Cruise Critic Community
edgekid

Cruise with confidence program Re:FCC voucher

Posted (edited)

As it is next to impossible to contact Celebrity at this time does anyone know how long it takes before you receive the full Cruise credit voucher or at least an email from Celebrity advising you of the voucher? We canceled our March 21st Equinox cruise on the tenth.

Edited by edgekid

1 minute ago, edgekid said:

As it is next to impossible to contact Celebrity at this time does anyone know how long it takes before you receive the full Cruise credit voucher or at least an email from Celebrity advising you of the voucher?

A while. They are buried. I cancelled a cruise 2 weeks ago. Expect to hear from them in the next two weeks.

If you did contact them do you think the customer service agent would know? I don't.  Right now does it matter?

I cancelled a flight - not related to cruising - last week with AA. Hold time at 5pm MST was 6+ hours. At 3:15am was down to 25 minutes.

Thanks for the quick reply I kind of figured it would be a while.

regarding our flight I was able to cancel it online for a full credit.

We canceled an April 12th cruise a couple of days ago.  Our TA advices it would take a couple of weeks for the FCC.

RE: The Celebrity Staff:  For them it's like standing under a waterfall trying to dry your hair!  They are overloaded!  Have patience!

Website says 1 week, but we were told "about" 2 weeks. Anticipate closer to 3 weeks.

I've been following the pricing of some cruises and have discovered that despite cancellations the  prices have gone up. My suspicion is that prices are rising because Celebrity anticipates giving lots of Future Cruise Credits and they want us to spend them at the highest rates possible. That's one way to cushion the financial impact.

I have another question about the FCC voucher, I could start another thread but I'll try to keep this consolidated.  I cancelled today with my big box discount store travel agency, it was super easy, sent an email, they sent a link to an online form, I filled out the form and a few hours later I got an email saying it was canceled and XYZ dollars would be returned to me in a FCC in my Celebrity Captains club account.

The problem is, XYZ dollars is $349.68 LESS than what my final payment invoice from December stated was my cruise price.

Of course it's impossible to reach anyone on the phone at the agency now so I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

We did book the cruise on a previous cruise and then it was transferred to the agency.  So I'm wondering if they did not refund us for the deposit because we paid that directly to Celebrity.  So if that is the case, do I now have to call Celebrity to get that money refunded? or am I SOL on this?

Sbt518, once you transfer a booking to a TA, the TA has full financial responsibility of your cruise fare, Celebrity will not talk to you and refer you to your travel agent (or at least that has been how it works).

We canceled our cruise 10 days before we were going to sail so what we got was most of the money as a full Cruise credit and a small amount was refunded to the credit card we used to pay for it..that small amount represented what we would have gotten gotten back in total if there was no full Cruise credit ..are you sure you did not get a refund on your card?

The difference could be Taxes and Port Fees and you should receive a cash refund to the card you used to pay for the cruise.

14 minutes ago, edgekid said:

We canceled our cruise 10 days before we were going to sail so what we got was most of the money as a full Cruise credit and a small amount was refunded to the credit card we used to pay for it..that small amount represented what we would have gotten gotten back in total if there was no full Cruise credit ..are you sure you did not get a refund on your card?

1 minute ago, RICCruisers said:

The difference could be Taxes and Port Fees and you should receive a cash refund to the card you used to pay for the cruise.

OK, thank you both!  I have not received a credit on either credit card (one used on the cruise or the one used with the travel agent) but I will check back tomorrow and see if they show up.  I hadn't thought of either of those options.  Do either of you remember how long it took the credit to show up on your card?

I'm still within the 3 hour window here so maybe I should chill out.

It took about five working days before I saw it on my card

good luck