Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

82 days and still holding....

My DH picked up a charming expression from his days in the service ... "FUBAR"....(some of you may know what that means, but don't ask me to explain....LOL) which pretty much says it all.

I have called several times now, like many of you, and keep getting different versions of the same "script".

Spoke to the PPC who was assigned to us a while back....friendly enough girl, but only focused on "selling"--no clue how to do any research for refunds/FCC's.  She went silent when I brought up the subject of the "holding account".   Told her I'm not giving Princess any more money until we see something in our account.

• Like 1

Since I've been one who's been loud on this board.. 

Received 25% FCC for the FARE amount.. not the complete amount paid to Princess - so to me, I already feel misled. 

This is what the email I got when Princess cancelled said.. 

Option 2 - 100% refund + 25% future cruise credit.  

Perhaps I'm naive, but I expected a full 25% credit on the amount paid based on the way this read.  Does this mean I'm only getting the fare back, and not the additional $1K for packages, taxes and EZ Air?  

It's dated June 1 (yesterday) so if the refund was processed at the same time maybe there is hope of cash soon... 

Perhaps others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood that the FCC (including the extra 25%, 50%, etc.) is based solely on  the cruise fare itself, not including other charges, some of which are supposed to go into the "holding account".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJunie said:

Our March 21st sailing was cancelled and still no credit card refund or FCC. I finally managed to get through to Princess CS today and was told that it would be another 2 weeks of waiting. I was told back in early April that it would also only be another 2 weeks until I see the refund.

Anyways, I found out that the FCC gets divided among all the passengers in the cabin, and not as one lump sump to the passenger who did the booking. When I told CS that it's unlikely that my 86 year old father plans to cruise again, I was told that if his FCC is not used by the expiry date, I could request a cheque from Princess for that amount. This is the first I have heard of this. Can anyone here confirm if this is true? 

If you chose Option 2, I don't think there is any monetary value in the FCC if you don't use it. If you chose Option 1 (no refund), I can see it possible to give the original cost back if you don't use the FCC. Other lines are doing this but I haven't heard Princess doing this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MarkieMark16 said:

Since I've been one who's been loud on this board.. 

Received 25% FCC for the FARE amount.. not the complete amount paid to Princess - so to me, I already feel misled. 

This is what the email I got when Princess cancelled said.. 

Option 2 - 100% refund + 25% future cruise credit.  

Perhaps I'm naive, but I expected a full 25% credit on the amount paid based on the way this read.  Does this mean I'm only getting the fare back, and not the additional $1K for packages, taxes and EZ Air?  

It's dated June 1 (yesterday) so if the refund was processed at the same time maybe there is hope of cash soon... 

Cruise fare only.

• Like 1

Hello - we just rec'd our FCC for our March 14 2020, no refund yet but we assume this is coming soon now.  However, there were 3 of us in the room, my husband (got his on his princess acct), mine (got it) and our 10 year old grandson (no sign of it).  Since he is under 18, we can't create an account for him. However, the Princess offer says we are to receive a FCC for the base fares paid.  How/where do we find our grandson's FCC?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

11 hours ago, caribill said:

I assume that you checked online with the bank to see if the refund has been posted.

When Princess says it may take one or two billing cycles, they are talking about the old days when the only way you knew of a refund was by checking your monthly statement. If you just missed the deadline for the statement in the mail, then it would take until the next statement was sent.

But these days, you can see your credit card account online and know about it the day it is posted. If Princess really sent the refund to the bank, it should show up online within 24 hours.

Thanks, Caribill....my bank says it takes up to 20 business days to show a merchant credit, so I'll check in another week.

16 minutes ago, debosi said:

Hello - we just rec'd our FCC for our March 14 2020, no refund yet but we assume this is coming soon now.  However, there were 3 of us in the room, my husband (got his on his princess acct), mine (got it) and our 10 year old grandson (no sign of it).  Since he is under 18, we can't create an account for him. However, the Princess offer says we are to receive a FCC for the base fares paid.  How/where do we find our grandson's FCC?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can't check it for a child - the only way you will find it is if you create a booking as it will be applied automatically to a new booking. 

19 minutes ago, MarkieMark16 said:

So I'm out $1K???? That sucks.. 

