Will you book another cruise on Princess ?

jpj39

Yup.  Once they start sailing again we have lots of FCC since we had 2 cruises booked during this 60 day time frame that Princess suspended saiing.  We would book again with Princess even without the FCC.

• Like 1

I haven’t decided yet. We were on the Caribbean Princess 3/1 sailing. I wanted to cancel, hubby didn’t. What disappointed me was that Princess knowingly transferred 2 employees who had been on the Grand Princess to the Caribbean Princess knowing what the implications could be. We all spent an anxious 24 hours waiting for the COVID testing to be complete. $75 on board credit and 25% future cruise credit wasn’t enough to make me think their actions were OK. We could never get an answer as to exactly when those 2 employees had come on board.  I think they’ve done the right thing by shutting down for 60 days, but it should have been done sooner. We’ve been Princess customers for around 15 years. We’re itinerary driven in our cruising and Princess has always had itineraries that interest us. We have a cruise booked for February 2021. I will probably wait until the last minute to decide if we will go/make final payment. I enjoy cruising, but I’m not running out to book any other cruise lines either. Many things could change over the next year with Coronavirus and the approach that cruise lines will take.

Future of Princess Cruises do you think Princess will survive this Crisis? It is my opinion they will survive.

will you book another cruise on Princess? The current pandemic will not affect my decision on future cruises.

do yo think you  were treated fairly if the cruise was cancelled or you cancelled? N/A

• Like 1

Will I cruise again and with Princess, you bet, but I ain't an idiot, it will be after this first round happens and mitigation changes are made for all cruises.

Prices and availability will most certainly be good, and the crowds and demographics likely different, it'll never be the same again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

Future of Princess Cruises do you think Princess will survive this Crisis? It is my opinion they will survive.

will you book another cruise on Princess? The current pandemic will not affect my decision on future cruises.

do yo think you  were treated fairly if the cruise was cancelled or you cancelled? N/A

Princess is part of CCL, here is a good read, not clear if they have a cash flow crunch and limited credit what kind of company you are looking at in 9 months.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4330122-is-not-yet-time-to-buy-carnival-stock

2 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

@chipmaster Not sure why you quoted me and then talked about whether or not to buy stock. I simply said that in my opinion the company will survive - based on their most recent Financials (P&L and Balance Sheets).

Future of Princess Cruises do you think Princess will survive this Crisis? It is my opinion they will survive.

Did you read, you think CCL as mother ship might have to make some adjustments?   They will decide, not Princess, the brand was decades in the making likely survive, how it looks who knows.  

What happens if cruises are banned from many countries?  What would the impact be?   What does each brand's business strategy look like?

I simply answered a direct question....Yes, I think the Princess line of CCL will survive. My response was based on the most recent financial reports (P&L and Balance Sheet) released by CCL. They are publicly traded and you can google and find their financial reports. 

Do I think there may be changes - possibly. Do I think this to shall pass, yes.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I converted a FCC for a cruise in November in response to Jan Swartz video regarding the suspension of operations.  There is no way I want to see this company go under.  It's far too important to me.  I didn't put a ton of thought into other knowing vaguely that i wanted to do something at Thanksgiving.  Supporting the business felt like the right thing to do.

Stay healthy all.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Yes I would love to book another cruise for summer 2021. Time will tell. Have to admit, I would be hesitant to book anything on the Grand unless they do a major overhaul of it (not to mention new beds, bedding, and towels). 

Testing on the virus shows a short life span of only a few days on surfaces at an ideal temperature. Have not seen anything on cloth. With a good cleaning and sitting idle for 60 days, I wouldn't worry.

We have about fifty days booked and will only cancel at the last second if there are still travel restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1