RCCL requires Drs, note

1 hour ago, fairweather said:

In my state urgent care facilities accept all ages including those over 65. I'm sorry to hear that other states don't. While some are affiliated with hospitals, there are many here independently run. They offer many services including preventative health care.

What is with this fetish that you have for Urgent Care facilities? 

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2020 at 2:35 PM, Mapleleafforever said:

no adults only areas where young people are discriminated against. 

Even Disney has adults only areas. Children only, family and adults only areas on their ships. There are people who do not want kids running around yelling because there are parents who do not discipline their kids. You want to take your kid every where, take them to Beaches Resort.

• Like 1

Not really been paying attention to this thread but just had a proper read through it

Just found out that neither me or my gf can cruise as despite being under 30 I have AFib and she has asthma! Both are extremely well controlled and don't really cause much of an issue.

Hope this goes away before January when we are due to sail !

What a strange world we live in at the moment.

21 hours ago, Thesandman12 said:

Hey Wine-0.  We have bailed out of 2020 cruising. Going for 2021, What I hear, rumor, etc, but seems logical No one in the cruise industry knows what is going to happen on the doctor thing. One idea I'm pretty sure maybe true, from some contacts, is have the passenger sign  off  that they have no infection, disease, no contraindications that would prevent them from cruising. Make the cruiser accept the liability  for anything that happens to them, in the event they give something to someone else, then that person or cruise line can go after that cruiser, In other words do not blame us, blame cruiser xyz for everything they did and we have a signed release form from them. Just hear that the idea is being floated around among others. Ain't life wonderful, hope to see you in 2021.

How can you prove which fellow passenger gave you something?

An example.  I was on day 5 of a 7 day cruise when I came down with a bad cold.  I was pretty sure I got it from a guy that sat next to me in the main show room the previous nights.  My wine glass was in the drink holder in the armrest between us.  During the performance he sneezed into my wine glass.

Since I didn't know him and didn't come down with the cold until the next day, it would be almost impossible to find/ dentify him.  Plus there is no absolute certainty that he was the one that infected me.

Edited by gatour
  • Like 1

Since we have doctors here.

When kids go into a doctor's office to get a sport physical to participate in a school school sports.  Is there some type of form signed by the doctor to show the school?  If so how is that form different than RCCL's form?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maxsales said:

For me it's pretty simple until the doctors note situation goes away we are done cruising, period.

Not just the note, but “underlying conditions “ for anyone. 

I agree and think there are a whole lot of folks in that boat, er, ship, er, or not, 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KBD1516 said:

Would a person with a pacemaker (but under 70) need a letter from a doctor in order to cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How would they know you have one? No, you wouldn't need one unless they really, seriously change the screening process. (which they might) 

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

How would they know you have one? No, you wouldn't need one unless they really, seriously change the screening process. (which they might) 

Doesn't that apply to every medical issue? I think the question is if they know the customer has a pacemaker, or insert any medical issue of your choice, would it make a difference on his/her ability to board.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Doesn't that apply to every medical issue? I think the question is if they know the customer has a pacemaker, or insert any medical issue of your choice, would it make a difference on his/her ability to board.

Maybe? It hasn't previously, but who knows what screening will be like in the future? They will be eliminating an awful lot of cruisers at the pier if screening becomes that intrusive. The cruise line would not ordinarily know that someone has a pacemaker.  

I was thinking more in terms of things like diabetes with injections and a sharps container or supplemental oxygen. Conditions where the cruise line would already be aware that the cruiser has a medical condition because they have to provide equipment or accommodation.