Cruise Critic Community
govanguy

Reassuring?

9 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I can't believe Royal actually put that out as a public video!  I'm off to have some lasagne. 

Phil 

I'm with you Phil, unfortunately probably the closest any of us will get to Italy for some time.

After that hot mess, I may swear off lasagna!  

Is it April 1st?  

Seriously appalled, have the lunatics taken over the asylum?

Be interesting to know how the target audience of this video i.e. the travel partners, feel about this reassurance!

I thought his last video was bad, this is just unbelievable, has no one told him, when you’re in a hole,  stop digging! This farce has to stop now, I think Azamara are beyond redemption, but they need to be fair to people and let them know that their cruises are not going ahead! I have read that Oman has now closed its ports to all shipping, is the Quest still able to dock tomorrow? 

And if they won’t let guests from Europe board, how can they now stop at any European ports?

Posted (edited)

Breathe? He has to be on another planet. 

In less than two weeks we are due to fly to a country that is closed to cruise ships, the U.A.E. Our ports include countries that are ‘closed’ and with visits to closed tourist areas. Do we really have to suffer another whole weekend of uncertainty about whether we can get a full refund?  One of us would be denied boarding anyway due to age and health. 

This is beyond ridiculous now. 

Edited by cinnamon

36 minutes ago, Lindy028 said:

I have read that Oman has now closed its ports to all shipping, is the Quest still able to dock tomorrow? 

We are here now, have been for the last 27 hours and will be for at least the next 24 for a staggered disembarkation due to flight changes from Dubai. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

We are here now, have been for the last 27 hours and will be for at least the next 24 for a staggered disembarkation due to flight changes from Dubai. 

Glad at least you are tied up safely in a port albeit trying to get home after a lot of days at sea.  Safe travels

Edited by uktog

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

That is so good to hear, things are changing so fast that it is hard to keep pace with the changes. I wish you all safe and quarantine free journeys home, keep safe.

24 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Good luck with your travel home, hope all goes well.

Fully agree with all above.

Most definitely NOT reassuring!!

As we would say in Australia “ What the ......”. It won’t be all better by Tuesday ??

I am supposed to get on a ship Tuesday week that now will not dock where it is supposed to ?? Singapore.This is our first cruise with Azamara. It is so obvious what must happen, like Viking, suspend ALL cruises Azamara for a time to help your clients.