Royal follows Cancels cruises for 30 days

Same here April  11 Rhapsody out of Tampa.

As of this morning I could still book  a Tour

of Grand Cayman even though the Port is closed for 60 days

and no chance of going ashore.Seem like it would be easier

to block the sale other than having to play the refund game.

I too plan to wait till the last  3 days for RCI decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KelSny1011 said:

I'm in the same predicament.  I'm curious on what other's plans are?  I'm half tempted to get on a plane and fly out only to have them cancel as the fares on my flights are now dirt cheap.  I rather get refunded and risk going that route than waving the white flag and canceling April 9th and them announcing on April 10 at 3pm that they are now canceling cruises for another 30 days.

I assume they will announce the next round of closures by April 1st if not sooner. 

2 hours ago, Florida native said:

Same here April  11 Rhapsody out of Tampa.

As of this morning I could still book  a Tour

of Grand Cayman even though the Port is closed for 60 days

and no chance of going ashore.Seem like it would be easier

to block the sale other than having to play the refund game.

I too plan to wait till the last  3 days for RCI decision.

Do you know if there  are many Caribbean ports that are open?

We're in the Same boat here. April 12 Freedom from san juan. I was really holding out hope and haven't cancelled anything yet- not the cruise, flights, Airbnb,  rental car... The same flight we paid 500 each RT from EWR is now 80 RT. We finally decided it was time to cancel a few days ago, but now I'm stuck waiting for Royal to cancel 1st, as I would prefer the full refund.. Hoping they dont wait till 4/11 to cancel 😥

The limbo is really unfair at this point since it seems clear they will not be able to resume saling by 4/11 ..

Same situation here as everyone else.  Booked for a 4 night out of Galveston sailing 4/13 to Cozumel.  We are celebrating my Mother's 95th birthday on the 14th along with family members, and are totally confused and cannot seem to get any answers about cancelling if the cruise actually takes place as scheduled.   I understand no one seems to know, but just getting the run around from RCCL.   JUst frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Alan C said:

Same situation here as everyone else.  Booked for a 4 night out of Galveston sailing 4/13 to Cozumel.  We are celebrating my Mother's 95th birthday on the 14th along with family members, and are totally confused and cannot seem to get any answers about cancelling if the cruise actually takes place as scheduled.   I understand no one seems to know, but just getting the run around from RCCL.   JUst frustrating.

Currently that cruise is scheduled and falls under the Cruise with confidence policy that applies to all cruises departing up until July 31. 

You can choose to cancel now and receive receive a full refund in the form of a FCC.  This can be done up until appx 65 hours prior to sailing.  As long as you call and tell them you are cancelling you would get the refund even if the cruise goes ahead.

The  other issue that you have is that every person over 70 will require a Dr’s note certifying that they do not have any chronic conditions and that they are fit to travel or they will be denied boarding. 

When Royal will decide if additional sailings are being cancelled and what the offer will be if they do is anyone’s guess and calling them won’t yield any answers until they release that information. 

Difficult having a Brilliance 5/2/20 TA Tampa to Amsterdam and wanting a refund, must wait until 4/28/20 hoping RCI cancels.  Would they sail knowing that people disembarking in Amsterdam would face a 14 day quarantine upon return to the USA?  Hard to know what the next 5 weeks will bring.  Just received an email from RCI saying they totally intend to resume cruising April 11.  Stay tuned.

3 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Difficult having a Brilliance 5/2/20 TA Tampa to Amsterdam and wanting a refund, must wait until 4/28/20 hoping RCI cancels.  Would they sail knowing that people disembarking in Amsterdam would face a 14 day quarantine upon return to the USA?  Hard to know what the next 5 weeks will bring.  Just received an email from RCI saying they totally intend to resume cruising April 11.  Stay tuned.

I got that email too.  I doubt they will hold to that date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alan C said:

Agree.  So frustrating.  Wish your Mother a Happy 95th Birthday.

