Carnival Cancellation Policy?!

athe0007

2 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

My March 29 cruise that was cancelled by Carnival on March 13 still shows on my Cruise Manager.

I haven't yet chosen an option, nor have I made a decision on our September cruise.

It's taking awhile for all of their systems to synchronize.

And it has taken me several days to reach the point of just sitting back for a short while before doing anything.  Patience is a virtue I have yet to develop fully.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger! We have a cruise coming up on the Freedom on Sept. 13. I think it's to early to make a decision. I think It's going to take a month or 2 for the dust to settle on this chaos, I believe. But it sure is difficult to be in a holding pattern for that long. For now, we are hunkering down in the house and not going anywhere. I just hope the stores can get restocked with toilet paper before we run out. :classic_laugh:

26 minutes ago, j1d1 said:

Anyone know if Carnival is sticking with the 30 days prior to sailing window to cancel?  I'm speaking specifically about a May 30th sailing.  Initial indications were that we had to decide by 3/31 whether to cancel with FCC or accept OBC.  Now I've seen something on this thread about deciding 30 days prior although I've heard nothing official from Carnival.  With other cruise lines allowing cancel/FCC until 48 hours before sailing, it seems unusual that Carnival would stick with the 30 days prior to sailing window.

Carnival isn't even following the policy of the 30 day shutdown!!!

With the new policy in effect of requiring those over 70 yrs. of age to have a doctor's noting that they are fit to travel, Carnival is still operating as if everything is normal regarding accepting new reservations?  What gives?

MARAPRINCE

2 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

With the new policy in effect of requiring those over 70 yrs. of age to have a doctor's noting that they are fit to travel, Carnival is still operating as if everything is normal regarding accepting new reservations?  What gives?

MARAPRINCE

MARAPRINCE, I think EVERYBODY is asking that same question. I know I am. And all I'm hearing is crickets chirping. It's like the lights are on but nobody is home.

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

MARAPRINCE, I think EVERYBODY is asking that same question. I know I am. And all I'm hearing is crickets chirping. It's like the lights are on but nobody is home.

Virgin territory here cut them some slack, it will all work out.  

Understand your comments about giving Carnival time to catch up with recent changes but in the meantime they have our monies tied up on 2 sailings plus the one we cancelled.  The one we "cancelled" was supposed to be rolled over to a new sail date, but the rep made an error which generated a refund instead.  We know that the refund will take awhile to show up on our credit cards.  In the meantime we will be paying for the new booking which may well be cancelled either due to the age 70+ factor or due to the ongoing virus concerns!  Talk about craziness!!!!😦

On info overload right now!!

MARAPRINCE

50 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

And you would know that how? 

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Carnival isn't even sticking to 30 days. They are starting operations sooner than the 30 day timeline. It affects people who are right on the boarder who would have gotten cancellations/full refunds/etc had they stuck to the 30 days.  The announcement was Friday.  Count 30 days.  They are restarting operations April 9th...  That is not 30 days.
  •  

3 hours ago, KingRuth said:
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Carnival isn't even sticking to 30 days. They are starting operations sooner than the 30 day timeline. It affects people who are right on the boarder who would have gotten cancellations/full refunds/etc had they stuck to the 30 days.  The announcement was Friday.  Count 30 days.  They are restarting operations April 9th...  That is not 30 days.
  •  

They are not starting then, trust me 

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

They said April 10th is will then resume.  Sorry about the typo.  It is still not 30 days.

https://carnival-news.com/2020/03/13/carnival-cruise-line-announces-pause-in-service/

Carnival Cruise Line Announces Pause In Service

March 13, 2020

Carnival Cruise Line announced today that it is pausing operations immediately across its fleet of ships based in North America and will resume them on Friday, April 10. All ships currently at sea will continue their voyages and return to their homeports as scheduled.

4 minutes ago, KingRuth said:

They said April 10th is will then resume.  Sorry about the typo.  It is still not 30 days.

https://carnival-news.com/2020/03/13/carnival-cruise-line-announces-pause-in-service/

Carnival Cruise Line Announces Pause In Service

March 13, 2020

Carnival Cruise Line announced today that it is pausing operations immediately across its fleet of ships based in North America and will resume them on Friday, April 10. All ships currently at sea will continue their voyages and return to their homeports as scheduled.

We will see.

14 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I trust you on this one. I am following the situation closely and I don’t understand how it is even remotely possible to see the ships sailing by April 10th. 

1 minute ago, LaRue1975 said:

I trust you on this one. I am following the situation closely and I don’t understand how it is even remotely possible to see the ships sailing by April 10th. 

On this one, I wish I was wrong.  

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

On this one, I wish I was wrong.  

For sure, hopefully in a few weeks we will have a better idea what the final outcome and damage will be. It’s going to be a long few weeks as we are already home bound in California, thought retirement was supposed to be about travel, lol!

But this too will eventually pass, we’ll be better prepared for next time and the cruise ships will sail again. Hopefully by July 25th for my rescheduled family cruise! 

I'm not sure what all they're doing. I canceled when they put out the "over 70" letter requirement. I have yet to really get what they said I would - confirmation plus a link to my FCC. What I got the day of sailing looked to be a canned letter they send out if you just don't show up to sail (shows the penalty amount). Sigh. Time to wade through the long line to speak to someone. 

Yes, thank you. I previously canceled an April 13 cruise and not sure I can use the FCC. If they end up extending the suspension, I was hoping they would consider providing this option to those who had canceled.  Way to go, Carnival!

3 hours ago, pe4all said:

Modification letter is definitely good news for me, as I had cancelled on the morning of 3/6 and rebooked later that afternoon!

That’s exactly what I did too, so relieved to have all the options now! I rescheduled for July 25th and was hoping to get the offer in order to use the $600 OBC. After the last 24 hours I am now considering cancelling for a full refund or postponing the cruise until next year.

I wonder how much time we have to make our decision, I hope at least a few weeks when we hopefully will have a better idea what the circumstances will be in July. 

55 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

That’s exactly what I did too, so relieved to have all the options now! I rescheduled for July 25th and was hoping to get the offer in order to use the $600 OBC. After the last 24 hours I am now considering cancelling for a full refund or postponing the cruise until next year.

I wonder how much time we have to make our decision, I hope at least a few weeks when we hopefully will have a better idea what the circumstances will be in July. 

The modification letter says "if you haven't already booked, you have until December 31, 2020 to make a selection or you will automatically receive a 100% future cruise credit."  We had rebooked for 1/10/21 on Breeze.  I sent the mod form in this a.m.  I gather that if you cancel the 7/25 cruise you will have both options open, as you have to book by 12/31/20 for sailing by 12/31/22.  They are giving plenty of time now to cruise.