Cancel cruise before final payment

gatorchinsky

This may have been already answered but if you cancel your cruise prior to your final payment due date, will you get a full refund or will they only give you FCC?  We really don’t want to cancel our August 1st Alaska cruise ( as we got a great deal on it) but with not knowing how long this will last we want to make the right decision.

Our school district just announced last night that if you go on a cruise next week ( our spring break) then the students won’t be able to come back to school for 2 weeks after they get back.

Hope everyone leaving on cruises this weekend have a safe trip!

3 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

This may have been already answered but if you cancel your cruise prior to your final payment due date, will you get a full refund or will they only give you FCC?  We really don’t want to cancel our August 1st Alaska cruise ( as we got a great deal on it) but with not knowing how long this will last we want to make the right decision.

Our school district just announced last night that if you go on a cruise next week ( our spring break) then the students won’t be able to come back to school for 2 weeks after they get back.

Since final payment is not yet due, you would receive a full refund just like any other time.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dwp1127 said:

My final payment was due March 18 for July 19 sailing on Encore, I just cancelled 2 days ago, and got a full refund of my deposit.

how long did it take for you to see the credit back on your credit card? did you book directly or thru a TA?

6 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

How does the school district know whose going on a cruise?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

How does the school district know whose going on a cruise?

I’m assuming that they hope you take the precaution and self quarantine you and your family for the 2 weeks after you get back.  It also mentioned trips to high impacted areas.  I do understand because no one wants to spread it to our schools.  Our spring sports have just been put on a 2 week hiatus and it wouldn’t surprise me if they all will be cancelled.

You are before final payment so you will get your money back if you cancel now. Don't wait until after your final payment date because you will lose a portion of the money and end up with FCC instead. As someone mentioned above, FCC's could end up being worthless (hopefully not) so if you have the chance to get your money back you should take it. 

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL keeps all money given to them as a non-refundable deposit with Peace of Mind. You can’t get it back. You have to use it for a future cruise or lose it. 

This doesn't apply if someone is before their final payment date. 

2 hours ago, funbythedozen said:

If you booked your cruise through a TA  and cancel before final payment is due can they refund you back to your cc or just get next cruise credit? 

You should get it refunded back to you, but some TA's do charge a cancellation fee, so be sure to check that.

• Like 1

My in-laws booked a September cruise directly with NCL and paid the $100 deposit plus $500.  They decided to cancel a couple of days ago and got all their money refunded back to their credit card.

PS, they called again today for something else.   Both times the hold time was very short, only 1 minute or so.  

Kudos to NCL for keeping up their customer service.  It can't be easy right now.  

Edited by molole
  • Like 1