Will Seabourn create a Fit To Sail form?

wesport

I am reading Celebrity's fit to sail form, and they include anyone with cancer in the form as being unfit to sail.  Currently I don't see a fit to sail form for Seabourn or Holland America. Celebrity included HIV, diabetes, cancer, lung disease, kidney , heart, or liver disease. Are these forms temporary, or permanent. Thoughts. 

2 hours ago, wesport said:

The form if for over 70.  So, my question is if you are 77, a cancer survivor in remission, should you just cancel your cruise.Does Seabourn even have this form. 

I think the cancer reference is for those undergoing treatment with suppressed immune systems.  

• Like 1

This is going to hurt the cruise lines because the vast majority of passengers who can afford to cruise on higher end lines and Have the money to spend are older. 70 isn’t elderly needing a doctors permission to travel. We were going to Hawaii for a land trip in April and our primary care advised not to travel..same thing they are saying to everyone right now. 

5 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It’s still only required of those 70 and over on the date of the cruise.   Those younger than 70 with those conditions are still not being excluded.

No: Anyone with those conditions will be denied boarding. Sort of a moot point since they ceased operationsfor 30 days.

"Boarding will be denied to any person with a severe, chronic medical condition, including those specified by the CDC. Guests of all ages will be screened prior to boarding, regarding underlying health issues that may prevent them from sailing."

Take care,

Mike

If you have approval from your doctor they won’t know of your existing conditions.   If you want to take a chance and your doctor approves it’s all on you.   Guess the cruise lines really got a rude awakening on the Diamond when they had to seek sources of all those required prescriptions.   Sounded like the ship was more of a long term care facility than a cruise ship.   Almost all of the desperately sick passengers were not healthy at the start of the cruise.   Hopefully this is a wake up call and those with those conditions delay travel until the pandemic has run it’s course.

When I took a flight from Panama to Colombia yesterday, I had to complete a form about where I had been and my health. How much more important is that when boarding a cruise ship to be confined in close proximity with  a few hundred people for days or weeks.

Incidentally, two hours after I landed in Colombia, the Government announced a ban on all foreigners (like me) commencing about twelve hours later.