Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I think they forgot to tell the people answering the phone this. When calling this week about my refund, I mentioned the FCC and she said there are a lot of people still waiting for FCC from Pause 1 and "to wait". There was no escalation on this.

I agree.  It's almost as if they put a "pause" on FCCs.  It's good that there are more people reporting refunds lately but it is really odd that those of us with FCCs coming haven't seen evidence of any action take on these.  We are still waiting for the rest of our refund + FCCs from a pause 1 cruise that we cancelled two days before Princess cancelled it.  And our friends were supposed to be on the same cruise with us but waited until Princess cancelled it and elected Option 1.  According to the Princess TA webinars, that was the group that should have already been processed but they have nothing.  They finally called Princess about it this week and were told that their election was noted in the system and that they would get an email when their FCCs have been processed.  And to be patient.... 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Coral said:

I think they forgot to tell the people answering the phone this. When calling this week about my refund, I mentioned the FCC and she said there are a lot of people still waiting for FCC from Pause 1 and "to wait". There was no escalation on this.

The inconsistency is what is most frustrating. At least if everyone was on the same page and giving the same info, there would be more trust. As it is, every person I speak to says something different and I'm at the point where I believe nothing. I would have continued to wait had the same, consistent message been given from the outset but no one actually seems to know anything for sure!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bernes said:

The thing I'm having a little trouble understanding is why cruise lines continue booking cruises that are 50/50 to go

Hi and welcome to cruise critic.

Whilst your post is not totally out of place here I am thinking you would

get more response if you posted in the Seabourn section,

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/79-seabourn-cruise-line/

there is a refund thread in there.

This thread is in the Princess cruises section.

40 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

The inconsistency is what is most frustrating. At least if everyone was on the same page and giving the same info, there would be more trust. As it is, every person I speak to says something different and I'm at the point where I believe nothing. I would have continued to wait had the same, consistent message been given from the outset but no one actually seems to know anything for sure!

I am not sure if I will do business with Princess in the future. Maybe they will win my loyalty back but right now, looking at other lines. I don't know if they realize how poorly this has been handled is affecting their clients view of Princess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I am not sure if I will do business with Princess in the future. Maybe they will win my loyalty back but right now, looking at other lines. I don't know if they realize how poorly this has been handled is affecting their clients view of Princess.

huh, many have posted that Princess reads these threads … maybe try posting on Fakebook ??

4 hours ago, bernes said:

The thing I'm having a little trouble understanding is why cruise lines continue booking cruises that are 50/50 to go.

Because if they cancelled and the cruise was a "go," the people originally booked will be upset and there would be threads asking why did they cancel my cruise and then reinstate it after I made other vacation plans?

Depending how close to sailing the cruise would be reinstated, it is likely that the ship could be sparsely occupied as only last minute planners might book it. And last minute air fares would be high for people who did not live near the port.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, voljeep said:

huh, many have posted that Princess reads these threads … maybe try posting on Fakebook ??

If Princess pays any attention on this thread or Facebook and acts accordingly then there won't be too many complaints about them on here or Facebook.

Princess gave out too many excuses such as too much works and would take up 60 days for any kind of refund, please be patience with them etc.  When their agent told me it would take 10 to 15 days to receive my FULL FARE refund on the cruise I cancelled on March 23, after 30 days I asked Princess on FB they had enough nerve to tell me I would get it back on May 23 (60days) and guess what I still did not receive it back yet.  I asked again on FB this time they did not bother to answer.  Facebook or here Princess will tell the same excuses to hold on the money and has no intention to return.  VERY BAD.

Edited by ChattTenn
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

FCC processing schedule.jpg

Proves my point that you can not trust or believe what they say - I am Pause 1. My survey was submitted March 12th. Confirmation was received. It's now May 31st and I still have no FCC. I ALSO have a cancelled sailing in pause 2 (thankfully only a deposit). The sailing is in August - I don't anticipate seeing that refunded until after the sail date. 

I finally got a refund for our May 5th cruise. I cancelled on March 9th. I was told it would take about 10 days to get the refund. Since Princess cancelled a bunch of cruises a few days later, it took until May 24th to get the refund. So they are processing them. It's just going to take a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bernes said:

The thing I'm having a little trouble understanding is why cruise lines continue booking cruises that are 50/50 to go. If they cancel, they just increase their backlog and basically piss off their clients. For an example I had a Seabourn cruise booked for May. It was cancelled in March and I got a letter saying, if I chose so, I would receive my refund within 60 days. It is now day 66 since I received that letter and I can't even get an answer from the cruise line about the status of my refund. I am upset with Seabourn I am no longer sympathetic to their problems. In the interim, they pushed back their cruise cancellations 3 times thus creating more of a backlog to refund cash or credit FCC. What's the point? Wouldn't it be better to, for now, to direct most staff to reducing the backlog and start booking for cruises they are over 90% sure will go?  I think it would certainly help them more going forward to have a somewhat  placated clientele then just a bunch of passengers upset with the foot dragging. Where is the management? Hire more temporary staff or outside sources to get the refunds out.  You have to want to get the job done. I think alot of these cruise lines don't. They are trusting on people's complacency. We'll see when the crises has passed.

