Royal follows Cancels cruises for 30 days

1 hour ago, nah31 said:

Has anyone had any luck with the airlines in refunding their flights after the announcement of cruise being cancelled ? Not future flight credit...but actual refund ? 

Highly doubtful but I'll be following this post if anyone has had luck I'd love to hear about it, many of us are probably out airfare.

6 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

Highly doubtful but I'll be following this post if anyone has had luck I'd love to hear about it, many of us are probably out airfare.

I got a full refund from Spirit about 3 weeks ago when my company decided to cancel a conference for early April. I imagine it’s much different now. I feel like I got in when sympathy was high and nobody understood just how crazy this would become. 

• Thanks 1

Hello can anyone advise on my scenario?

I am booked on Harmony 4/12.  So far its not cancelled but its cutting it close.  Booked through Expedia.

I booked a new cruise on Harmony for 5/17 hoping this will blow over by then. Booked through RCL directly.

Question is, has anyone cancelled their reservation through Expedia with "Cruise with Confidence" and received RCL FCC?  I also would like to know if I can apply the RCL FCC to my already paid in full 5/17 sailing.  *BTW was half the price!

I am booked on Harmony 4/12.  So far its not cancelled but its cutting it close.  Booked through online travel agent.

I booked a new cruise on Harmony for 5/17 hoping this will blow over by then. Booked directly.

Question is, has anyone cancelled their reservation through online travel agent with "Cruise with Confidence" and received RCL FCC?  I also would like to know if I can apply the RCL FCC to my already paid in full 5/17 sailing.  *BTW was half the price!

16 minutes ago, robbie59 said:

I am booked on Harmony 4/12.  So far its not cancelled but its cutting it close.  Booked through online travel agent.

I booked a new cruise on Harmony for 5/17 hoping this will blow over by then. Booked directly.

Question is, has anyone cancelled their reservation through online travel agent with "Cruise with Confidence" and received RCL FCC?  I also would like to know if I can apply the RCL FCC to my already paid in full 5/17 sailing.  *BTW was half the price!

If you’re asking for an opinion, I’d say there is a 0% chance they are sailing at all in April, same for May. Canada and New Zealand have closed ports until 7/1 and I suspect as this continues to escalate , the world will follow suit. Much of the data I’ve seen says there is a good chance this is peaking in May... maybe getting better in June. I can’t speak to the FCC as my cruise was canceled and I took the full refund. 

If anyone is waiting for their FCC or refund to book a cruise this time next year better check availability of rooms for next year. Booked this week on cruise for next year (spring break) after our cruise was cancelled and got last rooms on ship. If you end up having to take a FCC you might not be able to cruise when you want next year. This could be a big problem.

We were on the March 30th Brilliance sailing.  Trying to weigh our options to decide if we want the FCC or refund.  I know we will be refunded everything that was prepaid (gratuities, drink package, etc.).  Does anyone know if the travel insurance will also be refunded?  

So much uncertainty and panic is abounding.   There are so many moving parts.   Each cruise line has so many ships that will be somewhere for 30 to 60 days while in limbo.  Countries are shutting down and closing ports.  The press is feeding into panic and there are no cooler heads prevailing.  I love cruising as most of us here do as well.  Coordinating the logistics for the resumption of cruising will be an epic undertaking.  Ships currently scheduled for maintenance/upgrades during this time may not be able to have sufficient labor available to do the work due to quarantines.    Speculation is rampant and facts seem to be in short supply.  I appreciate most of the information on CC since we have many members that seem to be connected to good sources of information.  I want to do my next 2 cruises in the Med and TA but I am not overly optimistic that things will just resume and pick up where they left off and just keep current plans in place.  Stay well and wash your hands! 

Right now we only have the deposits down on our cabins, final payment is due March 23rd.  I'm wondering if we can transfer those deposits to another cruise booking for next year (even with a fee)?  I'm concerned with making the full payment to RCI and having those funds tied up in FCCs then something happens to RCI financially.

12 hours ago, toddnmargo said:

We were on the March 30th Brilliance sailing.  Trying to weigh our options to decide if we want the FCC or refund.  I know we will be refunded everything that was prepaid (gratuities, drink package, etc.).  Does anyone know if the travel insurance will also be refunded?  

We are booked on 4-12-20 Anthem TA.  I spoke with a Royal rep last night while booking the 4-25-21 Anthem TA.  He told me that we will not be refunded the amount we paid for Cruise Care insurance if the 4-12-20 cruise ends up getting canceled.     Maybe someone who has been canceled and had Royal’s Cruise Care insurance will post to confirm or deny this. 

