Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Today marks day 89 for me.  Full refund showed up on cc this morning! Info for ya'll:  scheduled on the Ruby March 21. I cancelled Mar. 11. Chose option 2. Got tired of waiting and filed dispute with Princess Visa on May 6.  Don't know who refunded first but it shows it posted to my cc on June 4.  Received my FCC about a week ago.  As I read through these posts multiple times a day and saw the refunds happening for others, I still felt like there was no hope for me and I had fallen through the cracks.  I just wanted you all to know that it's probably coming for you too. Happy to be off the roller coaster finally and best of luck to you all still waiting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Worldpeek said:

Today marks day 89 for me.  Full refund showed up on cc this morning! Info for ya'll:  scheduled on the Ruby March 21. I cancelled Mar. 11. Chose option 2. Got tired of waiting and filed dispute with Princess Visa on May 6.  Don't know who refunded first but it shows it posted to my cc on June 4.  Received my FCC about a week ago.  As I read through these posts multiple times a day and saw the refunds happening for others, I still felt like there was no hope for me and I had fallen through the cracks.  I just wanted you all to know that it's probably coming for you too. Happy to be off the roller coaster finally and best of luck to you all still waiting.

Congrats. It was 89 days for me. I cancelled March 6th. Those of us who cancelled before March 12 did fall through the cracks IMO.

Well, looks like the FCC shows up shortly before the refund.  Many about a month or two early; In Coral’s case less than a week (June 1).  And 🤞🏻 hopefully we are now seeing refund at 89 days.  

If that’s true: good news is we are at 84 days so only 5 days to go.  Bad news: still no FCC posted yet.  Not holding my breath.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Well, looks like the FCC shows up shortly before the refund.  Many about a month or two early; In Coral’s case less than a week (June 1).  And 🤞🏻 hopefully we are now seeing refund at 89 days.  

If that’s true: good news is we are at 84 days so only 5 days to go.  Bad news: still no FCC posted yet.  Not holding my breath.  

I am purely guessing at this point. I think someone touches the "booking" and this is when the FCC shows up and they process the refund. Though processing of the refund doesn't mean the refund is issued. I think Princess is only releasing money to the credit cards on certain dates. When I called one day, I had a process date but the refunds had not been released. When I called 1.5 weeks later, she had said the refunds had been released. I probably should have paid more attention to the date the refund was processed and the FCC showed up. This explains why all of a sudden, people are gettin refunds and then there is a short lull and then more refunds.

I got my refund at 89 days. 

2 hours ago, Eagle_and_hawk said:

I will jump is as just noticed this morning our dispute was closed in our favor. Ours was 4/18 cruise, cancelled 3/10. Didn't receive an email about it, just decided to go look at it online.

We filed dispute on 4/8 and Citi (double cashback) had until 6/12 to respond (60 days). I was waiting to see what would happen this Friday as not heard anything else out of Princess or Citi. So in our case, it was resolved on 6/3 and took 51 days.

It makes me wonder if Princess did not dispute the charge as I would not have expected it to be resolved on it's own, until 6/12.

Either way, we got out money back & the FCC's of 25% in our savings account.

That’s great to hear your dispute closed in your favor and before the 60 days too!  Maybe Princess told Citi you were right so your dispute closed before the 60 days?  I haven some time to wait for my dispute.  We’ll see what resolves first...dispute process or Princess. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

That’s great to hear your dispute closed in your favor and before the 60 days too!  Maybe Princess told Citi you were right so your dispute closed before the 60 days?  I haven some time to wait for my dispute.  We’ll see what resolves first...dispute process or Princess. 

The dispute and refund are both showing on both of my credit cards right now. Not sure if I need to contact the credit card. Though my refund is short $200 so I am waiting for Princes to respond to the dispute. Princess split my refund in a weird way also between the credit cards (so much for carefully figuring this out manually). 

Just now, Coral said:

The dispute and refund are both showing on both of my credit cards right now. Not sure if I need to contact the credit card. Though my refund is short $200 so I am waiting for Princes to respond to the dispute. Princess split my refund in a weird way also between the credit cards (so much for carefully figuring this out manually). 

I thought I was $200 short. Till I looked at my account on the web site. It was put back as cruise credit. reason. On a cruise I booked to receive OBC. It was $200.00 Forgot about that. Once I told the TA. he got it put on the next cruise and I am to receive $200.00 back from the deposit of $295.00 because the cruise was full paid for with FCC. I paid the tax & port only so the $200.00 I put on a cruise while on a cruise I am basically getting it refunded back to me. So go on the Princess web site and see if your $200.00 is there. There was $100 for me and $100 for my wife.

12 minutes ago, Coral said:

We are in a similar situation.  Today have received refunds to our credit card for two cruises that Princess canceled in March.  Not sure if this is because of our credit card dispute or whether Princess did this.  However, we are each short $100 for each cruise totalling $400.  There are no postings in our accounts about our $400 in FCDs.  The FCDs that we used for each of these bookings have not been credited back to our accounts and of course are no longer showing in the accounts.  

25 minutes ago, Coral said:

Yeah, good plan to leave the dispute on since that might be a faster way to get the remainder of your refund.  

I just left a voicemail for the Customer Relations person I had been working with since early March.  She said to call her in June if I hadn’t received my refund by the end of May.  Her voicemail greeting now says to call the general Princess 1-800# if you’re calling about your refund or FCC and that they will be able to help you with your specific situation.  Then when you call the 1-800#, it says if you’re calling about a cancelled cruise to check their website.  

Got our FCC deposit refund today.  Requested it Mar 30, so it took 70 days.