I can't understand why people who have waited 60 days for a refund of any kind have not filled a dispute with their credit company.  If you have all your documentation, Princess has not got a leg to stand on.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dag144 said:

I can't understand why people who have waited 60 days for a refund of any kind have not filled a dispute with their credit company.  If you have all your documentation, Princess has not got a leg to stand on.

I filed a dispute around the 70 day mark. I held out in the hope that Princess would come through and do what they promised.

42 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I filed a dispute around the 70 day mark. I held out in the hope that Princess would come through and do what they promised.

And I got my refund from Princess  on Day 70 without filing a credit card dispute or even contacting Princess  so there is a mixed bag of experiences.

for the record, I did NOT use a TA...booked on my own with Princess and had EZ air and transfers...all refunded.

Still missing the extra FCC but if they have a time limit, who knows when we will be able to cruise again comfortably.

• Like 1

Clearly Princess doesnt give a rats about their customers or their reputation or their future.  If any of their senior management are reading these comments and letting the situation continue they should be ashamed of themselves.  I will be one of many who will never have anything to do with them ever again.  I only wish I had paid them direct so I could put a card dispute in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stellacruises said:

Clearly Princess doesnt give a rats about their customers or their reputation or their future.  If any of their senior management are reading these comments and letting the situation continue they should be ashamed of themselves.  I will be one of many who will never have anything to do with them ever again.  I only wish I had paid them direct so I could put a card dispute in.

In the USA when you use a reputable travel agent, when you give your credit card number to the TA, the TA uses it to pay Princess on the Princess TA web site so that the charge is treated as a direct charge to Princess.

Does it work differently in Australia?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stellacruises said:

Yes.  Unfortunately it does.  The charge shows up under the TA name not Princess.  I will not make that mistake again with any cruise line.

It doesn't matter. As fellow Australian I asked my bank about charge back for a cruise deposit that I paid direct to Princess and whilst Princess are still offering a refund they will not do anything. I have called their customer support line who say that it is all being handled in the USA and they know nothing (remember Manuel from "Fawlty Towers'). I have also sent a letter to Carnival Australia regarding refunds without receiving a response. So I have to agree that Princess are an exemplary company in how not to treat customers.

We are Princess Elite passengers and have had some great cruising experiences. We had 3 cruises booked with Princess for 2020 - 2 have been cancelled (awaiting refunds for full payment and a deposit) and 1 will be cancelled (deposit only paid). BUT we live in hope!

5 hours ago, stellacruises said:

I agree with you, but I have the same issue with Celebrity as well as Princess and I read on other boards that Cunard, HAL and others are the same. It appears Princess are no different to any of the others and I wouldn't be surprised if they all put their heads together on delaying refunds and continuing to take money for cruises that will not happen. I have over 31k out there in refund land and I can also add Hawaiian Air, and a number of major hotel chains to the list. Seems like all of them don't give a stuff.

I had booked a 2 day tour of St Petersburg myself and that was refunded within 2 days. 

We canceled FCD (one each) that we knew we would never use.  We did this on March 20.  It is now June 1.  We have not contacted our cc company because Princess does NOT give you an email that you canceled it 😞  If we call them they can see it is cancelled and the date but the only thing I can show the cc is that I purchased it.  I guess we have to wait 😞

Our July 1 cruise, which we had FCD for deposits and had paid $$ for excursions, was cancelled by Princess.  Doesn't look like they have made it that far in refunding.

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

We have not contacted our cc company because Princess does NOT give you an email that you canceled it 😞 

We disputed charges for shore excursions that we cancelled. Princess provides no documentation when you cancel shore ex. The dispute was resolved in our favor in nine days.

17 hours ago, coopco said:

I finally got a refund for our May 5th cruise. I cancelled on March 9th. I was told it would take about 10 days to get the refund. Since Princess cancelled a bunch of cruises a few days later, it took until May 24th to get the refund. So they are processing them. It's just going to take a while.

Yup, it appears they are making some progress with the refunds.

• Like 1

Update on our friends who were supposed to be on the May 9th Baltic cruise with us.  Their 150% option 1 FCCs posted today.  No refunds for them yet and we are still waiting for the rest of our refund + "goodwill" FCCs.  I've read on FB that FCCs for others posted today so the pause 1 work keeps slogging along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1