Princess suspends all cruises for 60 days

cruisingrandy

Unfortunate, but necessary. I'll be taking the 225% for Option 1 and rescheduling my Carribean Cruise for November 8th. Hopefully things will be better then.  Originally I was scheduled for the March 21st sailing on the Sky Princess.

I live in the Los Angeles Port ( San Pedro) and the Royal Princess is still docked. On Sat March 7th, they were ordered by the CDC to not depart.  

20200307_202135.jpg

Does anyone know if we used a travel agent do they have to do the paperwork or can we just fill out the form ourselves.  I know the agents will be very busy and I don't mind doing it but just not sure if it has to go through the travel agent.

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Very pleased with both Princess and Viking on this call.

FCC has no time frame to use?

BTW, CCL @ 18.00.   
Buckle up.  It is only going to get worse.  😩
Forget cruising for now, it’s road trips for me in 2020.  You?

Enjoy your cruise(s).  Wishing you safe and healthy travels.

Edited by Justalone

1 hour ago, chipmaster said:

Reactionary and late, but necessary given all the travel bans and what happened already on Diamond and Grand, lawsuits and governments would have forced it if it didn’t do it.

It took a couple months in China,  figure a quarter at least for the Western world 

We have been too slow to react. We need to institute the draconian methods that China did immediately and that Italy is trying (but later than they should have). If we don't want to see overloaded hospitals and rationing of equipment and services, it's the only thing that will save us from ourselves. Hopefully, there's still time. Shut it all down right away.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cutiepie43 said:

Does anyone know if we used a travel agent do they have to do the paperwork or can we just fill out the form ourselves.  I know the agents will be very busy and I don't mind doing it but just not sure if it has to go through the travel agent.

will TA's have to refund their commissions ?  Will they get an additional commission when the FCC is used to book another cruise ?

49 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Nothing.  That was the terms of the deal they took.  Same as those that cancelled before it was offered and got the terms in place then. 

In addition, Princess will honor this offer for those guests who had made final payment and cancelled their booking on or after February 4, 2020. The future cruise credit can be used on any voyage departing through May 1, 2022.

If you cancelled and already received a refund, It doesn't seem like option A would be an option.  I guess we will see

13 minutes ago, cutiepie43 said:

When I called my TA, I was told we had to do it directly via the form on Princess's website (even though there is a spot at the bottom that indicates that a TA can do it).  But my TA also said Princess has not sent them very much info yet on how this is all going to work.   My parents have already filled their form out on their own and submitted it.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cutiepie43 said:

You can do the paperwork yourself. As a TA, I thank you for thinking of us. 😊

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I also cancelled last Friday.  Got refund and FCC.  I went ahead and filled out the form for a refund and submitted it anyway.  Have already had verification they have my request.  I am just going to wait and see and see what I can get.  I was ok with what I got on Friday, but if can get the new deal, I will like that too.

Pooh

I am in your exact same boat, there website reads this

In addition, Princess will honor this offer for those guests who had made final payment and cancelled their booking on or after February 4, 2020. The future cruise credit can be used on any voyage departing through May 1, 2022."

I am unsure how this will apply if we already received our refund and the FCC for our "cancellation fee".  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, cru1 said:

Does the FCC only apply to one cruise or can it be applied to more than one cruise?

Thanks

In the past, an FCC like this one could be applied to multiple cruises. 

This is a very good time for anyone who is not familiar with accessing their Captains Circle account online at Princess.com to get set up with a login and password. I know from experience that once you start receiving FCCs like these, you will want (need) to be able to track them online. Each FCC (and FCD) has an 8 digit credit ID number and an expiration date and, if applied to a cruise(s), shows a booking number.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, MountainEER74 said:

Pooh, Have you received your credit card refund yet. I cancelled a cruise on Sunday and haven't seen anything yet.

Roger

Roger: I cancelled our April cruise on Sunday as well. We did receive a credit to our card on March 9. I am planning on filling out the online reimbursement form for the additional cruise credit, as mentioned in today’s info. 

3 minutes ago, JoRoy218 said:

Roger: I cancelled our April cruise on Sunday as well. We did receive a credit to our card on March 9. I am planning on filling out the online reimbursement form for the additional cruise credit, as mentioned in today’s info. 

Link to Form

https://princess.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3IPGcxcN0jSk6c5

Edited by susantx3

6 minutes ago, susantx3 said:

Cancelled yesterday through Costco.  Told I would lose 200 cruise deposit (but will show up as FCC) and the balance would be put back on Costco Credit Card.  Looks like I am out of luck for the 25 percent FCC

Check your personalizer on princess. it should show up there.

33 minutes ago, Halley's Comet said:

Does anyone know if we have Princess Easy air, how it will be handled?  

Princess refunded our cruise fare and Princess air in one lump sum.

Our Japan cruise on Diamond Princess was cancelled a short while ago. The cruise credit showed up on our account page within a couple of days, and the incidental charges on our credit cards a few days later. The biggest chunk (our cruise passage and Princess air booking) was mailed by check a couple weeks later.

The refund check came in one of those “tear off the edges” envelopes, and was processed by “Bottom Line,” so don’t throw it away by accident!

Edited by newcomm
Typo and punctuation.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Will these refunds all come back in the method they were paid, I.e. credit card credit?

This is my question as well.  Does anyone know if the money will be refunded on the credit card used to book,  or the credit card provided for the onboard account? (I'm using different cards between these two)

• Like 1