Carnival Cancellation Policy?!

athe0007

I cancelled 2 cruises both before final payment which had a refundable deposit on Wednesday.  I received an cancellation email for 1 of them but not for the other.  The refunds for both cruises posted on our American Express card today.  For us it only took 2 days. 

We decided to wait and see if we will cruise again being that we are in the over 70 age group and don't know what will be happening on that front.  We wanted the cash refund not a future cruise credit.

**Booked through Costco**

Cancelled via online form Monday 9th morning.

Refund to credit card (including taxes and prepaid gratuities - minus my FCC (which was 50% of fare)) received on cc today (Friday 13th).

Good work Costco.

10 hours ago, TakeMeAway1001 said:

You can ABSOLUTELY CAN cancel and re-book online, if you know what cruise you want to change to you would have to put a deposit down on that cruise. Once you've done that you send in the form that was linked in the letter/email Carnival sent out. 

https://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx

You can also just cancel online and YES it will say the penalty is the full amount, but due to the exception Carnival is making you will get that amount as a FCC. Carnival is well aware of what cruisers qualify for the offer, plenty of people have canceled using this method and not one of them has come back to say it didn't work. 

Log into your Carnival account-Look for Red Banner/Flag that says XX days till cruising and click

On the top of the page look for “Booking & Order Details”, look for “your bookings”

Next to the “Paid In Full” choose “View Balance Details” and look for “View Cancellation Information”.

This is also where you should see the total that you are going to be getting for your FCC (THIS WILL SHOW IT AS A PENALTY) it is not, you will get your FCC-Minus prepaid items which will go to your original form of payment. Carnival Insurance will not be refunded 

thanx...i cancelled it the way you said and i hope it all works out where i lose no money...thanks

10 hours ago, TakeMeAway1001 said:

You can ABSOLUTELY CAN cancel and re-book online, if you know what cruise you want to change to you would have to put a deposit down on that cruise.

Question: Can you apply your FCC to an existing booking which only has a deposit on it? 

On 3/12/2020 at 9:40 AM, athe0007 said:

Yes, we booked on line. I found the Cruise Manager, but couldn't find an option to cancel. Where are these posts? Thanks for your reply. 

If you used a travel agent, you wouldn't have paid an extra nickle and that person would be doing all of this for you now.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 9:16 AM, jimbo5544 said:

And these people cost you nothing, a win win, and they do all the heavy lifting

On my last cruise a PVP called and offered his services to us- he was very friendly and I was in a store when he called so saved his contact information in my phone and then lost my phone in a VT snowstorm 😳. I later regretted that when my son turned 18 days before sailing and VT just at that time changed their licenses to EDL’s and only issued him a paper license- the  EDL was not expected to come in time for our sail. We do not have passports (we also do not buy insurance- that was another story, we live on the edge like that and this next cruise is turning out to be no exception). I wanted dearly to have access to the PVP at that time because there were multiple opinions from multiple sources as to weather my son was going to sail. CCL told me he would twice. His EDL arrived the day before sail so problem was averted! We’ve not had a PVP call us this time- do you request? Is it luck of the draw? 

We are booked for the Panorama on May 16th...I have not received any type of email stating a "potential" cancellation policy going forward.  I know trying to contact Carnival right now will be impossible, and I'm sorry I am asking this question if it's already been answered. How do I proceed?  Do I fall under the new "cancellation" policy of a 100% future cruise credit if we decide to cancel?  I just want be sure I understand all of my options.  TYIA.  🙂 

On 3/12/2020 at 5:39 PM, athe0007 said:

I have travel insurance, but supposedly I shouldn't need it according to the first email I got from Carnival (and according to the chart dpomes posted)

But if I want a refund and not a reschedule do I have longer to cancel using the trip insurance

1 minute ago, TheSweetLife220 said:

But if I want a refund and not a reschedule do I have longer to cancel using the trip insurance

Carnival is offering me full refund or FCC +$300 on board credit. I''m going with the FCC.

I have Alaska booked for June 9th and needed to apply a cruise credit from a 2019 cruise that missed 2 ports.  Called last weekend (3.5hrs on hold) and paperwork was filed.  Tried to call many times during the week only to get disconnected. Just got off the phone with Carnival after 4 & 1/2 hrs on hold. I was able to to get clarification on my credit but more importantly, I wanted to know my cancellation options.  Because I booked prior to the March deadline, if I cancelled 30 days prior to my June 9th sailing, I would get half of my cruise fare as FCC and they would refund me all other charges, taxes and items booked & pd for.  Nice to know my options.  I know the policy is different for cruises Carnival cancelled.  Hope this info helps anyone that was curious.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bronxboy683 said:

I am 80yo, have multiple health issues, have TA. Cruise in June . Can I get my money back, not a future cruise credit? I am paid in full. 

Maybe not. You'll have to wait to see how the virus goes. Carnival has only canceled like two weeks. We have another cruise booked in Oct. I expect it to go without issues. 

2 hours ago, athe0007 said:

Maybe not. You'll have to wait to see how the virus goes. Carnival has only canceled like two weeks. We have another cruise booked in Oct. I expect it to go without issues. 

Lets Hope and pray!

• Like 1

Carnival canceled our cruise as it was leaving 4/6, I replied to their email (form submitted) asking if we wanted refund or FCC/OBC on Friday 3/13.  I have been trying to re-book ever since, but can't because we don't have FCC/OBC yet (would still like to travel in late April).  As of right now, website says we are still booked and ready to sail on 4/6 with no mention of the FCC.  

Cancelled Via phone Friday March 6th

Refund of 50% of cruise fare plus taxes, fees and prepaid gratuities posted Tuesday, March 10th.

Shore excursion refund posted Wednesday March 11th

All purchases from Fun Shop including Cheers refund posted Thursday, March 12th. 

I rebooked during the same call and there was a problem, the FCC for the second cabin in my booking was not credited to the new booking. I finally got through late Thursday and the FFC was properly credited. I also had to pay a new deposit totaling $1000 which was more than covered with the refund. 

I never received an e-mail invoice if the total transaction but all refunds were done as promised and I am happy with my new cruise. Although I sure wish I would have waited another week for them to cancel so I could get the $600 OBC per cabin! 

Canceled online on Monday. Have not received a refund for anything including steakhouse and prepaid gratuities. I haven't been getting *any emails from Carnival even though I'm signed up to receive them. 

I cancelled and re-booked on 3/10 online.  I submitted the form per the email letter I had received that same day.  My new cruise was credited with the cancellation penalty last night (3/14).  I had cancelled several pre-booked items prior to cancelling the cruise on 3/8 & 3/9.  Those credits to my original form of payment are slowly trickling in.  Still no credit for our Cheers, WiFi, cruise balance, prepaid gratuities and taxes/fees.  I think it's just a slow process given the circumstances.  I'm trying to learn to become patient in my old age 🙂  

So I rebooked a new cruise and should get the $100 on board credit, but I have a question I hope someone can answer for me. I know you can use this credit for excursions, but what happens if you book and pay for those excursions now. Can you later use the credit to get refunded for them?! Or does it only apply to excursions you book while on the ship? Does anyone know if you can use this $300 credit to pay for gratuities? 

Edited by athe0007