Jim_Iain – East meets West Equinox Caribbean – B2B2B -March 14 to April 4

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, niklah said:

If the ship departs before midnight, he’s ok. Who knows, he might be on one of the last Celebrity sailings 😔 

No. It was supposed to sail Tomorrow. We are on the the same cruise. Everything was a go last night and even this morning. We landed in FLL and then got the news 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

No. It was supposed to sail Tomorrow. We are on the the same cruise. Everything was a go last night and even this morning. We landed in FLL and then got the news 

Wow.  SO sorry.  I know how I would feel.  😔😢

10 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Is Celeb covering any  airfare costs....?  Or will you hang around in FLL a2hile,,,what a shame but it was a risk....

What an awful conclusion. I'm so sorry for this last minute cancellation. Best wishes. 

I wish there was a Hugs button for posts that are from cruisers who've lost their cruises and not a Like button. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

I feel so bad for the folks who flew into FLL early for this cruise.  Bummer. 

My daughter and I were supposed to be on this cruise.  Then she finds out that she must cancel since she works in a hospital and can’t risk quarantine.   Now I’m glad we canceled last week or we would have flown to FLL today and then found out, like a lot of the other folks.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hcat said:

Is Celeb covering any  airfare costs....?  Or will you hang around in FLL a2hile,,,what a shame but it was a risk....

We haven’t even received anything from Celebrity yet. I did see on their website that they are offering 125% FCC and if anyone wants a 100% refund we have to call. I think it’s pretty crappy to cancel one that leaves tomorrow knowing that people are already here and then not automatically give us a refund, especially since THEY canceled. A FCC does us no good, as we paid for 2 cabins,  but only get credit for 1. My daughter is in the other and she won’t be able to cruise again before the FCC expires so we would be out a LOT of $$ 😡

• Like 1

No way for your TA  or Celebrity to know who would want a refund vs who would want a FCC.   A FCC doesn’t work for everyone but it a good option for those that can use it for a  cruise in the next 22 months.  We know how we will use our FCC.

Edited by jelayne
Typo

17 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

We haven’t even received anything from Celebrity yet. I did see on their website that they are offering 125% FCC and if anyone wants a 100% refund we have to call. I think it’s pretty crappy to cancel one that leaves tomorrow knowing that people are already here and then not automatically give us a refund, especially since THEY canceled. A FCC does us no good, as we paid for 2 cabins,  but only get credit for 1. My daughter is in the other and she won’t be able to cruise again before the FCC expires so we would be out a LOT of $$ 😡

Wow, talk about rubbing salt into the wound.  I'm really sorry to read about your predicament.  Are you going home now or staying the week?

Sorry you missed getting the word before your departure Jim.  We had planned to leave home at 5:00AM to fly to San Juan tomorrow so we are fortunate.  We thought about still flying and spending the week there, but decided to hunker down in place.  It will be interesting to hear what you decide to do.  Sorry for the shock you're going to have in the wee hours of the morning.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Wow, talk about rubbing salt into the wound.  I'm really sorry to read about your predicament.  Are you going home now or staying the week?

We are staying, but not sure where yet. My husband isn’t even here yet. He is in the air! 

50 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

OMG... going to be a long day/ night for your family! Hope husb arrives safely.

I would take the refund but you or your TA have to call in and the wait can be long right now.

Is  there anything on  X website about hotel and trvl assistance for those who are effectively cut loose at midnight  without  a plan B?  Do you have any  cruise ins that may have assistance.?

For those given short notice there should be more help  and more compensation...so sorry!

Edited by hcat

Jim_Iain is due into CLT at 9:23pm Eastern. So they're bound to discover before too long. There isn't a direct flight back to SF at this late hour if they wanted to turn immediately back. 

My guess is they'll continue to FLL and buy some lemons to make lemonade. They appear to be the type to roll with the punches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Is  there anything on  X website about hotel and trvl assistance for those who are effectively cut loose at midnight  without  a plan B? 

The text I just got re my April 10 cruise includes a phone number for their emergency travel department 1-888-372-9996 and that they will assist. It doesn't not indicate if financial assistance would be included.

Just as we were on approach to Charlotte we got a text from Celebrity.  Unless time stamp is incorrect they sent it at 8:30pm.  

we leave here for FLL in 30 minutes and may spend a couple days in FLL.   We have to figure all that out probably tomorrow.  

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just as we were on approach to Charlotte we got a text from Celebrity.  Unless time stamp is incorrect they sent it at 8:30pm.  

we leave here for FLL in 30 minutes and may spend a couple days in FLL.   We have to figure all that out probably tomorrow.  

My text came at that same time, just before that I received an email, and about 45 minutes before that I got a call from the SSide Concierge.  All saying the same thing.  Good luck Jim!

25 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

...Still following... Just roll with it!  @Jim_Lain...  Enjoy FLL

Edited by hasentreelake

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

may spend a couple days in FLL.  

If you decide to do any site seeing make sure the sites are open for business.  For example Vizcaya Museum and Gardens announced today they are closing until further notice.  If you have never been to the pier at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea that would be a cute little neighborhood to check out.  On Fort Lauderdale Beach there is Casablanca which is a wonderful lunch spot with a view.  Time to make some lemonade gentlemen!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim - you might remember our travelling moose. He suggests a piece of Key Lime Pie and a frozen drink. 😂 Joss