Celebrity Summit - February 29, 2020 and COVID-19

hvbaskey

11 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

There were 5 “ cruise ship “ passengers in Hamilton that were reported as being positive a few days ago, without a ship being mentioned, but Hamilton Health has since changed their site to list the cases as “ travel” now, which covers a much broader  area. 
This is not at all how I would expect communication from Celebrity to play out. So many unanswered questions, and speculation and I feel like we are trying to “ piece” together the answers. I feel so bad for those of you that sailed and want truthful answers. I’m trying my best ( as others are too) to report what I find so you can draw your own conclusions, and research as well.
I feel just sick thinking that we would have boarded that ship with no knowledge of what we were getting into. 

I saw that they changed some to "USA/Caribbean" - it's possible that those might be cruises ie. disembarked in USA after being in the Caribbean.

12 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

Somewhere deep in this thread, the spouse of one of the cases also tested positive.  There are at least 6 cases in ON from the Summit now (lost track) and a case from Prince Edward Island.   Honestly, lost track after a while when numerous cases were reported.

This is ONLY from the Region of Waterloo, there was another couple from Owen Sound, and I think some from Region of Peel?  also PEI as noted above.

852787318_ScreenShot2020-03-19at10_51_21PM.thumb.png.2cfebdcc25976bf30f44efec673ba141.png

Has anyone tried to post this report on Celebrity's facebook page? I find all of this very disturbing, and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Celebrity isn't openly addressing this.  If so, I  imagine that they are opening themselves up to a lot of lawsuits, along with losing a lot of loyal cruisers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hatteras51 said:

Has anyone tried to post this report on Celebrity's facebook page? I find all of this very disturbing, and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Celebrity isn't openly addressing this.  If so, I  imagine that they are opening themselves up to a lot of lawsuits, along with losing a lot of loyal cruisers. 

Does anyone happen to know how the other cruise lines are communicating to their passengers? The Summit can be the only ship with this problem?

4 hours ago, justmer8 said:

Yah, but it looks like only when the media forces them to.

It’s strange media outlets haven’t put the pieces together and started reporting on the several cases from celebrity summit.  We finally got tested today but we are feeling better now so we’ll see what results are in 72 hours.  I wish our health unit had tests available earlier in the week when we were symptomatic.  

• Thanks 1

We were on the February 29 Summit sailing. Both my husband and I have symptoms. My husband was tested yesterday. I was not as our results would be the same and tests are very limited. My sore throat and head ache started late on March 10 and quarantined since then. Sore lungs began March 13. We are in the US(Michigan) and have not been contacted by anyone. I will update when we get the results back... Thank you to all that are sharing your situations as this is the only place we are finding updates. Take care out there.

Edited by Kdex
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Kdex said:

We were on the February 29 Summit sailing. Both my husband and I have symptoms. My husband was tested yesterday. I was not as our results would be the same and tests are very limited. My sore throat and head ache started late on March 10 and quarantined since then. Sore lungs began March 13. We are in the US(Michigan) and have not been contacted by anyone. I will update when we get the results back... Thank you to all that are sharing your situations as this is the only place we are finding updates. Take care out there.

Hope you feel better soon.  Thanks for sharing your story. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kdex said:

Hope you both feel better soon and thank you for taking the time to share your story.  Positive energy and healing your way.

• Like 1

We were contacted by our local health department that the Summit sailing prior to ours has a confirmed case. No specifics just to self isolate. Yes, I am pretty disheartened how Celebrity dealt with this. I went to senior officers and asked them about the lady in Waterloo and they adamantly denied. Three conversations from March 14-16 and repeatedly denied the news stories from our home province. 😲😲

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, drega99 said:

I went to senior officers and asked them about the lady in Waterloo and they adamantly denied. Three conversations from March 14-16 and repeatedly denied the news stories from our home province. 😲😲

Very disheartening 😞

22 hours ago, justmer8 said:

Does anyone happen to know how the other cruise lines are communicating to their passengers? The Summit can be the only ship with this problem?

Seems like everyone on board the March 7th sailing was trained to be cheery and dishonest once it was clear that San Juan was not going to let us disembark  (I am trying hard to give them the benefit of the doubt as the Captain and crew were all outstanding).   While I thank goodness we were able to disembark in Ft Lauderdale, after I saw some of these posts, I sent Celebrity Passenger Engagement a scathing email two days ago regarding the lack of transparency, honesty and communication with its passengers.    No response yet or ever.  Day 5 of self isolation.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am equally disturbed with Celebrity’s lack of transparency and how they recklessly contributed to the spread. We were on the 2/29 sailing of the summit and STILL no contact from anyone. We have just completed our 14 day self quarantine and fortunately no symptoms. Praying For other passengers on our ship that were

exposed also. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2020 at 6:02 PM, Kdex said:

Please let us know how your test come out.

• Like 1

Hoping everyone is healthy and doing ok. 
This is from Canada’s official website and breaks down all flights and cruise ships confirmed with Covid 19. Still have yet to hear anything from Celebrity. They have 2 ships on the list.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/exposure-flights-cruise-ships-mass-gatherings.html?fbclid=IwAR10XYZ68yHfK6KdY3rI9LhA209Xm50eCnnBcc5wrnJ9x1GLupwPuiPpTso#wb-auto-6

2 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

Hoping everyone is healthy and doing ok. 
This is from Canada’s official website and breaks down all flights and cruise ships confirmed with Covid 19. Still have yet to hear anything from Celebrity. They have 2 ships on the list.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/exposure-flights-cruise-ships-mass-gatherings.html?fbclid=IwAR10XYZ68yHfK6KdY3rI9LhA209Xm50eCnnBcc5wrnJ9x1GLupwPuiPpTso#wb-auto-6

So as a Canadian I am actually embarrassed that this was published. Sail dates and embarkation/disembarkation ports are wrong for both Celebrity Summit and Silhouette.

9 hours ago, gotcha3 said:

How did these people get home from the cruise? Is it possible that the cruise was NOT the source of the infection, but rather the airport, plane, etc, etc?

I didn’t see anywhere where it said “ source”. I believe it’s was just where “confirmed cases“ had been traced to before returning to Canada. There is also many flights that were listed as well. I believe 7 pages. 

9 hours ago, drega99 said:

So as a Canadian I am actually embarrassed that this was published. Sail dates and embarkation/disembarkation ports are wrong for both Celebrity Summit and Silhouette.

Actually, as a Canadian, I am not embarrassed.   The dates may be incorrect - but at least they are notifying the public.  

This is more than what Celebrity has done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

I didn’t see anywhere where it said “ source”. I believe it’s was just where “confirmed cases“ had been traced to before returning to Canada. There is also many flights that were listed as well. I believe 7 pages. 

Scroll down past the flights and there is a “Cruise” section.

2071092812_ScreenShot2020-03-29at9_34_25AM.thumb.png.ee7f5da473c7eb0dc6ffb032dcfc162c.png

9 hours ago, drega99 said:

Oh yes, you are right. I hadn’t noticed that. I was just shocked to see three Celebrity ships listed. And so many flights listed as well. 
The Summit departed from SAN Juan ( not Fort Lauderdale) but did return to Fort Lauderdale and was longer, as they were denied at San Juan. So that dates are right on that one. 

Im not sure about the other sailings, but I believe the Solstice had to disembark at a different port as well. 

BB285D3C-2974-4044-B9D0-587906677909.jpeg