Princess suspends all cruises for 60 days

cruisingrandy

17 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Is this just Princess but all in the Carnival system?

As of 6:24 PT, I only see this announcement on the Princess site. Not on Carnival or Holland America home pages ... yet. 

Based on the revised travel restrictions and flight reductions, I think this will be industry-wide.

• Like 2

This is an industry in stress.   To date, Princess has been more than fair on the cancellations.   I hope they can afford to do that.  It looks like carnival stock will start trading today at $17.  The next move they will make will be to reduce/eliminate their dividend.   Cash flow will be a significant issue with them.

I will definitely cruise with Princess again, especially with the way they have treated their customers.

I feel for all the employees of Princess and are confident we all get through this.    The next 60 days will be challenging.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Reactionary and late, but necessary given all the travel bans and what happened already on Diamond and Grand, lawsuits and governments would have forced it if it didn’t do it.

It took a couple months in China,  figure a quarter at least for the Western world 

Edited by chipmaster
  • Like 2

I hate to see it, but it’s probably for the best when you look at the big picture. Every day that passes brings more restriction and more uncertainty. Ships are being turned away from ports. As someone who has a very expensive cruise coming up (on another line) I’m on pins and needles waiting, watching, and wondering what’s going to happen.

41 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

So, will we get our travel insurance money back as well?  I bought the insurance thru our TA with Princess.  I hope that is included.

I canceled our Carnival cruise last Thursday and was told that travel insurance goes into effect the day you buy it and is non-refundable. We lost $300 on our policy. You are buying it from an external company; the cruise lines are not administering it at all. 

44 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

So, will we get our travel insurance money back as well?  I bought the insurance thru our TA with Princess.  I hope that is included.

I would say if anyone bought travel insurance from Princess, it is going to be part of the refund as the passenger did not trigger the cancellation.  If the pax triggered a cancellation under insurance, then how expect to get a refund of premium - that is the way insurance works.  If pax bought 3rd party insurance from other than Princess VPP, then it has to depend on the fine print of those policies if they would refund when a carrier cancels the pax.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeKl said:

I wonder what will happen to people who Already cancelled but could not get 100 percent back and had to accept future cruise credits

Check the Princess site. I believe that are also making accommodations for people in this situation.

• Like 2

Kudos to Princess and to Viking for doing right by their passengers. We are on an April 11 Royal Caribbean sailing and have been waiting to see what the industry will do. I sincerely hope Royal and other lines will do the same. It's going to be costly for them but if they are fair/generous with their compensation, they will earn people's loyalty going forward and hopefully find it easier to recover.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Supposed to cruise March 14. Cancelled on Friday to take fcc. Now that cruise is cancelled do we get refund and fcc??? Can’t seem to figure out from that chart. My travel agent thinks we will not get refund

Seems pretty simple to me.  You either get refund and FCC or all FCC with a higher dollar value than the combination of refund and FCC.  It will take a while no doubt to contact Princess - just read the info posted on their website and then give the instruction of your choice to your TA.  If they don't know and aren't helpful, find another TA next time.  Their commissions are being protected for fully-paid cruises.  They should still be working for you.  If you used a TA in Canada, they most likely gave you no discount so let them earn that commission.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 4