Royal Caribbean suspends all cruising in US

Charles4515

1 minute ago, pauly said:

Celebrity has released a press release that all US cruises are cancelled after midnight tonight.

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-release/1158/royal-caribbean-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-cruising/

I appreciate that but when we call Captain's Club we were told there was no knowledge of our cruise being cancelled - you can appreciate that I need someone to confirm from Celebrity vs. a press release I can't access on their public page, I'm sure.

Just now, blubionda said:

I appreciate that but when we call Captain's Club we were told there was no knowledge of our cruise being cancelled - you can appreciate that I need someone to confirm from Celebrity vs. a press release I can't access on their public page, I'm sure.

Yes. Good luck!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, clivey said:

I went to look at available cabins for my April 11th Equinox and it said no rooms available.  That led me here for the intel!  I guess that one was whacked!

We 'were' on the same April 11 cruise.  Disappointed I guess best sums it up. 

10 minutes ago, blubionda said:

At least you are driving - my family and I are all trying to figure out if we get on the plane or not tomorrow . . .

Why would you go?  Unless to enjoy a land vacation.  

1 minute ago, hasentreelake said:

We 'were' on the same April 11 cruise.  Disappointed I guess best sums it up. 

Why would you go?  Unless to enjoy a land vacation.  

Because we are outside the cancellation period on the regular program - we need confirmation that our cruise is not sailing or risk losing all our money as Celebrity is still telling us it's not cancelled ($15k for family).

I am booked on one of the cancelled cruises.  Does anybody have any knowledge as to what happens when Air is booked through Celebrity and a cruise is cancelled?  Does Celebrity handle it or do we contact American Airlines ourselves.  The selfish part of me is so disappointed, but I wish everyone a safe and healthy pandemic

Edited by cruiser61262

1 minute ago, cruiser61262 said:

I am booked on one of the cancelled cruises.  Does anybody have any knowledge as to what happens when Air is booked through Celebrity and a cruise is cancelled?  Does Celebrity handle it or do we contact American Airlines ourselves.  The selfish part of me is so disappointed, but I wish everyone a safe and healthy pandemic

That will be cancelled via Celebrity. 

3 minutes ago, blubionda said:

Because we are outside the cancellation period on the regular program - we need confirmation that our cruise is not sailing or risk losing all our money as Celebrity is still telling us it's not cancelled ($15k for family).

If it were me, I’d be calling Celebrity or my TA right now to get an answer.

1 minute ago, Cdresser said:

My sincere condolences to all who just had their cruises cancelled. I am not among those effected, but can only imagine your distress.

THANK YOU for your kindness - it's even a bigger disappointment because these vacations are treasured times with family that don't live nearby we were looking forward to seeing tomorrow  . . . . (yes, we could all still hang out in FLL, but not the same)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blubionda said:

I tried booking cabins on several cruises in the 30 day window. All showed no cabins available. Probably the easiest way to handle their "wonderful" website.  Who with Celebrity said your cruise is still sailing? Unless it is leaving today or is after the 30 day period it is cancelled. Got to take a bit of time to send out a couple hundred thousand emails.

39 minutes ago, pauly said:

100% Agreed. 

100% Disagree. You don’t put out a Press Release before you have the pertinent information available. The actual release should have been much more complete. The actual dates should have been included. What your options are should have been included. Who to contact should have been include. Celebrity/Royal Caribbean made so many rookie mistakes in this release I would question if it was posted by mistake. Maybe someone got ahold of a first draft and accidentally sent it out. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NinaBlue22 said:

If it were me, I’d be calling Celebrity or my TA right now to get an answer.

We have called both TA and Captain's Club - at the time we actually got thru, both had not yet received any notification our cruise was cancelled - I get the press announcement, but I need confirmation from the people holding my money.

13 minutes ago, blubionda said:

Celebrity Silhouette - FLL departure Sunday (March 15-March 27 sailing) - all our flights are tomorrow and we can't get official confirmation from X that we are cancelled . .. 

Since FLL is a US port and March 15 is within 30 days from now, your cruise has been cancelled.  I suspect Celebrity may be a little busy today, but the press release was pretty clear.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cdresser said:

My sincere condolences to all who just had their cruises cancelled. I am not among those effected, but can only imagine your distress.

We're booked on the Eclipse's 30 March sailing out of San Diego and, honestly, at this point, I have a feeling more of relief than distress that the cruise has been cancelled.  At least we know where we're at now.

In any case, this would NOT have been a good time to travel, certainly not in a closed-off environment like a cruise ship.

Furthermore, the communities along the West Coast we were supposed to visit are all in the most stricken zone of the disease.  I'm sure the people in those places need to concentrate their energy and resources on beating the virus - not on having a few thousand additional people around.  We'll be back to visit these places and to enjoy cruising once all of this is over.

Edited by [g]cruiserke
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, az_tchr said:

I tried booking cabins on several cruises in the 30 day window. All showed no cabins available. Probably the easiest way to handle their "wonderful" website.  Who with Celebrity said your cruise is still sailing? Unless it is leaving today or is after the 30 day period it is cancelled. Got to take a bit of time to send out a couple hundred thousand emails.

Our cruise is outside the 30 day period - Apr 13th but when I go and try to book there are no rooms available for it as well.

1 minute ago, bdrmeister said:

Cancelled cruiser here....I wonder how it works when we purchased non-refundable airfare through a direct air carrier?

on your own. You will need to go via your insurance or hope the airline will refund or credit.

5 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Unless it is leaving today or is after the 30 day period it is cancelled. Got to take a bit of time to send out a couple hundred thousand emails.

In theory the Apex is still sailing - 28th, 30th March, 1st April etc. No news regarding this ship departing Southampton.

6 minutes ago, blubionda said:

We have called both TA and Captain's Club - at the time we actually got thru, both had not yet received any notification our cruise was cancelled - I get the press announcement, but I need confirmation from the people holding my money.

Then keep calling until you get someone who knows what is going on

46 minutes ago, Orator said:

100% disagree. You don't release a partial statement! That only creates more questions and confusion. We can see that happening here. You work out every detail and then release it. Their PR and Crisis Management teams need to be evaluated and perhaps changed.

Disagree in this case, you get it out ASAP because people are in their cars 🚘 r getting on planes for tomorrow.

• Like 5