Insurance and cancelling

When we booked our May 1st cruise a year ago we got the standard Royal cruise insurance they offer.   So now we are going to cancel, not because of the virus but because we can’t afford to be quarantined.    How does it work with fcc and insurance?  I already know when we want to rebook!     Would we get all FCC or does it fall under cancel for any reason?   I have a preexisting condition so would be in the group that right now is not recommend to sail.    Can you rebook the next cruise at the same time or do I need to wait?  

FYI, just canceled our RCI Rhapsody Jun 13, 2020 out of Venice via our TA. We made final payment week ago. Apparently RCI didn't process it yet,  so we will get a full refund. We took out insurance with our TA and will get that back, too. Not through the Cruise Line.

We also cancelled our MSC Venice cruise for June 5, 2020. Received a FCC for cruise and port charges. Will get a refund for the taxes. Lost our insurance because final payment was processed by MSC.

TA did it all for us. No problems. 

Now to cancel Delta flights.

1 hour ago, robindina said:

When we booked our May 1st cruise a year ago we got the standard Royal cruise insurance they offer.   So now we are going to cancel, not because of the virus but because we can’t afford to be quarantined.    How does it work with fcc and insurance?  I already know when we want to rebook!     Would we get all FCC or does it fall under cancel for any reason?   I have a preexisting condition so would be in the group that right now is not recommend to sail.    Can you rebook the next cruise at the same time or do I need to wait?  

No need to use the insurance.  Royal will allow anyone to cancel up to 48 hours before sailing for any reason and issue a 100% FCC for sailings departing up to July 31.  As you are not yet in the 100% penalty phase you would get a combination of a cash refund and a FCC if you cancelled now.

If you want to book another cruise you need to create a new booking and put down the deposit then apply the FCC to it once the FCC is issued.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We cancelled in February one day pre-cruise d/t DH illness and hospital admission.  Had the RCI insurance policy through AON.  Just received our full refund yesterday via check in the mail.  RCI also credited our card for the port charges, unused transfer and gratuities.  It only took 2 weeks from the day I submitted the online claim.

If this has been answered elsewhere, please direct me. I've searched and can't find the answer, or rather, have seen conflicting answers. If you cancel using the Cruise with Confidence criteria, is it a 100% FCC or 75%? My original reading of the announcement led me to believe 100%, but now I see it doesn't mention any particular amount and I know of at least one person who was only given 75%.

3 minutes ago, AZsunluvr said:

If this has been answered elsewhere, please direct me. I've searched and can't find the answer, or rather, have seen conflicting answers. If you cancel using the Cruise with Confidence criteria, is it a 100% FCC or 75%? My original reading of the announcement led me to believe 100%, but now I see it doesn't mention any particular amount and I know of at least one person who was only given 75%.

100%

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

FYI, just canceled our RCI Rhapsody Jun 13, 2020 out of Venice via our TA. We made final payment week ago. Apparently RCI didn't process it yet,  so we will get a full refund. We took out insurance with our TA and will get that back, too. Not through the Cruise Line.

We also cancelled our MSC Venice cruise for June 5, 2020. Received a FCC for cruise and port charges. Will get a refund for the taxes. Lost our insurance because final payment was processed by MSC.

TA did it all for us. No problems. 

Now to cancel Delta flights.

Even though you made final payment it may not have been due yet to RCI and that's why you got a refund. Typically TAs ask for payment early to make sure they have it. Glad you were able to get insurance for the Rhapsody refunded also. Usually that's non-refundable.