Princess suspends all cruises for 60 days

cruisingrandy

21 minutes ago, tntornadox said:

It seems the cancellation form has been paused. It's not loaded for me in over an hour now.

I filled one out and got the confirmation email.  Because it only allowed one passenger name and I didn't see that the form extended to everyone on the reservation number, I tried to go back in and fill one out for my husband and got the message below.  Have tried three different browsers and an incognito window so you may be right that it's paused.  Will try later!

And bravo to Princess for making this decision.  We will definitely be back on board when Princess ships are sailing again.

image.png.8a0df5af3a122a3aa123a34558ba637f.png

Never got a call, and am not going to try at this time.  Don't want to spend hours on hold.  We (two of us) just picked the cruise and I paid the deposit.  We have a club class mini-suite, gratuities paid, and premium beverage package with the booking.

We didn't cancel the cruise, Princess cancelled it.  We were ready to go!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tntornadox said:

It seems the cancellation form has been paused. It's not loaded f;or me in over an hour now.

The compensation request form page currently shows the following:

image.png.bb5034636128ce8bfb8e04775831d85e.png

Note that the link to the compensation request form is embedded in https://www.princess.com/news/pdfs/voluntary-60-day-pause-of-global-ship-operations.pdf

38 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I filled one out and got the confirmation email.  Because it only allowed one passenger name and I didn't see that the form extended to everyone on the reservation number, I tried to go back in and fill one out for my husband and got the message below.  Have tried three different browsers and an incognito window so you may be right that it's paused.  Will try later!

And bravo to Princess for making this decision.  We will definitely be back on board when Princess ships are sailing again.

image.png.8a0df5af3a122a3aa123a34558ba637f.png

It said just one name per booking #

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Thanks for confirming!  I read the whole thing and did not see that.

The original payment would be per reservation number not per passenger hence the same with refund related matters..

1 minute ago, brisalta said:

The original payment would be per reservation number not per passenger hence the same with refund related matters..

No problem...mine autofilled (thanks Google) so I noticed the line above my name.

33 minutes ago, Laurie S. said:

Never got a call, and am not going to try at this time.  Don't want to spend hours on hold.  We (two of us) just picked the cruise and I paid the deposit.  We have a club class mini-suite, gratuities paid, and premium beverage package with the booking.

We didn't cancel the cruise, Princess cancelled it.  We were ready to go!

Right, Princess cancelled us.  So I filled out the form same as you.  So you booked the new cruise, paid the deposit then your FCC was applied automatically?

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Right, Princess cancelled us.  So I filled out the form same as you.  So you booked the new cruise, paid the deposit then your FCC was applied automatically?

No, it has not been applied yet.  We did not want to lose out on the deal, so I paid for the deposit.  Final payment isn't due until September 11th so by then this should all be figured out.  Worse case, I will have $400 OBC from the deposit and I can have fun with that!

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I can’t do it. I tried few times and I’m sure if I call no one will answer. So now what????

Filled out the form to princess with my booking information for refund.   Did not know, when I sent it in that the other person in my stateroom filled it out and sent it in too.       Hope it will all work out and I really do Appreciate Princess and all they have done.   🙂

9 minutes ago, Laurie S. said:

No, it has not been applied yet.  We did not want to lose out on the deal, so I paid for the deposit.  Final payment isn't due until September 11th so by then this should all be figured out.  Worse case, I will have $400 OBC from the deposit and I can have fun with that!

OK, that makes sense.  I've been in IT since 1979 and didn't think they could be applying anything yet.  Enjoy your new cruise.  We're doing a Southern Caribbean in September on Equinox - Key West, Cayman, ABCs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FM said:

Troubling news continues ... Coronavirus is plauging the stock markets, pushing Royal Caribbean Cruise, American Airlines and Occidental Petroleum close to bankruptcy.    https://www.ccn.com/the-u-s-stock-market-crash-will-bankrupt-these-3-companies/

Not sure I’d take anything from CCN (no relation to CNN) without a grain of salt. They’re a Norway based cryptocurrency site, with a nut job bias.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Here is the big question, does anyone think this virus will go away in 2 months?

Without a vaccine,  I doubt it. Thing to hope for is that warmer weather will make this crud go away like the regular flu. We were booked on the Regal for the 3/29 sailing and did the paperwork for the refund, no big deal if it takes awhile, Princess has to be overwhelmed.

Now we are waiting to see what the other cruise lines are going to do, we are booked on an early August cruise on the Celebrity Equinox.

With everything being shut down in the country I expect the other lines to follow Princess. 

I guess we can only look at what has happened to other countries......it has spread pretty far and pretty fast and it seems there is no vaccine or treatment for it....if I were a betting person I would wager it is going to be with us for more than 2 months if China, Japan, Korea, Iran and Italy are any indication.....

8 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

Filled out the form to princess with my booking information for refund.   Did not know, when I sent it in that the other person in my stateroom filled it out and sent it in too.       Hope it will all work out and I really do Appreciate Princess and all they have done.   🙂

My wife and I each received one and filled it out....usually when Princess issues a refund it will be split between the both of us even though only one of us paid for everything.....