FYI Canada is closing cruise ports until July 1st

Cardiolite

Its buried in this article a bit but here is a quote.

During that news conference, ministers announced a series of new measures to limit the spread of COVID-19:

• International flights will only be permitted to land at a smaller number of airports. Those locations have not yet been announced.
  • A ban on boats and cruise ships carrying more than 500 people from docking at Canadian ports until July.
  • A recommendation that all travellers arriving in Canada from international points self-isolate for 14 days.

I'm booked and paid for a cruise on the Empress of the Sea on June 22, does  anyone know if that cruise was cancelled, it's scheduled to dock in St Johns and Halifax in Canada, that week, prior to July 1?

4 hours ago, wm1985 said:

I'm booked and paid for a cruise on the Empress of the Sea on June 22, does  anyone know if that cruise was cancelled, it's scheduled to dock in St Johns and Halifax in Canada, that week, prior to July 1?

You would get the best answers directly from RCCL but it will all be contingent on the status of virus containment, whether or not the line is sailing, Canada is open to receive visitors. Unfortunately it is too soon to speculate on when or whether any information would be available though RCCL is probably the best place to start in terms of options available to you, perhaps you may rebook or feel more assured cancelling rather than waiting through the uncertainty.

In the interim, look after yourself, stay tuned, and stay hopeful. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 4:06 AM, wm1985 said:

Sorry you are not sailing on this cruise. The cruise will be cancelled. 

On 3/15/2020 at 4:06 PM, wm1985 said:

I guess the answer to your question is:  Unknown at this time.

As for alternative, speculative itineraries I think it’s unlikely Canadian ports will be open to cruise ships before July 1 but maybe a cruise to a variety of ports on Eastern Seaboard of US with a leg over to Bermuda if they’ll take you?