OBC and FCC?

2 hours ago, Vitamin Sea Addict said:

If we cancel/reschedule our cruise and use it with our FCC to book a future cruise, I understand that the excursions, drinks etc all get refunded to us....but what happens to OBC that we've gotten from price reductions?

I lost all my OBC when I rebooked yesterday.......

I received this letter today for a cruise that I have booked for Aug 23, 2020.  OBC is $100.00 for my 7 day cruise to Bermuda.

March 11, 2020

Dear Carnival Guest,

We continue to implement increased monitoring, screening and sanitation protocols to protect the health of our guests, crew and the residents of the destinations we serve. Our measures are designed to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions and recommended best practices. For your reference, you can read our Travel Health Advisory on Carnival.com.

Nevertheless, we know our guests have questions about their upcoming cruise and we have relaxed our cancellation policy to provide flexibility should you wish to reschedule your vacation, as well as incentives to proceed with your plans. The following applies only to guests who booked on or before March 10, 2020.

• Guests who choose to keep their booking, as currently scheduled, for departures June through September, 2020, will receive the following onboard credit (OBC) amount:
    • US$50, per cabin, for 2 – 5 day sailings
    • US$100, per cabin, for 6 day sailings and longer
If you choose to continue to sail with us, we will automatically apply your onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account. There is no need to call us. 
  • You may also cancel up to 30 days prior to your scheduled departure date. Any cancellation charges will be held as a future cruise credit (FCC) to be redeemed on a cruise within one year of your original sailing*. 
    • If your reservation included Fly2Fun air, any monies paid for your air fare will be included in your FCC.  If you purchased independent air, please contact your airline carrier as they are being flexible with change fees.
    • Any pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, specialty dining/spa or Fun Shop orders will be automatically canceled and refunds will be processed to your original form of payment by your bank within three weeks. 
    • We are experiencing higher call volume than usual and are currently focused on assisting guests sailing March and April, 2020.  We encourage you to contact your travel advisor, Carnival Personal Vacation Planner, or access “My Cruise Manager” on Carnival.com to cancel your reservation.  Any penalties will be held in your account as a FCC.  You may also get answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you on board!

Sincerely,

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.carnivalcruiselineemail.com%2Flib%2Ffe9513727761047c7c%2Fm%2F16%2Fb166bf9e-8ada-4d6a-886e-fce412c969b5.jpg&t=1584027154&ymreqid=403d85bc-3df7-e0ba-1ca1-d80000015200&sig=D7sDV2vIHLeDKB1zSWJnSw--~C
Colleen Oliverio
Vice President, Guest Services Contact Centers

*The FCC is non-transferable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, has no cash value and must be redeemed on a Carnival Cruise Line sailing within one year of the original sailing date. The FCC may only be used toward the cruise fare of one (1) booking in the same currency in which the above voyage was originally paid and cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, onboard charges or gratuities. The booking guest shall be responsible for payment of the difference between the amount of the FCC and the amount of the new booking. Any unused portion of the FCC will be forfeited. All monies paid for Carnival Vacation Protection plan is non-refundable and will not be included in the FCC. After you have booked your cruise, please use the link below to provide us with the new booking information so we can process your FCC. www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx.

Carnival Cruise Line:
Carnival Place, 3655 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, FL 33178-2428.

About Us  Privacy Notice

Carnival Corporation. All rights reserved. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama and Malta.

1 minute ago, PittsburghGirlee said:

I received this letter today for a cruise that I have booked for Aug 23, 2020.  OBC is $100.00 for my 7 day cruise to Bermuda.

March 11, 2020

Dear Carnival Guest,

We continue to implement increased monitoring, screening and sanitation protocols to protect the health of our guests, crew and the residents of the destinations we serve. Our measures are designed to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions and recommended best practices. For your reference, you can read our Travel Health Advisory on Carnival.com.

Nevertheless, we know our guests have questions about their upcoming cruise and we have relaxed our cancellation policy to provide flexibility should you wish to reschedule your vacation, as well as incentives to proceed with your plans. The following applies only to guests who booked on or before March 10, 2020.

• Guests who choose to keep their booking, as currently scheduled, for departures June through September, 2020, will receive the following onboard credit (OBC) amount:
    • US$50, per cabin, for 2 – 5 day sailings
    • US$100, per cabin, for 6 day sailings and longer
If you choose to continue to sail with us, we will automatically apply your onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account. There is no need to call us. 
  • You may also cancel up to 30 days prior to your scheduled departure date. Any cancellation charges will be held as a future cruise credit (FCC) to be redeemed on a cruise within one year of your original sailing*. 
    • If your reservation included Fly2Fun air, any monies paid for your air fare will be included in your FCC.  If you purchased independent air, please contact your airline carrier as they are being flexible with change fees.
    • Any pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, specialty dining/spa or Fun Shop orders will be automatically canceled and refunds will be processed to your original form of payment by your bank within three weeks. 
    • We are experiencing higher call volume than usual and are currently focused on assisting guests sailing March and April, 2020.  We encourage you to contact your travel advisor, Carnival Personal Vacation Planner, or access “My Cruise Manager” on Carnival.com to cancel your reservation.  Any penalties will be held in your account as a FCC.  You may also get answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you on board!

Sincerely,

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.carnivalcruiselineemail.com%2Flib%2Ffe9513727761047c7c%2Fm%2F16%2Fb166bf9e-8ada-4d6a-886e-fce412c969b5.jpg&t=1584027154&ymreqid=403d85bc-3df7-e0ba-1ca1-d80000015200&sig=D7sDV2vIHLeDKB1zSWJnSw--~C
Colleen Oliverio
Vice President, Guest Services Contact Centers

*The FCC is non-transferable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, has no cash value and must be redeemed on a Carnival Cruise Line sailing within one year of the original sailing date. The FCC may only be used toward the cruise fare of one (1) booking in the same currency in which the above voyage was originally paid and cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, onboard charges or gratuities. The booking guest shall be responsible for payment of the difference between the amount of the FCC and the amount of the new booking. Any unused portion of the FCC will be forfeited. All monies paid for Carnival Vacation Protection plan is non-refundable and will not be included in the FCC. After you have booked your cruise, please use the link below to provide us with the new booking information so we can process your FCC. www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx.

Carnival Cruise Line:
Carnival Place, 3655 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, FL 33178-2428.

About Us  Privacy Notice

Carnival Corporation. All rights reserved. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama and Malta.

I know I won't be able to keep the OBC that was the "incentive" for not cancelling but ones I have amassed from getting price drops.

I have no intention of cancelling my April 5 cruise, but if things continue and they cancel all cruises for the next 60 days, as Viking and Princess have done, I will be very upset that I will lose all my OBC that I applied from redeeming reward points. I realize I’d lose the OBC they just gave me for not cancelling cruise, but really bummed about losing the OBC I’ve applied. 😢