Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

6 hours ago, dog said:

I am a little confused here? Did you opt for double OBC or double FCC?
if it is OBC it can be used for excursions etc while FCC can not, right?  Or did use of FCC change?

My fault, bad typing.

We opted for the double FCC.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

My fault, bad typing.

We opted for the double FCC.

We opted for the same for our cancelled July cruise.  We haven't seen it yet either.  I'm not that worried about it really.  I, like you, called to make sure they knew that's what we wanted and to rebook the same trip next summer at the same time.  I have a hold on a December cruise with an extended hold (until August) waiting on the FCC's to post.  

5 minutes ago, phred119s said:

We opted for the same for our cancelled July cruise.  We haven't seen it yet either.  I'm not that worried about it really.  I, like you, called to make sure they knew that's what we wanted and to rebook the same trip next summer at the same time.  I have a hold on a December cruise with an extended hold (until August) waiting on the FCC's to post.  

We also have a December cruise, but I requested that when the FCCs are issued that they not be applied to that cruise.

Reason is that I expect Princess to cancel that cruise and I do not want to have to wait another three months to see the FCCs again.

50 minutes ago, caribill said:

We also have a December cruise, but I requested that when the FCCs are issued that they not be applied to that cruise.

Reason is that I expect Princess to cancel that cruise and I do not want to have to wait another three months to see the FCCs again.

I feel you! Our replacement cruise for this year is set to primary for funds then I’ll worry with what’s left over for December. 

Not sure if one can request that. Mine automatically was applied to a cruise I had on hold that should have expired.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Not sure if one can request that. Mine automatically was applied to a cruise I had on hold that should have expired.

The cruise I have for December is not a hold, but one I do have a deposit down for.

Whether nor not my request for the FCCs to stay as FCCs instead of automatically being applied to the December cruise is a toss up.

The cruise I have for December is not a hold, but one I do have a deposit down for.

Whether nor not my request for the FCCs to stay as FCCs instead of automatically being applied to the December cruise is a toss up.

After speaking with my agent - they are randomly applying them.

My cruise I have on hold, still doesn't have a deposit. Princess extended the deposit 3 months. It is not like they decided to use my FCC as a deposit, it still is "on hold". I really wish Princess hadn't done this but not enough to call my agent and have her cancel the hold.

Oddly, I do have a cruise with a deposit in December and they ignored that booking. Maybe they know something I don't know. You maybe in luck.

27 minutes ago, Ralph1212 said:

Good news 

6/6 Alaska Cruise from Vancouver 

cancelled by us on 4/4

full refunds FINALLY 7/2

lots of stress now taken off our backs.

i hope everyone gets their refunds soon. 

Congrats! I understand the stress off your back. 

Finally received something from Princess after 115 days. It was not what we expected (A$37K) but a start (A$11K). It was paid by cheque drawn on an Australian bank by Carnival Australia on 2 July and not credited to our bank account as originally advised.

The amount refunded is the amount expected if Princess withhold a 75% cancellation fee at the time that our incompetent Princess cruise holiday planner cancelled the booking (13 March). We did ask for the cancellation on 9 March as the 75% cancellation fee kicked in on 10 March and he assured us that it was being backdated. On 31 March we did fill out the online form to request a full cash refund (Option 2) on our cruise holiday planner's instructions after Princess formally cancelled our cruise and that was automatically acknowledged. In a call to Princess last week it was acknowledged that we asked for the full cash refund.

So not sure where we stand but definitely don't want any FCCs. We are both in our 70s and whilst we would like to cruise again we want to see how the cruise industry reacts in the future and would like the time to consider future travel plans.

So we will continue to be patient but it looks like we are in the land of Princess frustration for a while longer, but maybe resolution next week - ever hopeful

Edited by Jandaville
additional info
  • Like 1

I know some on here (like me) disputed with credit cards after getting no joy from Princess and some of those that did have since received refunds from Princess. Just wondering what process (if any) you followed? I filed a dispute at day 75 and now have temp credits on my cards for the full amount paid to Princess. I have only contacted Princess once since filing the dispute and was told that my refund was processed on June 23rd. I still haven't seen that. I'm now wondering if I even need to worry about it anymore. I don't intend to contact them again, but assume that either the temp credits becomes permanent or Princess pays up and the credits disappear? Anyone out there have anything different?

