How to use FCC from canceled cruise

travelingla

I cannot find the answer to my question and of course cannot get in touch with anyone at HAL -- been trying to 'chat' forever too.....

Received a FCC from HAL for having to cancel a cruise due to the 'virus'..... I have deposited a cruise already -- but no other payments. Can this FCC be applied to that cruise or will I have to cancel it and then rebook using my FCC as deposit and payment? It's enough to pay for the entire thing.

Thanks for any help if anyone really knows the answer to this.

I

Just now, travelingla said:

I cannot find the answer to my question and of course cannot get in touch with anyone at HAL -- been trying to 'chat' forever too.....

Received a FCC from HAL for having to cancel a cruise due to the 'virus'..... I have deposited a cruise already -- but no other payments. Can this FCC be applied to that cruise or will I have to cancel it and then rebook using my FCC as deposit and payment? It's enough to pay for the entire thing.

Thanks for any help if anyone really knows the answer to this.

I was told by a HAL representative that it had to be a new booking.

1 hour ago, travelingla said:

ok - thanks -- then I will be better off canceling this one.

If you have a decent cruise agent/agency you can just e-mail or call them and ask if they can get it applied to your current booking without having to go through the extra steps of cancel-rebook.  Decent cruise agents can usually handle this kind of thing without too much problem.   If you booked direct with HAL, and can get through to them on the phone, you might be able to work it out.  

Hank

Well, this is interesting. I cancelled our April 1st Veendam cruise this morning and was told I can use the FCC on our existing Veendam Dec. 13th cruise. I don't have to use it on a new booking. She said I would receive an email in about two weeks that will tell me what to do regarding the FCC. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Guess I'll wait to see what the email says. She said we could use the FCC to upgrade from our existing Lanai to a Neptune Suite. We had a Neptune Suite booked on the April 1st cruise.

Edited by Djptcp
Corrected misspelling.

We canceled Veendam for Baltic in May. Our travel agent said our FCC is $10,000 or so and we had cancelled a $13,000 cruise. Does this sound right?

hence, we could take a $20,000 cruise and pay $10,000?
thanks.

we live outside USA.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't sound quite right.  It is to be 125% of the base fare you paid (not including port fees).  That should be your FCC.  10k doesn't sound right because that makes your port charges about 5k. Port charges and taxes have to be refunded.

On 3/14/2020 at 7:43 AM, Scribewhw said:

We canceled Veendam for Baltic in May. Our travel agent said our FCC is $10,000 or so and we had cancelled a $13,000 cruise. Does this sound right?

thanks.

we live outside USA.

If $10,000 is your FCC, then your fare would have been $8000, right? (8000 x 1.25 = 10k) As I understand it, you can't use the FCC for your deposit, but if you're considering a $20,000 cruise, you certainly won't have any trouble using all of your $10,000 FCC. You'll still owe the deposit, port taxes and fees, and the remaining difference in fare, but you'll get your canceled cruise's port taxes and fees refunded.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:17 PM, travelingla said:

Can this FCC be applied to that cruise or will I have to cancel it and then rebook using my FCC as deposit and payment? 

Your Future Cruise Credit cannot be used as a booking deposit. 

I've just experienced this, sort of.....

• I was unable to use my FCC (cancelled cruise) to cover the deposit of a new cruise
  • I've been told by TA that I am able to use the FCC for a previously booked unpaid cruise (final payment is late May) but I must wait to receive an email from HAL with my FCC (told I will get that in "4 or 5 weeks or sooner")

On 3/14/2020 at 4:43 AM, Scribewhw said:

thanks.

we live outside USA.

Does the $13,000 include Flight Ease, shorex, hotels, anything extra like that?

• 2 months later...

hello, our cruise in March 2020 was cancelled and we were told a FCC would be issued once we receive a letter from HA stating this. We still haven't received that letter from HA and HA keeps telling us they're busy and to be patient. We are in Canada. Has anyone else received this mysterious letter?! 

2 hours ago, Sheelaghgirl said:

hello, our cruise in March 2020 was cancelled and we were told a FCC would be issued once we receive a letter from HA stating this. We still haven't received that letter from HA and HA keeps telling us they're busy and to be patient. We are in Canada. Has anyone else received this mysterious letter?! 

I have received four FCCs since this all started. I did not receive any communication from HAL on any of them when the FCC was issued. My travel agent informed me about the first one, only after I called and asked her to look in HAL's Polar system. The last three showed up when I viewed the new feature on the HAL web site where you can see FCCs and FCDs. after signing in the site.

2 hours ago, Sheelaghgirl said:

From Canada, March 15 cruise:  we never received the email but can see the FCC on our HAL account online.  Lots have received the email, lots haven't.  Take a look at your HAL account and see if it has been recorded.

3 hours ago, Sheelaghgirl said:

Do you have a travel agent or PCC (Personal Cruise Consultant) at HAL?  I don't remember if we got an email notifying us, or if our PCC let us know, but ours for our early April cruise came in less than 60 days.  We had a cruise ready to add it to and our PCC took care of everything.

3 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Do you have a travel agent or PCC (Personal Cruise Consultant) at HAL?  I don't remember if we got an email notifying us, or if our PCC let us know, but ours for our early April cruise came in less than 60 days.  We had a cruise ready to add it to and our PCC took care of everything.

I did receive an email on 5/7 and our PCC applied it to an existing reservation within a couple of days.

• Like 1

I logged into my account Thursday on HAL and found on the new feature that we had received our FCC from our cancelled cruise that would have left today from Amsterdam.  My TA told me that I would get an email from HAL about the FCC but that didn't happen.  Maybe it is because they have then new feature and expect us to look for the FCC  there.

Anyway, I emailed my TA about it yesterday.  Today she applied it to to an existing booking in July 2021.   It wasn't large...we had not made final payment and took the option for 125% of deposit plus the $250 pp OBC.  It took some off of our fare and the extra OBC will be great.  One cruise down...next will probably have to wait until September before our other comes through.  

21 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

From Canada, March 15 cruise:  we never received the email but can see the FCC on our HAL account online.  Lots have received the email, lots haven't.  Take a look at your HAL account and see if it has been recorded.

Thank you very much for your response! We spoke with HA again this morning and they once again asked for our patience as they work through the cancellations, etc. We did learn that they are just finishing cancellations from Jan/Feb. We were cancelled in March so hopefully within the next 6 weeks we'll see something in the FCC are on our account.

• Like 1

I had two cancelled Holland American cruises so two different FCCs.  I was told by my TA I could use them up on one cruise or split them up -- that they were like a "bank" of cruise credit.  I decided to use both for a nicer suite next spring. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any experience yet applying one FCC from a cancelled cruise to two cruises? Is HA requiring you to use all of your FCC for one cruise or can you apply some FCC to one cruise and “bank” the remaining FCC for a later cruise that you haven’t booked yet? When cruising opens back up, I am sure many would rather take a shorter cruise closer to home which could cost significantly less than their FCC on file.