Carnival shuts down Princess for 60 days; will Seabourn follow?

cruiseej

Carnival announced this morning that they will cease cruise operations on Princess Cruises, their largest cruise company, for the next 60 days. Since Carnival also owns Seabourn, as well as Holland America, Cunard, Costa, AIDA, P&O and of course Carnival Cruises, one has to wonder if the shutdown will ripple through to other cruise lines. Or it will be limited to just Princess, which has has the two ships in the news this past month. I guess only time will tell. 

I think right now Princess is their biggest dumpster fire in terms of public relations so I think this is more of an effort to hit pause and get out of the news for a while so they can do an image reset.  

I expect to see Seabourn cancel more cruises that span the next 30-60 days.  Right now it is a rapidly moving target with last night's US travel policy changes.  I noticed that right after that, Seabourn put up a notice of "scheduled site maintenance" for that night so I'm imagining there things being cleaned up in the background to get ready for more announcements.

What about all the Cunard folks currently on World Cruises.   I believe all three ships took World Cruises in Jan.

Either way, different operations and much larger passenger loads.   I wonder when we will need a “fit to sail” certificate from our Dr.   Currently Celebrity is requiring this of all those 70 and over at the date of the cruise.