5 hours ago, Jandaville said:

The amount refunded is the amount expected if Princess withhold a 75% cancellation fee at the time that our incompetent Princess cruise holiday planner cancelled the booking (13 March). We did ask for the cancellation on 9 March as the 75% cancellation fee kicked in on 10 March and he assured us that it was being backdated.

So not sure where we stand but definitely don't want any FCCs. We are both in our 70s and whilst we would like to cruise again we want to see how the cruise industry reacts in the future and would like the time to consider future travel plans.

Tricky times that 1 cancellaton period, but I am not sure what you are saying.

You cancelled on the 9th  when cancellation fees would be 50% ?

Cruise planner actually cancelled on  13th  which was the date Princess cancelled in 1st phase?  when you could  maybe have had  a full cash refund.

However you asked for it to be backdated to 9th   which they did  and that would mean you would have got 50% cash  only.

They then introduced a "compassionate" refund  stage which  would have given  50% cash plus 50%   as FCC.    If it was  not rolled back you would have got  25% cash & 75% FCC which it looks like you have got.

Maybe try and contact others on your cruise and see what they got if they didnt cancel early and what they were offered  when  pause 1 kicked in.

Also check again with Princess as the rep on the phone may not be aware the full details of your case and may only be going off  what would happen in a normal   phase 1 cancellation when Princess cancelled first.

Edited by Aulanis

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

You cancelled on the 9th  when cancellation fees would be 50% ?

Cruise planner actually cancelled on  13th  which was the date Princess cancelled in 1st phase?  when you could  maybe have had  a full cash refund.

However you asked for it to be backdated to 9th   which they did  and that would mean you would have got 50% cash  only.

They then introduced a "compassionate" refund  stage which  would have given  50% cash plus 50%   as FCC.    If it was  not rolled back you would have got  25% cash & 75% FCC which it looks like you have got.

Maybe try and contact others on your cruise and see what they got if they didnt cancel early and what they were offered  when  pause 1 kicked in.

Also check again with Princess as the rep on the phone may not be aware the full details of your case and may only be going off  what would happen in a normal   phase 1 cancellation when Princess cancelled first.

I cancelled March 6th which was the last day at 75% cancellation rate. Princess cancelled March 12th.  They said they would go back and offer a 100% refund for anyone who cancelled February 4th and on. This was for cruises from March 12th and the next 60 days. I know this is for the US and I assume elsewhere.

It is possible that you will receive several refunds (one for cruise, one for excursions, etc...) It is probably best to call Princess and ask where everything stands.

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

You cancelled on the 9th  when cancellation fees would be 50% ? YES

Cruise planner actually cancelled on  13th  which was the date Princess cancelled in 1st phase?  when you could  maybe have had  a full cash refund. CORRECT

On 12 March Princess issued the 60 Day Pause which ran to the day before our 12May cruise was due to start

60 Day Pause.pdf

Then on 31 March they officially cancelled our 12 May cruise and offered the full refund which the CHP said we would be entitled to after we filled out their website form and selected option 2.

Unfortunately trying to contact anyone at Princess who can help is very difficult but will persist.

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I know some on here (like me) disputed with credit cards after getting no joy from Princess and some of those that did have since received refunds from Princess. Just wondering what process (if any) you followed? I filed a dispute at day 75 and now have temp credits on my cards for the full amount paid to Princess. I have only contacted Princess once since filing the dispute and was told that my refund was processed on June 23rd. I still haven't seen that. I'm now wondering if I even need to worry about it anymore. I don't intend to contact them again, but assume that either the temp credits becomes permanent or Princess pays up and the credits disappear? Anyone out there have anything different?

my experience with filing dispute with credit cards is to let them resolve it check your account online and it should show dispute status if not call credit card company. 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

It will depend on the credit card what the process is. The credit card people give you the temp credit and then attempt to pull the funds back from princess. They have a certain number of days (I think mine is 3  billing cycles) to respond after which the credit becomes permanent. OR princess can respond that its an invalid claim (hard to do unless they can show their own credit). In that case you show your evidence, princess show theirs and the credit cards dispute process determines the winner.

