Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

33 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Update on our friends who were supposed to be on the May 9th Baltic cruise with us.  Their 150% option 1 FCCs posted today.  No refunds for them yet and we are still waiting for the rest of our refund + "goodwill" FCCs.  I've read on FB that FCCs for others posted today so the pause 1 work keeps slogging along.

Wow - mine is posted! It expires on 5/01/22.

It wasn't there yesterday.

@ceilidh1 - check your account!

Edited by Coral
  • Like 4

Yay for Coral  !!  You’re the first of a select few people I’ve been watching for ANY sort of return.  Nancy will be thrilled to hear 👍🏻😁

Still nada for us; no credits no refund. Canx March 16 for May 19 cruise < sigh > 😔 

Edited by cherylandtk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Yay for Coral  !!  You’re the first of a select few people I’ve been watching for ANY sort of return.  Nancy will be thrilled to hear. 👍🏻😁

I just emailed her!

• Like 3

Got FCC for our May 9th cruise today. Previously got FCC for April 11th cruise.  Still no refund for either cruise.

As I have said before, I could not care less about FCC's at this point.  We want our money!

1 minute ago, LDVinNC said:

As I have said before, I could not care less about FCC's at this point.  We want our money!

I completely agree. I see this as progress that my booking hasn't been lost in the cloud somewhere. Someone actually touched my account! My FCC was 25%.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cruise: Scheduled for March 21

I cancelled by phone: March 8, a few days prior to Princess cancelling the sailing

Email confirmation of my selection of Option 2: (compensation receipt): March 12

Excursion refund: almost immediately

FCCs: Posted today. I'll have to use them by May 22, 2022

I called Princess today, and they said they paid out my full Option 2 refund on May 21 to the credit cards (Canadian) used for the booking -- nothing has shown up yet, but the Princess customer rep said it could take one or two billing cycles for it to appear on the cards.

I'll wait another couple of weeks and see what happens!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LidoLiz said:

Cruise: Scheduled for March 21

I cancelled by phone: March 8, a few days prior to Princess cancelling the sailing

Email confirmation of my selection of Option 2: (compensation receipt): March 12

Excursion refund: almost immediately

FCCs: Posted today. I'll have to use them by May 22, 2022

I wonder why your date is different. Not that 3 weeks matters. We cancelled within 2 days of each other. Though the date would matter in Alaska as I have often sailed mid-May in Alaska.

Edited by Coral

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

I wonder why your date is different. Not that 3 weeks matters. We cancelled within 2 days of each other.

Maybe just different reps handling the accounts?

And I'm still not counting these chickens!

**ACK...just re-read the post...Have to use by May 1 2022.

Edited by LidoLiz

28 minutes ago, Coral said:

Wow - mine is posted! It expires on 5/01/22.

It wasn't there yesterday.

Congratulations!  Any refund yet?  Our TA handled the reservation for our friends too so I was going to let her know that they got FCCs but am waiting to hear if they go their refund.

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Nothing...sigh

Oh no.  With so many people getting their's posted I thought that perhaps you were all set too.

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Congratulations!  Any refund yet?  Our TA handled the reservation for our friends too so I was going to let her know that they got FCCs but am waiting to hear if they go their refund.

Nope - checked both credit cards.

Princess claimed it was "processed" on the 21st and returned to my credit card on Friday. I don't know if disputing this with credit card sped it up or how this will play out. I have a Chase and Citicard card involved.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

There is continued hope people!  I check this thread multiple times daily and although others continue to report FCC's/refunds, I continued to see nothing in my account.  That all changed this morning! I'm still waiting on my refund (filed cc dispute May 6) but my FCC's are now there.  I cancelled on March 11 before Princess.  We were scheduled on the Ruby March 21.  Keep checking because I now believe it will happen for us all!  Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was scheduled to be on the Regal leaving 3/15. I was cancelled by Princess on 3/13 (the day they shut down operations). Chose the cash refund as well as the FCC. I have been checking my Princess account pretty much daily and the FCC was finally credited today. A couple of interesting things about it: 1) The cost of the actual cruise was $900. It appears they refunded the $100 FCC that I used to originally book the cruise, right after the cancellation. The FCC they applied today to my account was for $900 so I have a total of $1000 FCC now. Seems like the would only own me $900 total. 2) The FCC states it must be used by 5/1/2022, this is good because I was under the impression it would only be good for a year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LidoLiz said:

Maybe just different reps handling the accounts?

And I'm still not counting these chickens!

I checked a Princess chart and it said 5/01/22. It sounds like you got lucky. 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

I checked a Princess chart and it said 5/01/22. It sounds like you got lucky. 🙂

No, you are right -- I misread it...same date as you. May see you on a spring cruise in '22!

• Like 1

Welp, looks like things are finally moving for me too.

Credit ID# Description Earned Expires Status Amount
######## Used For Goodwill Fccs 06/01/20 Book By 05/01/22 and Sail By 05/01/22 Active $100.00 (USD)

One of seven(?) so far!... no refund yet though, which is what I really want; FCCs are of limited value for me.

Edited by Cuedon
  • Like 2

Nice to see some more folks getting refunds.  I am still in the set aside, overlooked, forgotten, ignored (whatever you want to call us) group that had our cruises in progress abruptly halted upon the initial PAUSE announcement.   I can see no indication what so ever that they even acknowledge us.  Only rumors that we will be handled at the end of all other refunds,  those not from Princess.   Princess owes these people a lot of actual money, tens of thousands of dollars, not just a 1 or 2 week fully paid cruise, a few hundred dollar deposit, the return of a used FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) or FCCs (Future Cruise Credit).  So we wait and wait and wait some more as we watch everyone else get their refunds. Sorry, I am just not feeling the love for Princess these days

• Like 4

My wife and I chose Option 1 with 150% FCC. Checked our account today and I got the 150% base cruise fare but my wife didn"t. She only got the 100% FCC. I'm on hold with Customer Relations Escalation Dept. right now. The first customer service agent agreed that there was an error.

So, check your figures carefully people!

Edited by redtop101
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Nice to see some more folks getting refunds.  I am still in the set aside, overlooked, forgotten, ignored (whatever you want to call us) group that had our cruises in progress abruptly halted upon the initial PAUSE announcement.   I can see no indication what so ever that they even acknowledge us.  Only rumors that we will be handled at the end of all other refunds,  those not from Princess.   Princess owes these people a lot of actual money, tens of thousands of dollars, not just a 1 or 2 week fully paid cruise, a few hundred dollar deposit, the return of a used FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) or FCCs (Future Cruise Credit).  So we wait and wait and wait some more as we watch everyone else get their refunds. Sorry, I am just not feeling the love for Princess these days

We are just getting FCC.

I agree - my trip was a month, celebrating a milestone birthday. Your trip was probably even longer and interrupted. I understand the feeling.

Edited by Coral

This refund process should be simple. We all pay for our cruises upfront. They even give us deadlines for payment. So our money should be refunded immediately we cancel. Unless they have channelled our money somewhere else. Why 30 to 60 days. Is there no way of charging them a penalty? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Munini said:

This refund process should be simple. We all pay for our cruises upfront. They even give us deadlines for payment. So our money should be refunded immediately we cancel. Unless they have channelled our money somewhere else. Why 30 to 60 days. Is there no way of charging them a penalty? 

cruiseradio has an interesting article about waiting for cruise refunds 🙃

https://cruiseradio.net/ask-the-expert-why-you-shouldnt-wait-for-that-cruise-refund/

• Like 1