Will you book another cruise on Princess ?

jpj39

We already had three booked, one for late summer 2020 and two for 2021.  The Grand, the Sky, and the Discovery Princesses.

Since we have not approached final payment for any of the three, we have a lot of time to make a decision to cancel or go.  We will cruise with Princess again in the future as the Coronavirus pandemic ends.

• Like 1

The answer to your question is a YES!

You know how you find a brand (shoes, clothes medicine, services, etc..) that fits you perfectly? The one that you will go buy again and again because it is comfortable for you. This is how we feel about Princess Cruise lines. We are comfortable with their brand of cruising. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

The answer to your question is a YES!

You know how you find a brand (shoes, clothes medicine, services, etc..) that fits you perfectly? The one that you will go buy again and again because it is comfortable for you. This is how we feel about Princess Cruise lines. We are comfortable with their brand of cruising. 

That is EXACTLY how we feel as well.  Our next cruise on Princess is already booked!

• Like 1

Life without cruising with Princess? unthinkable

Will we book another Princess cruise - absolutely IF these things happen.....

1.  We live to tell the tale.

2.  Princess lives to tell the tale.

3.  Prices don’t go up,dramatically
4.  We get a refund for our May 23rd cruise on CB. As well as for our flights and hotels.

Princess have been very unfortunate. The Japanese quarantine of Diamond for so long was, IMHO, a tragic mistake.  If the ship had been evacuated immediately and only those sick at that early stage, forced to remain in Japan, who knows how many would have escaped the virus or even death.

But it’s going to be a long hard road back for the whole cruise industry, and all those who are involved in the implementation of the industry. 

I very much hope Princess survives.

• Like 1

We have one booked for September.  Hope all is well by then.  In addition, we just purchased an additional 100 shares of stock! The extra shares won't give us more OBC, but when we eventually sell we'll, hopefully, make a great profit!

• Like 2

Here’s my story of how 2 different cruise lines have handled this crisis. We were booked on a Japan spring flowers cruise on Cunard. No communication at all. If I wanted any update I had to look through the boards on Cruisecritic or just see the blanket information they posted on their website. Calling got no information and still waiting for information on part of my refund from their customer service which will hopefully be answered at least 30 days from my inquiry. I do have a 25% pp fcc but I don’t care. I will never book again with them due to their poor response to this. 

Princess, on the other hand, has handled this unfortunate incident with compassion to their customer. They have responded promptly with me and have been clear on all my questions. I will ABSOLUTELY book again with Princess. I will be using all my fcc and gladly spend my money with a company that responds with their customer in mind. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ar1950 said:

This too shall pass, sooner rather than later, hopefully.

I agree. News outlets are reporting that incidences of the virus in China are going down, and that people here is the USA who have had the virus have recovered or are recovering nicely. While it's a potentially serious disease, I'm afraid there has been too much knee jerking over it. I'm looking forward to my next Princess cruise. I'm just sorry I have to wait until early next year!

• Like 2

Hi,

Yes, I certainly hope to sail with Princess again! I have taken 22 Princess cruises since 1989. Princess cruises are a wonderful way to see the world. I have sailed on a variety of interesting itineraries with Princess to areas such as Australia, Japan, Scandinavia/Russia, the British Isles, the Mediterranean, Mexico and the Caribbean. I also use my Princess Visa card every day to earn points for future cruises.

I sincerely hope that this crisis ends soon and we are again enjoying time aboard a Princess ship. 

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9
  • Like 2

I keep looking for a great deal. I'd love to sail this summer. Looks like Alaska is out until July. If the ships make it to Europe empty, perhaps I'll be able to take another transatlantic in the fall. The biggest thing holding me back now is DH. He doesn't want to be away from his elderly mother for too long. The most I might be able to talk him into is a one-week cruise.

On 3/13/2020 at 12:06 AM, Expat Cruise said:

Every single reply says they will book Princess again. I agree,  we took a future cruise credit for our cancelled April Hawaii  Cruise, have three more booked and 8 FTC $100 dollar coupons each. Also I have been buying and adding more Princess Stock, so I now have a great investment in the future of the company at a much lower price per share. it is a win for everyone all around.

Not my reply. They need to do a better job of maintaining their fleet. I would only book their newest ships.

Me.....   No,  maybe not.  

The reason is not the current situation.  The reason is the changes and cutbacks that have been made that I feel are mistakes. Changes that take away the things that I have loved about Princess.  The cutbacks in menus and nicer food and seafood offerings.  The loss of the nice Retreat adult pool area on the new ships. The minimalistic instead of welcoming redesign of some areas.  Etc. Etc.

We have really enjoyed the Regal.  Took forever for them to replace the old beds.  And it will be repositioned to the West Coast. 

We we have been interested in cruising the Eastern Med.  Have considered other lines. 

4 hours ago, 2+2 said:

Not my reply. They need to do a better job of maintaining their fleet. I would only book their newest ships.

Which means you would still book with  Princess Cruise again. So When I posted "Every single reply says they will book Princess again." The statement was correct as you posted before my post. 

Booking newer Princess Ships is booking with Princess. Interestingly  the oldest ship in the fleet the Sun Princess has the most experienced Princess Guests on it, the last cruise 1400 out of 2000 guests were Elite.  So the most traveled guests on the line seem to be happy with the older ships.   Thank you for supporting Princess Cruises

Probably not.

Not so much due to the current health crisis, rather Princess negligently polluting our oceans, and deliberately trying to cover it up. 

A company with those kinds of questionable morals has made us question how concerned they are about passenger safety and security in favor of their own bottom line.

Absolutely!!  In fact, I'm hoping to book on the first sailing once this "pause" is over --  to show my support and because, you know, it's a cruise!   I don't think Princess is perfect, but I do feel an emotional connection with the brand for various reasons that I don't with others (I do like to sail on Cunard, but it's hard to love them.).   So, I am willing to forgive their errors (i.e., a few bad apples who willfully violated environmental regs; freezing cold pools . . . ) and I am delighted to support them in times when things are iffy, through no fault of their own (post-9/11; viruses [virusi?]). 

And I'm serious about being on the first cruise out in May!  

• Like 1