If princess eventually refund then usually the credit card people will notice and remove the credit - or you can simply email them. Keeping both would be fraud no matter how nice it is to double dip.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, andydunn said:

It will depend on the credit card what the process is. The credit card people give you the temp credit and then attempt to pull the funds back from princess. They have a certain number of days (I think mine is 3  billing cycles) to respond after which the credit becomes permanent. OR princess can respond that its an invalid claim (hard to do unless they can show their own credit). In that case you show your evidence, princess show theirs and the credit cards dispute process determines the winner.

If princess eventually refund then usually the credit card people will notice and remove the credit - or you can simply email them. Keeping both would be fraud no matter how nice it is to double dip.

I am still waiting for Citi to refund my Princess refund. They are still verifying???????????

1 minute ago, SunLakesBob said:

I am still waiting for Citi to refund my Princess refund. They are still verifying???????????

Strange, all the credit cards I've ever done a dispute with have given a temporary credit almost immediately with the warning that they will claw it back if the dispute isn't found in your favor. 

Maybe Citi is different...  you'll have to find their T&C for that card to see the full process. 

11 hours ago, Jandaville said:

Finally received something from Princess after 115 days. It was not what we expected (A$37K) but a start (A$11K). It was paid by cheque drawn on an Australian bank by Carnival Australia on 2 July and not credited to our bank account as originally advised.

The amount refunded is the amount expected if Princess withhold a 75% cancellation fee at the time that our incompetent Princess cruise holiday planner cancelled the booking (13 March). We did ask for the cancellation on 9 March as the 75% cancellation fee kicked in on 10 March and he assured us that it was being backdated. On 31 March we did fill out the online form to request a full cash refund (Option 2) on our cruise holiday planner's instructions after Princess formally cancelled our cruise and that was automatically acknowledged. In a call to Princess last week it was acknowledged that we asked for the full cash refund.

So we will continue to be patient but it looks like we are in the land of Princess frustration for a while longer, but maybe resolution next week - ever hopeful

We cancelled an April cruise on March 11 - the day before Princess cancelled. At that time, the cancellation fee (50%) was applied to a future cruise per a Princess offer. We subsequently requested Option 2 and when the refund was finally processed (June 18), it did not include the 50% which had been previously applied as FCC. (The 25% FCC for Option 2 had already been added to our account.) So, TA called and was told that Princess would correct the error and we should receive the refund in 7-14 days because "they are all caught up on the refunds." Coming up on day 14 this week. You might want to call and see if they same thing happened on your account.

15 minutes ago, andydunn said:

Strange, all the credit cards I've ever done a dispute with have given a temporary credit almost immediately with the warning that they will claw it back if the dispute isn't found in your favor. 

Maybe Citi is different...  you'll have to find their T&C for that card to see the full process. 

This is not a dispute. It is the cash from the Princess refund that I requested be sent to me.

7 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

This is not a dispute. It is the cash from the Princess refund that I requested be sent to me.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I was replying to a post about people who did credit card disputes. Nobody has any clue what is happening at princess... 166 pages of forums posts are testament to that 😉

Which is why myself and many others did a dispute after the original 90 day promise was broken and already have our money back through the other process. This is one of the great things about credit cards so why not use those benefits.

33 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

My partial refund took about a week for the bank to fully credit.  It appeared 3 days after Princess said they sent it, disappeared the next day, reappeared two days later.

2 hours ago, andydunn said:

Lol - if I'm ever fortunate enough to find myself in that situation, do you think Princess would find it acceptable for me to say I will repay them in 90 days?

• Like 1