Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Nothing...sigh

Us neither , but I wasnt really expecting it  our operative only works

Wednesday til Friday   1 July is a Wednesday   though I am now holding out to get in the Guiness book of records.

Cruise - April 18

Cancelled - March 11 (and again on March 12)

Cancellation Notice - May 18

FCD’s - on or about May 18

Refund - May 25 (dated May 21)

FCC’s - June 1

April 25 Cruise -  rec’d an e-mail on May 5 offering additional FCC if I switched to Option 1 (I did not).  I had to May 31 to accept this offer so nothing on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

$500 was put back on the original gift card I had used for my cancelled March 7 Grand Princess cruise.  

I am only owed a $200 FCD now.  I have all the rest of my money back, plus the promised FCC.

Happy!

Edited by mbglib
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, joe d said:

April 25 Cruise -  rec’d an e-mail on May 5 offering additional FCC if I switched to Option 1 (I did not).  I had to May 31 to accept this offer so nothing on it.

Did they offer you more than 150%? My cruise was around the same time as yours but I didn't get an email.

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

Did they offer you more than 150%? My cruise was around the same time as yours but I didn't get an email.

No. I believe they offered me an additional 25% in FCC's (i.e. in addition to the original 25% in FCC's )

Cancelled cruise on March 8 prior to final payment date.

FCD's back in account March 9

Pre-paid gratuities returned to card March 10th.

Normally would have expected refund of fare within a week or so.

However, after several calls, Last being April 27 where they still said 60 days from date of cancellation.

On May 6 I filed a dispute with CHASE

Received paperwork from Case on May 7

Returned paperwork May 9

Received temporary credit May 16

June 1 received notification that dispute was resolved in my favor and credit is now permanent.

Edited by npcl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got my Phase 1 FCC credits today. It took 81 days, but the credit is there.   I'll have to check with my Vacation Planner on the account for cruise protection and port fees.  Now that the 225% is in my account, I just need cruising to start again.  I hope Princess will extend the date of use if the cruise industry has to keep cancelling sail dates.  That's not meant as a why isn't the cruise industry cruising comment.  I want things to be as safe as possible for passengers and crew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

YES Final Update ALL $$ refunded. ALL FCC in cruise personalizer and FCD back.

Cruise date April 19 Regal

Cancelled by me Mar 6

Cancelled by Princess Mar 12 Phase 1

Option #2 selected Mar 12

Refund to credit card May 22

FCC received June 1

(booked directly with Princess, did not use TA. Did not phone or contact Princess. Did not contact credit card company)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, remydiva said:

YES Final Update ALL $$ refunded. ALL FCC in cruise personalizer and FCD back.

Cruise date April 19 Regal

Cancelled by me Mar 6

Cancelled by Princess Mar 12 Phase 1

Option #2 selected Mar 12

Refund to credit card May 22

FCC received June 1

(booked directly with Princess, did not use TA. Did not phone or contact Princess. Did not contact credit card company)

Happy to hear! Finally!!!!!

Still waiting here....

I got my Good Will future cruise credits today. Had in my account and also my husbands.have two years to use it.

We cancelled before Princess on March 5th for a April 21 cruise.Immediately got 50% back on credit card.

Took option 2. So now that we got our 25% Future cruise good will  credit , hope the balance of my 50% refund hits our credit card soon.

At least I now see some movement on Princess part.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Happy to hear! Finally!!!!!

Still waiting here....

Thank you and yes I'm a

little giddy as it has been a LONG wait.

Grandkids went back to school today, hairdresser had soft opening on Friday (yay, hair done) so life is slllloooowwwwwllly starting to reopen and look more 'normal'...the new normal that is.

Cruising still a long ways off but it would be nice to see my son back east but that too is not in the cards just yet.

Hope your's comes real soon too. 🤞🤞

Edited by remydiva
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, remydiva said:

Thank you and yes I'm a

little giddy as it has been a LONG wait.

Grandkids went back to school today, hairdresser had soft opening on Friday (yay, hair done) so life is slllloooowwwwwllly starting to reopen and look more 'normal'...the new normal that is.

Cruising still a long ways off but it would be nice to see my son back east but that too is not in the cards just yet.

Hope your's comes real soon too. 🤞🤞

I opted not to send my kids back...not that I'm concerned about schools being safe but they take skytrain to get there and I just am not ready for that yet! Lol

On 5/31/2020 at 9:50 AM, hellopuppies said:

It just doesn't make any sense. I cancelled Sept 4 Sky Princess on Mar 20. Still my refundable $200 deposit NOT yet refunded to my CC. Called Princess so many times and was promised in 60 days but...............hate calling and waiting

We had a Hawaiian cruise booked for October 2020...we used FCDs and that was all we paid so far.  When we got back from our disastrous Coral cruise in April, we cancelled the Hawaiian cruise and immediately got our FCDs redeposited onto our account!

