A Shout Out to Travel Agents

Orator

I would like to recognize all the efforts made by Travel Agents during this crises. I image that almost every call you receive is to cancel a cruise. You lose money every time you answer the phone. You must be answering the phone often. You must calm frustrated clients, do some hand holding and answer the same questions over and over. We've often read complaints, some of them fair, but for the vast majority of cruisers you provide a valuable service. As one passanger I'd like to thank you for your professionalism.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

I know our TAs staff is working long hours and yet I have talked to them both yesterday and today, upbeat and cheerful and looking out for their customers
I’m sure the Celebrity staff in the Call Centers are doing the same.

Thanks to all of them during this time of total uncertainty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Agree wholeheartedly!

Suggestion : Since they’re not getting paid for all this effort, might be nice to thank them by bringing flowers, chocolates and/or dining out gift cards.

Not  to take away from your suggestion, some TAs have posted on various threads that Celebrity & RCI are taking care of them where some others aren’t.  

+1

Mine (also a personal friend of about 30 years) called me this morning. I had emailed him yesterday with a question, making it clear that I wanted him to push me down the queue so he could take care of urgent issues first.  

I answered the phone with, "How in the heck do you have time for me right now?!?"

He responded that he had been rescuing/re-routing people, reorganizing a gazillion things, and calming people down overnight and all morning (the president really freaked people out last night), and he "just needed to talk to someone SANE and CALM for a few minutes before diving back in!" 

I assured him that I'm here for him whenever he needs a break. I also texted him a couple of times today with inspirational "You've got this!" and "Hang in there!" messages.

Hurray for travel agents! They deserve our patience and appreciation!

• Like 2

My TA isn't a friend, but she's booked my last 3 cruises.  I sent her a not early in the week to tell her how much she is appreciated, just because I knew she was dealing with so much.  A kind word or thought is always appreciated.

• Like 1

Just started using a new TA after some research - we have our 2021 Baltic cruise on the Reflection with her.  Had a couple questions (not important) just as the Coronavirus was flaring up in China.  Took a few days to hear (but I wasn't in any hurry, so not a problem).  When she got back, she apologized, and said she spent the better part of several days making rushed arrangements for 3 of he clients who were over in China and needed to get back, and she was successful.  Sounds like we found our TA!

• Like 2

My wife is my TA 😍.  Has been for 30 years.  That's how we met.
Her real job now is as an Acct Mngr for a large corporate travel company.
As you might imagine, not a lot of corporate travel at them moment so they (her company) will be taking a big hit, and likely need to RIF many.   I think I'll take some 🌷's home today...

• Like 2

My TA is guiding us through the best way to approach all of this and has been a jewel; positive upbeat and at the same time reality-based. Will probably save us a goodly amount and help us keep positive and looking forward.

Excellent thread Orator!

Den

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1