LOL

The Battle of Trenton was a one time only for the bicentennial event.

Next year you and I will have lived in NJ for the same amount of time as I left when I was 17. Yes, Florida is defintely home

now. (I do miss some of the food up there though! It was also great having Philadelphia and NYC just a short train ride away.)

Was looking forward to lots of last minute cruise deals when I retire this summer but looks like the world has other plans in that regard. First world problems...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, eyecantwait said:

That's 3 more times than I made it! LOL

The Battle of Trenton was a one time only for the bicentennial event.

Next year you and I will have lived in NJ for the same amount of time as I left when I was 17. Yes, Florida is defintely home

now. (I do miss some of the food up there though! It was also great having Philadelphia and NYC just a short train ride away.)

Was looking forward to lots of last minute cruise deals when I retire this summer but looks like the world has other plans in that regard. First world problems...

I recommend that you not write cruising this Autumn off so soon!!!

That is, if you do not have too many qualifiers to get back to cruising...

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I recommend that you not write cruising this Autumn off so soon!!!

It's our August 28th Alaska trip that takes up most of my agonizing these days. Final payment is coming up in mid May and it's a lot of $$ (3 cabins....family celebration) to send into the great uncertainty of refunds v FCC etc. In my heart I know I should just cancel now. Each day I get a bit closer to just accepting that should be the decision. It's a process. LOL

I know! I'll just take the family up to watch Washington cross the river this Christmas instead.....still sort of cruise related 😉

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2020 at 7:06 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Starship - Robot delivery here in Sunnyvale.  What else would you expect in Silicon Valley. 

CB0890A4-E383-420D-A464-B7222B1F9E8A.thumb.jpeg.3bafdb0d474957b92e7a4d574c09ab26.jpeg

Cool and very Interesting..not sure it would work in NY..for a number of reasons..but you never know!

3 hours ago, eyecantwait said:

It's our August 28th Alaska trip that takes up most of my agonizing these days. Final payment is coming up in mid May and it's a lot of $$ (3 cabins....family celebration) to send into the great uncertainty of refunds v FCC etc. In my heart I know I should just cancel now. Each day I get a bit closer to just accepting that should be the decision. It's a process. LOL

I know! I'll just take the family up to watch Washington cross the river this Christmas instead.....still sort of cruise related 😉

I had an Alaska cruise booked on April 28 that was cancelled.   One thing to keep in mind in your decision making is that if they cancel the cruise and issue FCC's they issue them in each individual's name and are not transferable.     This caused me to ask for the 100% refund (which I have not received back).    Also all people in a single room must accept the same type of compensation.

In my case I was bringing my Sister and Daughter along with us because the price was so affordable for AQ.   I double I will re-book them with us in the future.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Cool and very Interesting..not sure it would work in NY..for a number of reasons..but you never know!

It does have some limitations, like not being able to negotiate stairs.

In Silicon Valley you see all kinds of new things and some I just scratch my head at.   Last week I saw 2 of those scooter things going down the street by themselves with no one on them.  

33 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

In Silicon Valley you see all kinds of new things and some I just scratch my head at.   Last week I saw 2 of those scooter things going down the street by themselves with no one on them.  

Silly Jim: he didn't recognize the ghosts of Alan Turing and Steve Jobs.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, eyecantwait said:

Then we can all gather for Christmas dinner!

bon voyage

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...