Royal follows Cancels cruises for 30 days

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yea but if their cruises are SAT to SAT like Symphony then what does that mean.  Do they suddenly become Sunday to Sunday and all the ports have to rearrange all the ships.  I don't think even the 3 and 4 day all start on Sunday.

some will have to sit a couple of days otherwise a whole season is wacked up.

All im saying is royal states sailings resume on 12th . Symphony prolly will start the next sat

Edited by rtazz17

5 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

All im saying is royal states sailings resume on 12th . Symphony prolly will start the next sat

ya ya I understand your point.

Then again it could do just a 6 day and then go back to 7 day on 18th.  What a mess.  And RCI could extend it to another 30 days.

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

ya ya I understand your point.

Then again it could do just a 6 day and then go back to 7 day on 18th.  What a mess.  And RCI could extend it to another 30 days.

Yes that could happen too. Ahh wait and see. 

Just now, dada2199cc said:

Was cruising first week of April on the Serenade.

its my most expensive cruise booked ever.

Can an FCC be applied to more than one cruise booking?

i asked that over the weekend, and I got a round about answer.

I think if you had two cruises in 2021 one early in year and one late in the year, if you had to apply the FCC to the first one,

wait for the balance to come to you in another FCC and then apply to second one.  My goodness what a mess

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dada2199cc said:

Was cruising first week of April on the Serenade.

its my most expensive cruise booked ever.

Can an FCC be applied to more than one cruise booking?

Absolutely!

image.thumb.png.3a14fc64a2fca4646797dab215e7f536.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dada2199cc said:

If that’s true then I’m ok.  I’m already booked thru 2021 tho so hopefully the FCC isn’t expiring quickly.

Can't you just apply the FCC to one of your existing 2021 bookings?

What a crock. Just got off NCL Sun this morning and headed to Lauderdale for Adventure of the Seas. RCI cancelled it. I think the safest place on the planet right now is a cruise ship with all the cleaning they are doing. Just got some beer from a Publix, crowds of people passing paper money, sharing carts, dirty rest rooms, picking up food and putting it back. 1 basketball player gets it, cancel the season, one soccer player, cancel the season, one actor, lets cancel movies, Disneyworld and Universal close, but not until Monday? Today and tomorrow are safe though. And all their hotels with thousands of guests are ok to keep open. Fake news?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, disneykins said:

What a crock. Just got off NCL Sun this morning and headed to Lauderdale for Adventure of the Seas. RCI cancelled it. I think the safest place on the planet right now is a cruise ship with all the cleaning they are doing. Just got some beer from a Publix, crowds of people passing paper money, sharing carts, dirty rest rooms, picking up food and putting it back. 1 basketball player gets it, cancel the season, one soccer player, cancel the season, one actor, lets cancel movies, Disneyworld and Universal close, but not until Monday? Today and tomorrow are safe though. And all their hotels with thousands of guests are ok to keep open. Fake news?

There isn't a lot of fake news around on major networks unless someone is rather skewed in perceptions.  These entities are playing the odds to not get sued most likely and to not get blamed should things go side ways. No one has all the facts yet, so it's better safe than sorry.  The businesses are acting more sanely than we humans right now.  RCL doesn't want to sail half full given all the restrictions and I can't say I blame them (even if our much needed vacation is now wiped out).  It seems they are all trying to get past the 2 week limit. But a crock? Okay, if you say so.

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

Can I do this?

i thought FCC is only on new cruises.

if I can apply it to already booked cruises then I definitely will!

You definitely can apply them to already booked cruises, but the way things have been going, it is probably best to apply them very close to final payment. Funny things happen with price drops and refunds when they are applied early. But do be aware of the "use by" date on the FCC. 

Would it make any difference if I cancelled on March 6 for my March 27 Grandeur cruise out of Baltimore?   

My wife was in an accident.  If the cruise line offers just credit to passengers, could my travel insurance refuse a cash refund just on the grounds Royal is offering a credit to all passengers? 

15 minutes ago, disneykins said:

No that's not fake news. All of those things you listed are actually happening.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

There isn't a lot of fake news around on major networks unless someone is rather skewed in perceptions.  These entities are playing the odds to not get sued most likely and to not get blamed should things go side ways. No one has all the facts yet, so it's better safe than sorry.  The businesses are acting more sanely than we humans right now.  RCL doesn't want to sail half full given all the restrictions and I can't say I blame them (even if our much needed vacation is now wiped out).  It seems they are all trying to get past the 2 week limit. But a crock? Okay, if you say so.

not a crock = i agree with the other poster, it's smart and wise. why cruise a ship with half the capacity it's alot of money /lots of overhead vs cancelling and avoiding lawsuits and keeping people safe. yes it may took some companies abit to make a decision but we need to confine this. cruise ships are not the safest place if have one person that ship that has it and didn't know you now infected a lot more people that you may have not have if you were confined at home. hospitals are packed, doctors and nurses are swamped there are really ill people out there besides the coronavirus people. hopefully with the national emergency there will be resources for companies that are affected. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lisa&Neb said:

We are on the phone RIGHT now and the woman said that our sailing in SUNDAY from Cape Liberty is still sailing as scheduled.  What is going on??  Waiting for a supervisor

Did you get an answer? I have called 3 times and get dropped after 20 minutes each time.  We were supposed to board tomorrow.  I don’t want to drive back home and be denied a refund because we “did not show up”😬