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 11:02 AM, Coral said:

I should have said for those who have done the survey.

And mine is still not done. They also encouraged those whose is not done to have their agent contact Princess. We did that and the phone rep had no clue.

Exactly. 

We have submitted ours on Mar 16 but of course have not seen the FCC as of last week when I finally called - being informed that "a step is missing in the process"  by who processed the refund, hence nothing other than the FCD was processed, as I posted a few days earlier.

Today I saw the 25% FCC finally shows up, with June 1st being the posting date - so a small progress, thanks to the customer relations rep's intervention.  I will call Wed or Thur to inquire the actual $ refund.  The travel agency has not seen the refund yet when I talked to an agent Saturday.  Comparing to many others here our refund is of the low end of amount owed,  still, being the simplest booking cabin only,  there is absolutely no reason why the refund takes so long - well into the 12th week since we sent back the survey.

21 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Today I saw the 25% FCC finally shows up, with June 1st being the posting date - so a small progress, thanks to the customer relations rep's intervention. 

My FCC did show up today also. It sounds like several of ours did.

I think they tackled many of us with March and April sailings that had not been done before.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coral said:

Good to know.  Now some of us who should have seen our FCC / Refunds several weeks ago, finally get an indicator as to our accounts are being looked at. 

I did ask the Loyalty Travel agent which cruise lines have the most delayed refund process.  She said you got one of the worst...  They dont have the ability to dispute the payment as the card used to pay is a corporate card.  So the only recourse is to keep waiting for Princess finally gets to us.  If our refund is in anywhere near some of the posted figures I would write to the Princess CEO and CC all top honcho weeks ago, given  I could not use the CC dispute channel.

4 hours ago, nho9504 said:

Exactly. 

We have submitted ours on Mar 16 but of course have not seen the FCC as of last week when I finally called - being informed that "a step is missing in the process"  by who processed the refund, hence nothing other than the FCD was processed, as I posted a few days earlier.

Today I saw the 25% FCC finally shows up, with June 1st being the posting date - so a small progress, thanks to the customer relations rep's intervention.  I will call Wed or Thur to inquire the actual $ refund.  The travel agency has not seen the refund yet when I talked to an agent Saturday.  Comparing to many others here our refund is of the low end of amount owed,  still, being the simplest booking cabin only,  there is absolutely no reason why the refund takes so long - well into the 12th week since we sent back the survey.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

I think they tackled many of us with March and April sailings that had not been done before.

I’m glad I checked into cruise critic today.  When I saw you guys got your goodwill credit, I went to see if I got mine and sure enough, got the 50% of cruise fare as goodwill credit. Hoping our $ refund follows soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LidoLiz said:

I called Princess today, and they said they paid out my full Option 2 refund on May 21 to the credit cards (Canadian) used for the booking -- nothing has shown up yet, but the Princess customer rep said it could take one or two billing cycles for it to appear on the cards.

I'll wait another couple of weeks and see what happens!

I assume that you checked online with the bank to see if the refund has been posted.

When Princess says it may take one or two billing cycles, they are talking about the old days when the only way you knew of a refund was by checking your monthly statement. If you just missed the deadline for the statement in the mail, then it would take until the next statement was sent.

But these days, you can see your credit card account online and know about it the day it is posted. If Princess really sent the refund to the bank, it should show up online within 24 hours.

• Like 3

Our March 21st sailing was cancelled and still no credit card refund or FCC. I finally managed to get through to Princess CS today and was told that it would be another 2 weeks of waiting. I was told back in early April that it would also only be another 2 weeks until I see the refund.

Anyways, I found out that the FCC gets divided among all the passengers in the cabin, and not as one lump sump to the passenger who did the booking. When I told CS that it's unlikely that my 86 year old father plans to cruise again, I was told that if his FCC is not used by the expiry date, I could request a cheque from Princess for that amount. This is the first I have heard of this. Can anyone here confirm if this is true? 

26 minutes ago, SJunie said:

Our March 21st sailing was cancelled and still no credit card refund or FCC. I finally managed to get through to Princess CS today and was told that it would be another 2 weeks of waiting. I was told back in early April that it would also only be another 2 weeks until I see the refund.

It's become clear to us that when you call Princess, a random number shows up for the Princess Rep who picks up her "script" sheet and gives the reply that matches the number:

1) Your refund is in revenue....I have no way to checking to see it's status

2) Your request has been processed and you should see it in your credit card account in 2 weeks

3) I see that we have received your request and we are processing all requests in order of sailing date

4) .......

Based on personal experience, there is almost zero chance of being told the same information twice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1