985653C6-7D67-466A-9E50-E9E2666789D4.gif.077a6a3e047c8733beedf39db75761e8.gif

I find it almost comical  that people really think they will be cruising anytime soon.

I can almost guarantee nothing will be sailing again until summer, people are in denial on my FB cruise page set for April. 

Royal and the rest should of followed Princess with a 90 freeze .

Edited by Midwestgal
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

I find it almost comical  that people really think they will be cruising anytime soon.

I can almost guarantee nothing will be sailing again until summer, people are in denial on my FB cruise page set for April. 

Royal and the rest should of followed Princess with a 90 freeze .

I agree.  I am just waiting for the announcement of my April cruise to be cancelled. Some of my roll call people are still holding out hope.  I am thinking that the major lines are going to wait for last minute to try to control some of the incoming call volume and requests. 

For us it’s not so much if Royal cancels our May 17 departure, it’s whether we would run the risk of being taken to a gulag for 14 day quarantine upon returning or be confined to our stateroom while still aboard.  Like I suspect many are, we will wait and see how the next 4 to 6 weeks unfold.  

I've kept my April 11 Majesty booking open just to see what happens, holding no hope that I would actually be boarding the ship.  I just noticed that it now shows "Check In Closed" on the website.  So it would seem that an announcement extending the shutdown will come soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

Agree with you, we also feel we will not be cruising soon.  I understand why many are late in coming around to the reality of the situation we are currently facing.  We love our freedoms and our way of life.  We don't do well being told what we can do or not do.  With each press conference whether that be from your local government, or state or now at the federal level more and more things are being restricted and large scale actions are now taking place.  Emergency actions, the defense production act being invoked, Honda and Ford being asked to manufacture ventilators, lockdowns and quarantines, economic stimulus plans, Mercy Ships being deployed, National Guards deployed, the list goes on.  Stuff we haven't seen since probably World War 2.  We're all being asked to step up and take action for the common good.  This isn't easy to hear and creates a lot of fear and anxiety.  Is this being overhyped or are these actions overkill?  perhaps, but we won't know until long after this crisis is over.  But they're all here and they all indicate we will not be cruising anytime soon in addition to a lot of other changes to our way of life.  

34 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

Agree with you, we also feel we will not be cruising soon.  I understand why many are late in coming around to the reality of the situation we are currently facing.  We love our freedoms and our way of life.  We don't do well being told what we can do or not do.  With each press conference whether that be from your local government, or state or now at the federal level more and more things are being restricted and large scale actions are now taking place.  Emergency actions, the defense production act being invoked, Honda and Ford being asked to manufacture ventilators, lockdowns and quarantines, economic stimulus plans, Mercy Ships being deployed, National Guards deployed, the list goes on.  Stuff we haven't seen since probably World War 2.  We're all being asked to step up and take action for the common good.  This isn't easy to hear and creates a lot of fear and anxiety.  Is this being overhyped or are these actions overkill?  perhaps, but we won't know until long after this crisis is over.  But they're all here and they all indicate we will not be cruising anytime soon in addition to a lot of other changes to our way of life.  

I live in Chicago, on the edge of the city and ran to Targets today , it’s located at a mall but entrance is separate. It is like a ghost town on the streets and at the store, people are heeding the advice to stay in and that good to see. I was in and out as I needed laundry detergent and apparently that’s a hard item to find here...who would of though.

3 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

I was in and out as I needed laundry detergent and apparently that’s a hard item to find here...who would of though.

Here in RI it is toilet paper.... who would have thought when the virus doesn't even cause diarrhea.

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Here in RI it is toilet paper.... who would have thought when the virus doesn't even cause diarrhea.

Same in MA, no toilet paper, paper towels or tissues.  I was at BJ's 10 minutes after it opened this AM and must have missed a pallet of TP as most carriages had Charmin in them.  They did have generic paper towels though, which is what I needed.  I bet those are long gone now too.