No port to embark from.

chromered7

Azamara cancelled the March 28th cruise a few minutes ago.  Here's the email  I received;

You might receive this email more than once because we are reaching out to all of your contact methods on file.

Dear Azamara Guest,

We have some urgent information to provide regarding your upcoming 17-Night Ancient Civilizations Voyage on March 28th, 2020 aboard Azamara Quest®

Along with the US Administration's COVID-19 Taskforce, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, The World Health Organization, we've been vigilantly monitoring the developments of the coronavirus and travel restrictions around the world.

As a result of the United Arab Emirates closing its ports to all cruise ships, we have made the necessary decision to cancel your upcoming voyage, which was scheduled to depart out of Dubai, UAE. Up until today we did not intend to cancel this voyage; however, must do so due to the regional restrictions recently implemented.

In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will have the option to receive a full refund to their original method of payment or receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

If you pre-booked any shore excursions through Azamara, you'll receive a full refund to the original form of payment. Guests with independent arrangements should contact their travel advisors as soon as possible. If you pre-purchased any beverage, internet or specialty dining, you will also receive a full refund to your original form of payment.

Guests with air travel and hotel booked through ChoiceAir will be refunded automatically. Guests with independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations. For any airline flight change fees incurred, you may receive up to $500 per person reimbursement. In order to receive reimbursement, you must send us a copy of the air change fees assessed. Please email to, AzamaraCustomerService@azamara.com.

We know how much time and effort goes into planning your vacation and we sincerely regret for the inconvenience of this cancellation. We hope to welcome you in the near future for an AzAmazing vacation.

In the meantime, should you have any questions about this voyage, please contact us at 1-855-AZAMARA (292-6272), option 3.

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

We have just had an email from Azamara indicating that our cruise Sydney to Singapore arriving 11 April is going ahead. It covers updated health issues and that if over 70 at time of embarkation  you will need a letter from your DR. clearing you to travel.

BUT absolutely NO mention of where they are going to throw us off given Singapore is now closed. REALLY ????

29 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I would say "all" is too broad...

Bonnie, can you confirm that the April 5 Pursuit is cancelled? I have not received a confirmation.

I was reading this article  https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article241196726.html

and it does list Azamara under the Royal Caribbean section as being included. However, when I click on the link to start the refund process, it takes me to this page  https://rccloffer.questionpro.com/ to begin. After clicking "I accept" and next, it only shows Celebrity and Royal Caribbean as options for refunds.

How do Azamara passengers start the refund process?

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Yes I can confirm.Am sharing letter from Mr Pimentel next.

Thank you. I just saw on my roll call that someone received the letter. I didn't, so I'm still not receiving all correspondence. No problem, as long as I see it is now confirmed. I also saw the new advisory, but no link to cancel for refund. Will we need to call? 

March 14, 2020

Dear Azamara Guest,

Beginning at midnight tonight, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., our parent company, has decided to voluntarily suspend our fleet’s global sailings in support of the global public health circumstances. Our goal is to resume operations after April 11th, 2020.

Unfortunately, this means upcoming voyages scheduled to sail during this time will be cancelled. We’re currently working directly with guests as well as travel advisors impacted by this temporary disruption.  

We will conclude current sailings with modifications in order to provide our guests the best options for their safe return home. We are also communicating with our shipboard leadership to work through the adjustments this decision presents for them. We know this adds great stress to our guests, employees and crew, and we are working to minimize the disruption. 

This decision is inconvenient, but necessary in light of the global response to this virus. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused; however, our priority is to protect the safety and well-being of our guests and crew, first and foremost.  We know, this too shall pass, and we are optimistic that very soon you’ll be excited about planning your next vacation. As always, the most important thing to us will always be the safety of our guests and crew. In the meantime, we’ll continue to monitor the global situation. 

I highly encourage you to visit our website, which is constantly being updated with the latest travel alerts and regulations at https://www.azamara.com/travel-advisory.

On behalf of all of us at Azamara, including our senior officers and crew, thank you for your continuous support. We wish you good health and truly appreciate your continued loyalty.

Sincerely, 

Larry Pimentel

President and CEO, AZAMARA®

• Like 1