Carnival Cancellation Policy?!

athe0007

On 3/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, KingRuth said:

They said April 10th is will then resume.  Sorry about the typo.  It is still not 30 days.

https://carnival-news.com/2020/03/13/carnival-cruise-line-announces-pause-in-service/

Carnival Cruise Line Announces Pause In Service

March 13, 2020

Carnival Cruise Line announced today that it is pausing operations immediately across its fleet of ships based in North America and will resume them on Friday, April 10. All ships currently at sea will continue their voyages and return to their homeports as

Edited by jimbo5544

8 hours ago, pe4all said:

The modification letter says "if you haven't already booked, you have until December 31, 2020 to make a selection or you will automatically receive a 100% future cruise credit."  We had rebooked for 1/10/21 on Breeze.  I sent the mod form in this a.m.  I gather that if you cancel the 7/25 cruise you will have both options open, as you have to book by 12/31/20 for sailing by 12/31/22.  They are giving plenty of time now to cruise.

I talked to a PVP today. He checked up the line and told me I have 90 days from the sail date of my Carnival cancelled cruise to decide if I want a full refund or keep the FCC and new booking. I will wait a few weeks to accept the offer and add the $600 OBC, final payment isn’t due until 4-26. If everything goes to hell in a hand basket I am going to take the cash and return to cruising hopefully next year. 

He also told me I could apply my FCC to the balance of a cruise I already have booked but the $600 OBC would not transfer. I have two in the pipeline so any FCC will not go to waste but I am still hopeful we can do the 7-25 cruise. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm sorry haven't been on for a while. Good news! So I did as you're suppose to: I manually canceled our Apr 2 cruise and then completed the "transfer" form. I got no confirmation and no receipt, but I thought I'd just wait. I had said that I wanted the FCC to be applied to a cruise we booked that's suppose to sail in Sept and low and behold it was!!! After a month. I'm very pleased. The only problem is that our $300 OBC is not showing up yet, but I don't think that's a major problem. Now if we can just get past this pandemic we'll be good. 

Thank you Carnival! 

Obviously the may cruises will be cancelled. I'm scheduled for may 17th and September 20th on the pride. I'm wondering if they would just move the funds from the may cruise and the obc to my september cruise. Maybe I could do a suite or something then?

Edited by jperry2011
Typo
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, jperry2011 said:

Obviously the may cruises will be cancelled. I'm scheduled for may 17th and September 20th on the pride. I'm wondering if they would just move the funds from the may cruise and the obc to my september cruise. Maybe I could do a suite or something then?

Can def work that way

3 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

They did it for us, but I've heard conflicting info about whether it's official policy. I'd be careful about upgrading because prices might be raised. We also have a cruise in Sept, but I suspect it too will be canceled. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Update! We have a cruise coming up in the Fall and we'd booked an ocean view cabin. As it turns out ocean view prices have dropped dramatically! For us +$300. Note, it appears that balcony prices have gone up. So I called to have my Price Protection Guaranty credited and .... no problem! Such a deal!