If you chose option 2, you will get the full amount of $$$ you paid back to original form of payment. The FCC, based only on the cruise fare, is a bonus to entice you to rebook with Princess. It has no monetary value - use it of lose it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJunie said:

Our March 21st sailing was cancelled and still no credit card refund or FCC. I finally managed to get through to Princess CS today and was told that it would be another 2 weeks of waiting. I was told back in early April that it would also only be another 2 weeks until I see the refund.

Anyways, I found out that the FCC gets divided among all the passengers in the cabin, and not as one lump sump to the passenger who did the booking. When I told CS that it's unlikely that my 86 year old father plans to cruise again, I was told that if his FCC is not used by the expiry date, I could request a cheque from Princess for that amount. This is the first I have heard of this. Can anyone here confirm if this is true? 

Any FCC issued in lieu of a refund can be refunded - either if it is not used by the expiration or at any time you request it. Any bonus FCC have no cash value and will be lost if not used.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, debosi said:

Call Princess and ask them what they see posted.

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

It's become clear to us that when you call Princess, a random number shows up for the Princess Rep who picks up her "script" sheet and gives the reply that matches the number:

Incorrect.

Each agent has a Magic 8 Ball to use for supplying an answer to the question.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, MarkieMark16 said:

So I'm out $1K???? That sucks.. 

I believe Coral meant  the 25% is based on the cruise fare only

You will get back 100% Cruise fare in Cash plus  the £1000 for packages

plus taxes and EZair    How you get it might depend on how you cancelled

when you cancelled  there are various charts on this thread showing the alternatives.  IIF it or some of it goes into a holding account you can ask for it in cash.   The ezair  depends on which option you had  flexible  or not as it

then also depends on the airline.- Its all in here somewhere. 

• Like 1

I filed a claim with my credit card company about a week ago. I already got the credit back to my credit card less than a week later (thank you Amex). Princess also gave me my future cruise credit, wondering if filing a claim on the charge on my end prompted them to do the work on their side.

I choose the option that gave me my money back + 100% future cruise credit (I had an end of March sailing date that provided this option). The 100% future cruise credit doesn't include taxes and fees I guess, cause I paid a little over $900 and only got $700 and change toward future cruise credit. I'm happy now.

It looks like Princess was busy issuing FCC's yesterday.  I received mine as well yesterday, but no sign of my refund.  While I do understand circumstances are unlike anyone could have anticipated, my biggest issue with Princess is the lack of real communication.  Other than the "canned" emails that everyone else has received, I've received no contact from Princess at all, and on the occasion that I have called and spoken with a rep, they have NO information at all.  I hope that my refund was indeed processed yesterday along with my FCC, but I am not holding my breath.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, brwneyedgirl72 said:

It looks like Princess was busy issuing FCC's yesterday.  I received mine as well yesterday, but no sign of my refund.  While I do understand circumstances are unlike anyone could have anticipated, my biggest issue with Princess is the lack of real communication.  Other than the "canned" emails that everyone else has received, I've received no contact from Princess at all, and on the occasion that I have called and spoken with a rep, they have NO information at all.  I hope that my refund was indeed processed yesterday along with my FCC, but I am not holding my breath.

Agree on the lack of communication - I haven't even received the "canned" emails. I'm also frustrated with the lack of transparency and the lack of consistency. Every person I speak to gives me a different story.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you chose option 2, you will get the full amount of $$$ you paid back to original form of payment. The FCC, based only on the cruise fare, is a bonus to entice you to rebook with Princess. It has no monetary value - use it of lose it.

Good till May 2022. No reason not to use it.

• Like 1

I found something interesting.  My friends asked me to take a look at what they got as FCCs including the goodwill amount.  Princess determined the amount of FCCs on the GROSS cruise fare, not the discounted amount that they actually paid.  I've validated the discrepancy with the TA as amount of discount that had been applied to the booking.  Good for my friends but I sure hope that this isn't affecting the TAs ultimate compensation in any way!

Spoke to a Princess representative today and was informed that two of my prepaid excursions for my 8/17/20 cruise from NYC to Greenland have been processed.

Waiting on another $1700 in prepaid excursions to be refunded along with my Future Cruise Deposit.  

Happy to learn that they are starting to process refunds for an August 2020 cruise.

From my experience to date with Group 1 cancellations,  May 06 departure.

We got our FCC's on April 28 with correct amount.  And a few come book with us to use the FCC.

Have not seen any refund since the 13 March cancellation.

So different people doing calculations and FCC's are NOT connected to refunds.