Will you book another cruise on Princess ?

jpj39

Every single reply says they will book Princess again. I agree,  we took a future cruise credit for our cancelled April Hawaii  Cruise, have three more booked and 8 FTC $100 dollar coupons each. Also I have been buying and adding more Princess Stock, so I now have a great investment in the future of the company at a much lower price per share. it is a win for everyone all around.

• Like 1

Of course. Have four future cruises already booked. We did debate whether to take all FCC or refund and FCC yesterday for our Sky Princess cruise on 28 March. Sorry to say we went with the latter in the end just in case.

Edited by Geoffa30

We have a cruise booked for Sept and Dec and in March 2022. Had planned to book 3 cruises in 2021 but was waiting to see what other obligations we have first. No doubt we will cruise again, definitely once there's a vaccine, likely before when safe for elderly. I crossed our May cruise off my calendar today and almost cried. So sad! Can't wait to cruise again!

3 hours ago, ar1950 said:

If Princess survives and we survive, absolutely will book again.  This too shall pass, sooner rather than later, hopefully.

That kind of sums it up for us. That is the variable in the equation.

• Like 1

Absolutely! We have an Alaska cruise booked in 2021 and we will be rescheduling our April 2020 cruise ASAP. We have been very impressed by how Princess has handled an incredibly difficult and unprecedented situation!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ar1950 said:

If Princess survives and we survive, absolutely will book again.  This too shall pass, sooner rather than later, hopefully.

That sums it up for us too. Our next one booked is July of next year. I don't see us taking one before then as don't have the time.

I am glad we have it booked, and may look at one past that since we have a FCD sitting out there, after this recent cancellation. Main reason is if there is a good deal with perks, it could be a good time to book, as I suspect when they come back to sailing, the future prices may have a big increase and rather have it booked at current rate if possible. Just not had time to look around yet as to where we might want to go.

Oh, and probably covered elsewhere in here on CC, but the cruise we cancelled had a non-refundable deposit, and was booked using a FCD. When the TA cancelled the cruise, the FCD went right back into our accounts, and we were wondering if we would lose them or not.

• Like 2

Looking forward to a cruise on the Sky this November. Hoping conditions for us and Princess is  a go by then.

Thinking that during the sixty days, all the ships can get a deep clean and a freshening for future cruises.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jpj39 said:

Future of Princess Cruises do you think Princess will survive this Crisis?

will you book another cruise on Princess?

do yo think you   were treated fairly if the cruise was cancelled or you cancelled?

Interesting question. Over the last 5 years or so we've switched from RCI to Princess. In February, before all this hit the fan, we went on an RCI cruise for our daughter's wedding. While we had a great time and the food and service was fine, I was reminded why my preference for cruising had switched from RCI to Princess. We're in our late 50's and Princess seems to be the best product for us. Better food, better service and a much quieter cruise without the level of nickel and dime-ing that RCI has become so adept at.

Having said all that, I think cruising is about to change. I think this outbreak will impact cruising for a long time. Rightfully or wrongly, the cruise industry has taken a black eye on this. Like the Norovirus, this virus shows what happens when you put a large group of people into a contained environment. Some might call this an incubator. Lets face it, people are living longer and cruisers are statistically an older clientele to begin with, 47 years on average. Yes there are lines where there are younger people but there are cruise lines like Holland and Princess where the average age is noticeably older. With older people being more susceptible to disease and statistically more prone to get seriously ill or die from viruses like Coronavirus, I think the cruise industry as a whole is in for a bit of a wake up call.

I've been on almost 30 cruises and I've always brushed off these concerns. Bah, people get sick on all inclusives too, we just dont hear that much about it. And that's true. But when we travel to another country we are putting our faith in a lot of people. The CDC inspects these ships, they'll be fine unless of course the CDC has been gutted as they have in the last 3 years. Its safe to visit places with world class health systems like Italy, England, USA and so on. Is it? In Italy you have a government that has been at odds for years and the results have shown themselves in this outbreak. And I dont want to turn this into a political post but in the US you see what happens when a government denies science and an outbreak just so they wont lose votes. They've put the entire country at risk and at the same time called in to question their ability to handle not only health emergencies but day to day situations that could grow into pockets of severe illness or larger outbreaks.

For years the cruise industry has been building more ships, bigger ships, visiting more remote areas. Eco tourism is a big thing now. Should we be visiting remote places like the Galapagos? Its now becoming more common to see pictures and videos of people in remote places, with animals and people who might be better off if we just left them alone. And with these remote places comes more chance of a remote illness that the cruise line will be unable to handle. 

All this to say, this is not the cruise line's fault. Norovirus, Covid-19 isn't picking on them. Its going to spread even if there are no cruise ships but this isn't going to stop people from questioning if they haven't been a bit cavalier with their own health,  wondering if maybe that could be them on that ship for 14 or 21 days, floating around, going nowhere. Certainly you can forget about attracting anyone to take a cruise who previously might have been on the fence.

This isn't like 911 where the enemy was well identified and after a short period taken care of. This is different. It feels different to me anyway. The great majority of cruisers will return I'm pretty sure of that but there's going to be a long stretch of time where there's going to be lots of empty cabins while people contemplate their next move. Meanwhile all those new ships that are in the process of being built will continue to come to market. I've wondered for a few years when this glut of ships and rooms would be too much. When the cruise lines would suddenly realize that their supply is exceeding demand. This recent virus outbreak might just push this over-supply to the forefront. 

I'm not sure how the cruise industry is going to come out of this, nobody is I suppose. It will come out of it but its anybody's guess what its going to look like.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We had just finished a long trip that included cruising with Princess to Antarctica and didn’t have another cruise planned this year so this temporary suspension doesn’t impact us.  We do have a Med voyage booked next year and will likely keep it. 
As long as the Big ‘C’ (Carnival) comes out of this intact we will certainly be sailing on Princess again and likely buying more stock as well. 

Edited by gottagocit
  • Like 2