Royal Caribbean suspends all cruising in US

Charles4515

8 minutes ago, flvol77 said:

Isn’t it March 13th?  Wouldn’t April 13th be 30 days? 

not trying to be a smart a just asking? 

as someone else said rookie mistake on the press release 

give dates, locations, and what they are offering.  

We have cruise booked for April 13 on Reflection.  I assumed it would sail unless suspension is extended.  Counting from 3/14 effective date of suspension, 30 days would end on 4/12.  However, a check on Celebrity's website displays "no rooms found for this request" which suggests to me it's cancelled. A cruise on 4/18 shows cabins from which to choose.

14 minutes ago, flvol77 said:

Isn’t it March 13th?  Wouldn’t April 13th be 30 days? 

not trying to be a smart a just asking? 

as someone else said rookie mistake on the press release 

give dates, locations, and what they are offering.  

No, because March has 31 days.  Goes into effect at midnight tonight so when you count on the calendar, 30 days takes you to Apr 12.  Wish they had of just said the date outright.

15 minutes ago, markeb said:

No. You spend the day writing multiple versions of the release based on the options your're considering. Complete with details. You release the one you approve, with details. AND you provide the same information to your agents at the same time...

While your writing that people are getting on planes and driving down I-95. Doesn’t make much sense

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I'm shocked they let her sail. Makes no sense when the same day you are announcing a 1 month cruise suspension.

It doesn't start until midnight tonight. That was clear in the press release.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I'm shocked they let her sail. Makes no sense when the same day you are announcing a 1 month cruise suspension.

Let’s just hope they have a good, C19 free cruise.  We’ll see if they can make it to all their islands.

• CCHelp changed the title to Royal Caribbean suspends all cruising in US

From my TA 

They have not sent anything to anyone yet.  I have people cruising this weekend that have only heard it from me.  They haven’t sent details to agents or guests yet.  As soon as I hear, I will let you know!

16 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Wouldn't be surprised if just ahead of Trump's press conference RCCI and CCL were contacted and told to shut down.  Most other lines already had and gov't doesn't want to deal with questions about cruise lines.  Left no time for detailed press release.

NCL announced about 30 minutes before Royal Caribbean and detailed the refund/FCC option in their release.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

While your writing that people are getting on planes and driving down I-95. Doesn’t make much sense

No. You anticipate and prepare. It would have been ready at the exact same time as what they released. With actual information. You were considering options, presumably, for at least the last 48-72 hours.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pauly said:

It doesn't start until midnight tonight. That was clear in the press release.

I was not unclear about what was in the press release. I'm stating my opinion in being shocked that they would choose to let the ship sail when they had the ability to stop it. They would've made these suspension decisions this morning so they could've halted boarding of Reflection at the same time.

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

I was not unclear about what was in the press release. I'm stating my opinion in being shocked that they would choose to let the ship sail when they had the ability to stop it. They would've made these suspension decisions this morning so they could've halted boarding of Reflection at the same time.

Why would they stop it? It is my understanding that all ships currently at sea will complete their entire itinerary. 

14 minutes ago, hasentreelake said:

I am a big supporter of -X- and have felt they are often attacked (on these boards) without warrant.
With that said, What they won't do....

We attempted to move our April 11 to May 2 - same itinerary same class of cabin (Aft S2).
They were not prepared to simply transfer to the new date.
Prevailing rates are $1400 PP higher for May 2 vs what we originally paid.  

This is the thing that’s going to make me mad. Transfer people to a similar cruise with what they had. Don’t try to charge me the new rates after all this. Just give me what I already paid for. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Perky1 said:

Let’s just hope they have a good, C19 free cruise.  We’ll see if they can make it to all their islands.

Yes, I wonder if they will be able to get into all their ports. So far there haven't been any Caribbean port closures but I did see a post from an MSC passenger earlier today (prior to suspension of their cruises) who had an upcoming cruise where Jamaica had been removed from their itinerary. More ports may follow.

19 minutes ago, markeb said:

No. You anticipate and prepare. It would have been ready at the exact same time as what they released. With actual information. You were considering options, presumably, for at least the last 48-72 hours.

Edited by dkjretired

33 minutes ago, blubionda said:

We have called both TA and Captain's Club - at the time we actually got thru, both had not yet received any notification our cruise was cancelled - I get the press announcement, but I need confirmation from the people holding my money.

You may not get that but some people who were cruising tom ( not sure which ship) have been informed they are cancelled.  I would not fly.  Hope you have SW Air or other refundable.

Painful for so many..we are unwinding our recently cancelled (by us ) cruise.  Many loose ends and credits to chase down...

At least when cruise line  cancels  they will handle it, refund it all and give future  OBC and maybe some trvl expenses .

5 minutes ago, markeb said:

Disagree, I try and deal with reality.

11 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

We have cruise booked for April 13 on Reflection.  I assumed it would sail unless suspension is extended.  Counting from 3/14 effective date of suspension, 30 days would end on 4/12.  However, a check on Celebrity's website displays "no rooms found for this request" which suggests to me it's cancelled. A cruise on 4/18 shows cabins from which to choose.

X has shut down their website for bookings.

We are on the April 13 Reflection Cruise also. Our cruise should be a go as the suspension is only through April 12.

I could not find ANY cruises on the X website that had availability. Once X has things finalized they will open the website again.

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

You may not get that but some people who were cruising tom ( not sure which ship) have been informed they are cancelled.  I would not fly.  Hope you have SW Air or other refundable.

Painful for so many..we are unwinding our recently cancelled (by us ) cruise.  Many loose ends and credits to chase down...

At least when cruise line  cancels  they will handle it, refund it all and give future  OBC and maybe some trvl expenses .

Thank you for your compassion - we have pulled the plug and trying to cancel flights for tomorrow now . ..  

20 minutes ago, Orator said:

To those who disagree: You provide an emergency contact number for precisely this type of situation so that Celebrity can reach out to you. If you give a phone number a real person might be on the other end to give you information and answer questions. This has happened once to me. Usually I give an email address and messages are sent until I indicate that I've received it. It's all about going the extra mile to let your customers know that you really care. 

Orator

I'm not sure if you saw my post, but I agree 100% with you.  You need to take time to make sure the release is accurate with as much information as possible to cut down on the number of calls and emails you will get as a result of what is happening. For people in their cars on the way to the port it won’t change their reality that their cruise is cancelled. 

A couple of points I made in my post was that the release had numerous rookie mistakes and that maybe someone got ahold of an early draft and accidentally hit send. 

Anytime a release is sent out out, there needs to be a Q&A that goes along with it anticipating as many possible questions that the release creates.

Never rush a Press Release!!!

2 minutes ago, blubionda said:

Thank you for your compassion - we have pulled the plug and trying to cancel flights for tomorrow now . ..  

Best of luck. I think this was inevitable. Pretty much everything is shut down, cancelled or suspended. Stay safe.

We are already in Puerto Rico supposed to sail tomorrow. My husband call and was told we are canceled but we were in a busy restaurant so have to call back. 

so far we have heard nothing from Celebrity officially.