Did Allure actually Dry Dock today March 13, 2020 ?

1 hour ago, zonacruiser25 said:

I wonder if they have the workers to do the job

It is common for them to house quite few contractors onboard the ship.  If they pre-screen them they should be able to keep the work force isolated.  

Not getting fully amped now

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/cadiz/Royal-Caribbean-Allure-seas-Cadiz-reforma-coronavirus_0_1445855745.html

And the Google Translate version

Royal Caribbean has decided to reduce the scope of the remodeling of the 'Allure of the Seas' at the Navantia Cádiz shipyard. The shipping company has postponed the renovation of the cabins and the intervention will be limited to the propulsion elements and the hull, according to sources from the shipyard.

The 'Allure of the Seas' plans to arrive this Sunday at Cádiz from Barcelona to start the beaching. With this reprogramming, the stay of the cruise ship in the Cádiz shipyard will be significantly reduced. On the other hand, the repair of the frigate 'Navarra' remains paralyzed waiting to know the results of the coronavirus test to the military man who was isolated this Thursday after noticing discomfort shortly after joining the guard. The personnel on board the ship were immediately evacuated and the work suspended.

For their part, the personnel on board the 'Carnival Victory' are waiting for Foreign Health to give them permission to disembark this Saturday after the permits were delayed when a crew member presented a cold box. The staff is also waiting to be able to land the containers with the debris from the demolitions carried out on board along the Atlantic crossing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cloud_nine said:

Well I'm hoping that means the Champagne Bar will stay! Though I was looking forward to El Loco Fresh.

That would be awesome,  no one needs robots.   RCCL are you listening.  They are a cheesy epic fail and not at all what cruising is about with friendly welcoming bartenders whom  you can interact with. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SConnolly said:

That would be awesome,  no one needs robots.   RCCL are you listening.  They are a cheesy epic fail and not at all what cruising is about with friendly welcoming bartenders whom  you can interact with. 

Not that I enjoy the robot but it’s one bar out of 20+ bars on the ship.  Losing that bar and putting in the robot that appeals to an entirely different demographic isn’t going to make that much of a difference to the majority of cruisers as it’s easy enough to find a different bar that has  a friendly welcoming bartender. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not that I enjoy the robot but it’s one bar out of 20+ bars on the ship.  Losing that bar and putting in the robot that appeals to an entirely different demographic isn’t going to make that much of a difference to the majority of cruisers as it’s easy enough to find a different bar that has  a friendly welcoming bartender. 

If someone really wants a robot bartender there are other ships that have it. I vote to leave Allure alone and make it different from the others for the sake of variety. The Campaign Bar is a great place to chill. Besides, the robot bartender is fun to use only once, if that, and you can't shoot the breeze with it. Dumb idea on the whole.

1 hour ago, SConnolly said:

Get use to it, few yrs from now all Bartenders will be gone, self serve. Even saw couple articles about shipboard bars going that way. Grocery stores doing away with Cashiers, greeters. My Banks done away with Drive threw, only money machines. Charge you $5 talk to someone on the phone... Nothing new, been coming long time I remember when waiters were everywhere, now have get own drinks at pool. Room Attendant had 8 rooms max, clean it 8 times a day. Last Cruise he had 18 rooms. Everything automated, doing away with highest cost, manpower///

Edited by ONECRUISER

42 minutes ago, irzero said:

Well if this ship isnt getting amped up then im cancelling the cruise. No way am i spending 2 weeks on that old boring worn out vessel. Not for the money they were charging

Old boring worn ship? This is just stupid. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

We are booked on the Allure 5/30/2021 since cancelling tomorrows 3/15/2020 cruise on Oasis.  I was just trying to keep up with the Amplification because I don't want to stay booked on it if it does not receive the amp. at all. (I've got a 10 year old and the slides are where it's at-apparently).   If there is a roll call can someone point me in the right direction please, I can't find it.

• Like 1

Last time Allure was in Spain she was only five years old. I just sailed in December and the ship is still in fabulous condition. Not shiny new but few of them still are. IMHO. Also hoping the return TA isn’t cancelled even if she isn’t amped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gghadden said:

We are booked on the Allure 5/30/2021 since cancelling tomorrows 3/15/2020 cruise on Oasis.  I was just trying to keep up with the Amplification because I don't want to stay booked on it if it does not receive the amp. at all. (I've got a 10 year old and the slides are where it's at-apparently).   If there is a roll call can someone point me in the right direction please, I can't find it.

Agreed. They put a big focus on amplification. Leaving some ships out makes them less desirable and less marketable. 

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

We love the Allure as she is and are/were excited to sail her on the November TA....if she's still in the state she's in now we'll be more than pleased. We sailed her in January and she was clean and not in disarray...we're just hoping our cruise doesn't end up getting canceled like so many others.

But not for the high price we paid for a not amplified ship that she might be !!!!

Edited by HSVcruiser01
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, HSVcruiser01 said:

But not for the high price we paid for a not amplified ship that she might be !!!!

exactly this.

I understand there is a crisis as the moment but if they are cancelling the amplification and had sold the European season as having all the upgrades (and yes they matter to families as a lot of the upgrades are for us with kids) and priced it as such then it’s really not on that they cancel it and don’t do anything about the pricing.

US customers might be able to keep getting the cruise repriced but other countries do not have this luxury afforded to them so we are all stuck having paid the very high prices they charged when we originally booked.  

They must make a decision and tell everyone in plenty of time before the first sailing. 

giving us FCC is an option but shouldn’t be the only option and complete refunds should be allowed.  

• Like 3

According to the linked article below (Google translated), it's on it's way back to a port called Hampton in the USA? Would that be referring to Newport News? Wonder if that means the Mediterranean season is off?

https://andaluciainformacion.es/cadiz/885136/el-allure-of-the-seas-cancela-su-reparacion-en-el-astillero-de-cadiz/

The cruise ship 'Allure of the seas', which was due to arrive today at the Navantia shipyard in Cádiz, is heading today to the port of Hampton in the United States after suspending its planned repair in this factory.

Union sources have confirmed to Efe the cancellation of this contract for this Royal Caribbean company ship, which was to join the reform that began to run last week in Puerto Real (Cádiz) of the Carnival Victory.

The arrival of the Carnival already caused problems because a possible case of coronavirus was detected, which, although it turned out to be negative, forced to keep a quarantine that has prevented the start of work.

The Navantia committees await the official communication from the company at this time to decide whether or not to close the Spanish public shipyards in the coming days, as a preventive measure against the advance of the coronavirus. 

26 minutes ago, P_and_L said:

According to the linked article below (Google translated), it's on it's way back to a port called Hampton in the USA? Would that be referring to Newport News? Wonder if that means the Mediterranean season is of

I read that to be Southampton in the UK.

But having just checked marinetraffic.com she departed Barcelona today (15th March) and it looks like she is now heading to Gibraltar and is scheduled to arrive there on 19th March (very slow sailing).