Royal Caribbean suspends all cruising in US

Charles4515

4 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

Sounds like some confusion on how to calculate the end of the 30 day period.  However, since it appears that things will be worse, not better, in 30 days, I doubt those cruises will take place.  

Could be. However, if all these closures and shutdowns succeed in #FlatteningTheCurve things might be better in 30 days, after all.

3 minutes ago, treehugr said:

Thanks for posting this...thought I was going crazy. We're on the 4/11 Equinox sailing shown in your list. Just looked at again and the cutoff is now up to 4/10 sailings. 

No you are not going nuts. I was on hold with the airline when someone from our 4/13 roll call posted saying they had updated the list and the cruise was still ago.

2 minutes ago, markeb said:

You'd normally have a deputies meeting, then a principals meeting. You’d draft language so everyone could say the same thing at the same time. It’s worked for the NSC for probably 50 years and the HSC since 2002 or so. It actually used to be a very established process...

Unfortunately, I do know how it used to work...

I hope you are not making a nasty implication like that reporter did that disbanding the NSC Pandemic team was a bad idea.  Who needs a bunch of experts sitting around doing nothing during the majority of the time when we have no pandemics.  😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

Saving a couple of hours on your trip to Florida is peanuts compared to all of the confusion that was created by a poorly written, incomplete press release. This was obviously a rush job to coincide with the President’s press conference.   The fact that they didn’t already have a mock press release already written with TBD inserted in the time, dates, compensation etc. was poor crisis management and planning on the part of RCL. They have known for days that this was a distinct possibility. 

Couple of hours, you have got to be kidding or getting on an airplane, your comments are absolutely indefensible.  Maybe if I drive to Florida or get on a plane unnecessarily is a minor inconvenience to you but to most it is not.  What about all those people who live in Florida and either fly or drive to the port.    What confusion was there about whether the cruise was cancelled.  We knew that in post #2, the only confusion was whether it involved all RC lines and that was quickly cleared up.   

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

Full list is here:

125% FCC or 100% refund

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising?fbclid=IwAR0pyAFX4VSIYm6r9wVIThafLCSXQuQYI_gqtm-BbhTDBFoI-DFoKmex9nU

3/13/2020: Celebrity Reflection - 10 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

03/14/20: Celebrity Equinox - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

3/14/2020: Celebrity Summit - 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

03/15/20: Celebrity Edge - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

3/15/2020: Celebrity Silhouette - 12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

03/21/20: Celebrity Infinity - 2 Night Bahamas Cruise

03/21/20: Celebrity Equinox - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

03/22/20: Celebrity Edge - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

03/23/20: Celebrity Infinity - 5 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

3/23/2020: Celebrity Millennium - 2 Night Heroes Free Cruise

3/23/2020: Celebrity Reflection - 11 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

3/27/2020: Celebrity Silhouette - 9 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

3/28/2020: Celebrity Millennium - 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

03/28/20: Celebrity Equinox - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

03/29/20: Celebrity Edge - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

03/30/20: Celebrity Eclipse - 7 Night Pacific Northwest & California

4/3/2020: Celebrity Reflection - 10 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

4/4/2020: Celebrity Summit - 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

04/4/20: Celebrity Infinity - 2 Night Bahamas Cruise

04/4/20: Celebrity Equinox - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

04/5/20: Celebrity Edge - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

4/5/2020: Celebrity Silhouette - 12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

4/6/2020: Celebrity Millennium - 4 Night Heroes Fundraising Cruise

4/10/2020: Celebrity Millennium - 5 Night Heroes Fundraising Cruise

4/11/2020: Celebrity Summit – 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

04/11/20: Celebrity Equinox - 10 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

04/11/20: Celebrity Infinity - 5 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

04/12/20: Celebrity Eclipse - 8 Night Hawaii Cruise

04/12/20: Celebrity Edge - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

4/13/2020: Celebrity Reflection - 11 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

3/14/2020: Celebrity Summit - 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

03/15/20: Celebrity Edge - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

3/15/2020: Celebrity Silhouette - 12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

03/21/20: Celebrity Infinity - 2 Night Bahamas Cruise

03/21/20: Celebrity Equinox - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

03/22/20: Celebrity Edge - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

03/23/20: Celebrity Infinity - 5 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

3/23/2020: Celebrity Millennium - 2 Night Heroes Free Cruise

3/23/2020: Celebrity Reflection - 11 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

3/27/2020: Celebrity Silhouette - 9 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

3/28/2020: Celebrity Millennium - 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

03/28/20: Celebrity Equinox - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

03/29/20: Celebrity Edge - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

03/30/20: Celebrity Eclipse - 7 Night Pacific Northwest &
California

4/3/2020: Celebrity Reflection - 10 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

4/4/2020: Celebrity Summit - 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

04/4/20: Celebrity Infinity - 2 Night Bahamas Cruise

04/4/20: Celebrity Equinox - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

04/5/20: Celebrity Edge - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

4/5/2020: Celebrity Silhouette - 12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

4/6/2020: Celebrity Millennium - 4 Night Heroes Fundraising Cruise

4/10/2020: Celebrity Millennium - 5 Night Heroes Fundraising Cruise

4/11/2020: Celebrity Summit – 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

04/11/20: Celebrity Equinox - 10 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

04/11/20: Celebrity Infinity - 5 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

04/12/20: Celebrity Eclipse - 8 Night Hawaii Cruise

04/12/20: Celebrity Edge - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

4/13/2020: Celebrity Reflection - 11 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

If wonder if the Reflections knows that according to this list, it wasn’t supposed to sail today?

