Cruise Critic Community
gghadden

Did Allure actually Dry Dock today March 13, 2020 ?

So according to a certain blog RCI confirmend on Twitter (as an answer) that both amplifications, Explorer of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, are put on a hold.

steamboats

21 minutes ago, steamboats said:

So according to a certain blog RCI confirmend on Twitter (as an answer) that both amplifications, Explorer of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, are put on a hold.

steamboats

I just posted that on the comment before yours!  We must've read the same thing.  It certainly doesn't sound like they intend to do the full refit even if they do get Allure into dry dock this year at some point.   So here's my conundrum.  Do I reschedule?  I booked Allure specifically because I wanted to experience the ship after amplification.  This cruise date wasn't the most convenient for me - but it was the itinerary I liked and was post-modification.  If they're not going to offer the amplification now, I'm thinking I might move to another ship and sail date.   I know Allure is wonderful as-is, but that's not the point.  We have our grandson, and we really wanted him to be able to use the new slides and new Adventure Ocean area.  We booked this cruise in February or March of last year.   So now the cabin choices are pretty picked over for the November sailings (we need to go in October or November) on the Western Caribbean itinerary with Coco Kay.   I'm trying to decide if I just wait this out a little bit and see what they decide to do (maybe they will do some but not all of the modifications?)....  and if they don't, maybe they'll offer some OBC since the product isn't what we were promised (using that word loosely for lack of a better one).  

It will be interesting to see if the planned Liberty and Adventure 'Amplifications' will still go through. I would imagine not, as they will not need the capacity of the extra cabins for a while to come.