27 minutes ago, KelJ said:

We are booked on 4-12-20 Anthem TA.  I spoke with a Royal rep last night while booking the 4-25-21 Anthem TA.  He told me that we will not be refunded the amount we paid for Cruise Care insurance if the 4-12-20 cruise ends up getting canceled.     Maybe someone who has been canceled and had Royal’s Cruise Care insurance will post to confirm or deny this. 

Insurance is never refundable, in my experience. 

• Like 2

I’m also sailing on 4/12 and I’m disappointed that they fudged the “30 day” numbers and aren’t offering a refund for that date yet. I was really looking forward to my cruise but I want a refund not FCC. I think they will cancel us eventually but hate waiting!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/13/2020 at 4:01 PM, DCL2RCI said:

Me too, just wanting confirmation - the other lines specified in their announcements what the policies would be - NCL for example is offering 125% FCC or 100% refund.

Our grandson was supposed to leave yesterday (3/14) on Navigator (RCCL).  Since cruise was cancelled, he was offered 100% refund  OR 125% FCC.  

32 minutes ago, polaris86 said:

I’m also sailing on 4/12 and I’m disappointed that they fudged the “30 day” numbers and aren’t offering a refund for that date yet. I was really looking forward to my cruise but I want a refund not FCC. I think they will cancel us eventually but hate waiting!

I get what ypu are saying. Anticipation is part of the fun of a cruise. It is pretty hard to get excited about something that may not happen. Not only would I not be excited, I would find the uncertainty stressful.

• Like 1

My June 11th 9 night NE/Canada cruise on Grandeur is beyond the 30 day cancelling...but with it scheduled to go to Canada (of whom is refusing cruise ships until after 7/1)....  will this cruise be cancelled as well?  Unless Jones act gets pulled down...it will be cancelled too I assume.  Unless they take a hop to Bermuda...assuming they don't kick out the cruise ships as well.  

Speculation is everywhere right now.  

I just went online and did the cash refund for the cruise.  I just didn't want RC to have my money for any length of time not knowing when we would cruise with them again.  We do have a Carnival cruise in May out of NYC and a Celebrity cruise RT from Venice in Oct.  So I will see what happens with these two cruises.

I did go online 3/15 and requested the cash refund for this cruise.  Still no email from RCL saying it was done.  Don't know how long it will take.

9 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

I just went online and did the cash refund for the cruise.  I just didn't want RC to have my money for any length of time not knowing when we would cruise with them again.  We do have a Carnival cruise in May out of NYC and a Celebrity cruise RT from Venice in Oct.  So I will see what happens with these two cruises.

I did go online 3/15 and requested the cash refund for this cruise.  Still no email from RCL saying it was done.  Don't know how long it will take.

I'm pretty sure somewhere RCCL has stated refunds will take 30 days from the date they are requested. It's in the email RCCL sent out regarding the FCC or refund options... 

• You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.

10 hours ago, dswallow said:

I'm pretty sure somewhere RCCL has stated refunds will take 30 days from the date they are requested. It's in the email RCCL sent out regarding the FCC or refund options... 

• You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.

Yes, I realize that it would take 30 days.   But I thought they would have sent an email to confirm that I requested a refund.  

I cancelled two cruises - one on Celebrity and one on RCI.  The Celebrity cruise is gone from my cruise planner, but the RCI is not.  Different travel agents.  I have not yet received a refund from either and that was over a week ago. I.m not surprised as I am sure their backlog is horrendous at this time.  I a concerned that RCI has not received the cancellation from the second TA yet.  I will have to follow up with the TA, I guess.

On 3/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I get what ypu are saying. Anticipation is part of the fun of a cruise. It is pretty hard to get excited about something that may not happen. Not only would I not be excited, I would find the uncertainty stressful.

It certainly is for me.

In anticipation of April 12 Oasis sailing probably being cancelled I have cancelled all shore excursions, bev pkg and wifi.  Hoping for a refund instead of FCC.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

It certainly is for me.

In anticipation of April 12 Oasis sailing probably being cancelled I have cancelled all shore excursions, bev pkg and wifi.  Hoping for a refund instead of FCC.

Did the same for my 5/24 Oasis Cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Judyrem said:

It certainly is for me.

I'm in the same predicament.  I'm curious on what other's plans are?  I'm half tempted to get on a plane and fly out only to have them cancel as the fares on my flights are now dirt cheap.  I rather get refunded and risk going that route than waving the white flag and canceling April 9th and them announcing on April 10 at 3pm that they are now canceling cruises for another 30 days.

• Like 1