2 hours ago, MamaFej said:

It really would have been wise for the press release to say that they were shutting down cruising in the US on all lines, and listing the date they anticipate returning to cruising. 

That would have eliminated many of the questions posed here.

I just got a text from Celebrity regarding my canceled cruise. It is MUCH clearer than the press release, including clear dates: "and will resume sailing on April 11th."

Had the press release been as clear as the text, many concerns could have allayed. 

3 hours ago, trucker den said:

Yesterday there were rooms available in almost every category for the 4/11 summit sailing. Today none. Or any sailing in the next month. 

Check again, new update shows only cruises cancelled through 4/10.

I received a call from the shoreside concierge to tell me about the cancelation.  I tried to ask some questions that some of you may be interested in so here goes.

• 125% FCC must be USED by 12/31/2021, not just have a cruise booked by then
  • 100% refund can be requested as late as 12/31/2021 so you can hold off decision until then and if you don't find a cruise to take, you can still get the refund then.
  • Extra OBC from booking this sailing while previously onboard will carry forward if you select the 125 option.
  • All port fees and taxes will be refunded now, FCC is based on actual cruise price.
  • All other fees paid (dining, excursions, etc) will be refunded now.  I did not ask about MoveUp bids
  • Refunds must be requested and will take at least 7 to 10 days.  I didn't ask about TA involvement in the process

I think that was about it for the phone call.

I also received an email with the same details plus:

• Hotels and air booked through Celebrity will be refunded automatically
  • If you want a full refund there is a link to start the process rather than calling
  • If you've already begun your travel to the port, contact the Emergency Travel Department and they will be happy to assist you with hotels and return flights (does that mean help arrange, or help pay????)

After the email, I received the entire message via text also.

Hope this helps.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

So confused...

Our April 11th Equinox cruise was on the original list, so I cancelled our flights, excursions, etc...

Now, our cruise is NOT on the list and based on the email that alismama posted, April 11th cruises are still on??

However, my booking is gone on the Celebrity website and the April 11th Equinox cruise doesn't show either...

So what's going on????

Hi - We are/were on the Reflection on the 13th April.

After reading earlier this evening that Gran Cayman was banning cruise ships for 60 days from Monday, I realised we would not be stopping there even if the cruise goes ahead, I went in to my planner and cancelled our shore excursions for there.

Then read on here above that our cruise is on the list of cancelled cruises, so went in and cancelled off everything else in our planner which we'd booked months ago.

Then checked later on and find its now gone off the list?

So is it cancelled or not?

Very annoying as all the trips have all gone up in price now too !

Its all so frustrating - I doubt we are going but I really want to know for sure.

2 hours ago, Texed said:

You are welcome.

Sorry your cruise was cancelled.  But, at least you got some notice.  Now, we are wondering about our TA on Edge April 19th.  😊

Wishing you the best, but I've got a feeling your TA may not go... X is working as quickly as they can to react to changing circumstances. Announcements will probably come very shortly. 😊

20 minutes ago, Gingerbint said:

Hi - We are/were on the Reflection on the 13th April.

After reading earlier this evening that Gran Cayman was banning cruise ships for 60 days from Monday, I realised we would not be stopping there even if the cruise goes ahead, I went in to my planner and cancelled our shore excursions for there.

Then read on here above that our cruise is on the list of cancelled cruises, so went in and cancelled off everything else in our planner which we'd booked months ago.

Then checked later on and find its now gone off the list?

So is it cancelled or not?

Very annoying as all the trips have all gone up in price now too !

Its all so frustrating - I doubt we are going but I really want to know for sure.

You need to wait a few days. This notice was dictated by politicians and the CDC. 

Should also be pointed out that the first press release came from the President of Royal Caribbean International. I would not expect nor has precedent dictated since the merger that the parent company would give specifics. That’s the job of Celebrity.

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

I only know one major cruise line. Princess who had three ships make the news. Other cruise lines slowly started making calls yesterday. No other U.S based lines made the call until today. Carnival hasn’t even sent a press release out yet. They’re scrambling now to get it out. I’m affected also. Currently have three cruises booked over the next sixty days but I will deal with the disappointment like an adult.

Lol. 

Read the Celebrity forum friend. They have been hiding compared to other lines. 

125% credit is a joke 2 weeks out on a $10k Cruise. Enjoy your adulthood. 

I’ll be spending my money on a different line. Plus I’d probably offend you on “chic” night. 

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Couple of hours, you have got to be kidding or getting on an airplane, your comments are absolutely indefensible.  Maybe if I drive to Florida or get on a plane unnecessarily is a minor inconvenience to you but to most it is not.  What about all those people who live in Florida and either fly or drive to the port.    What confusion was there about whether the cruise was cancelled.  We knew that in post #2, the only confusion was whether it involved all RC lines and that was quickly cleared up.   

I feel like there are more investors on this forum vs normal people like you and I. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Wishing you the best, but I've got a feeling your TA may not go... X is working as quickly as they can to react to changing circumstances. Announcements will probably come very shortly. 😊

You have mail.

Just now, SusieV said:

125% is an insult for those of us cruising this weekend.

You understand that they are not required to return to you anything more than the amount you paid for the cruise? Any compensation above that should be considered a bonus. Yes, flights booked outside of the cruise line could be a hit to you but the fee to change those flights is something that could've been incurred if this had happened 1 week prior, 30 days prior or even 6 months prior depending on when you booked your flights.

• Like 6