Also got our FCC deposit from HAL today, also requested Mar 30.  Funny thing is both those FCCs were booked with different credit cards, at different times but both refunds came back to the same card.  Wonder if they've turned over all the refund action to one office.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Yeah, good plan to leave the dispute on since that might be a faster way to get the remainder of your refund.  

I just left a voicemail for the Customer Relations person I had been working with since early March.  She said to call her in June if I hadn’t received my refund by the end of May.  Her voicemail greeting now says to call the general Princess 1-800# if you’re calling about your refund or FCC and that they will be able to help you with your specific situation.  Then when you call the 1-800#, it says if you’re calling about a cancelled cruise to check their website.  

Oh no - I am wondering if she has been furloughed!

My Customer Relations person doesn't return or pick up my calls (I was very polite and only spoke to her maybe 3 times when I had questions because it was confusing if I qualified for Option 1 or 2 because I cancelled before the Pause). The only way I can get her to pick up my calls is if I call from a number she is not familiar with. Last time I spoke with her she said she would contact me mid-May with a status update (which she never did).

Edited by Coral

6 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Got our FCC deposit refund today.  Requested it Mar 30, so it took 70 days.

Also got our FCC deposit from HAL today, also requested Mar 30.  Funny thing is both those FCCs were booked with different credit cards, at different times but both refunds came back to the same card.  Wonder if they've turned over all the refund action to one office.

It wouldn't surprise me if it is is one office amongst the Holland America group that is doing this as Princess falls under this group. They have the same verbiage on their website (As of Friday, May 15 we have refunded millions of dollars of cruises and we continue working through our back log. ) and started processing refunds at the same time.

Edited by Coral

26 minutes ago, BigTimeCruiser said:

We are in a similar situation.  Today have received refunds to our credit card for two cruises that Princess canceled in March.  Not sure if this is because of our credit card dispute or whether Princess did this.  However, we are each short $100 for each cruise totalling $400.  There are no postings in our accounts about our $400 in FCDs.  The FCDs that we used for each of these bookings have not been credited back to our accounts and of course are no longer showing in the accounts.  

I didn't use a FCD on my cruise (I was out). I also booked and made final payment at the same time. Time will tell. I do know my TA contacted Princess in April to find out my refund amount (as I had several air reductions) to make sure their amount was the same as my records. That amount was correct. So there are records somewhere.

Glad you got your funds! What a relief.

Edited by Coral

14 minutes ago, Coral said:

Oh no - I am wondering if she has been furloughed!

My Customer Relations person doesn't return or pick up my calls (I was very polite and only spoke to her maybe 3 times when I had questions because it was confusing if I qualified for Option 1 or 2 because I cancelled before the Pause). The only way I can get her to pick up my calls is if I call from a number she is not familiar with. Last time I spoke with her she said she would contact me mid-May with a status update (which she never did).

Oh...I should have added that her greeting said that if you’re calling about anything else, to leave a message.  I’ve only spoken to her twice.  Once when she called in response to my email and a second time when I called about the Option 1 versus 2 when that first came out.

so...I ventured to call the 1-800# and was lucky to have only a 20 minute wait.  The person I spoke to said my refund was “processed” on 6/3.  The amount he told me would be refunded was $200 short.  I asked about it and said that it was FCD.  He said it would be put back as FCD for future use. I asked what happens if it’s expired (I can’t remember the expiration date). He said if it’s expired, it would be refunded to the credit card but in a separate transaction.  Now I wish I kept track of which FCD I used and when it expired.

Buy your $200 is a mystery since it wasn’t FCD.

As of today I have now received the full refund and FCC for my cancelled May 2 cruise on the Ruby.  Received the paid amount back on my credit card on May 27, received the 25% FCC on June 2, and received the refund on my FCD today.  The FCD I had used had an expiration date of March 8, 2020.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jase0581 said:

As of today I have now received the full refund and FCC for my cancelled May 2 cruise on the Ruby.  Received the paid amount back on my credit card on May 27, received the 25% FCC on June 2, and received the refund on my FCD today.  The FCD I had used had an expiration date of March 8, 2020.

Congratulations. I cancelled on April 3 and another cruise on April 8th Still waiting

13 minutes ago, Jase0581 said:

Great news!  Everything refunded as expected!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

How long did it take for Citi to resolve your dispute?  I disputed mine with my Citi card (through Costco).  I disputed on 5/13 and Citi said Princess has until 7/14 to respond.

I started it the first week in May.  They gave a temp credit within a day.  During the wait time they sent two letters asking what I expected and why even though I stated both in my original complaint.  These need a response by mail not email.  Explained I had no communication from Princess at all and that I wanted cash .. had no use for credits of any kind including gift cards.  I received the credits on June 6th and 8th.  Be sure to respond to any letters.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

I'm in the same boat. At least if the FCC showed up, I would have a little more hope. But still nothing on either count....

• Like 2

About 1 week ago, I saw the FCC on our Princess account. To my delight and surprise, this morning I saw the total refund posted to my credit card. We had filled out the Princess cancellation form for 100% refund and 25% FCC on March 12, so it took just shy of 3 months. Our cruise was scheduled for May 9, 2020.

We are very happy with Princess and will continue to cruise with them in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coral said:

I didn't use a FCD on my cruise (I was out). I also booked and made final payment at the same time. Time will tell. I do know my TA contacted Princess in April to find out my refund amount (as I had several air reductions) to make sure their amount was the same as my records. That amount was correct. So there are records somewhere.

Glad you got your funds! What a relief.

Surprise, surprise!!!  In the mail today, we received $200 for 2 of the 4 FCDs we used for the cancelled cruises.  Princess is using some processing company out of Maine.  So, hopefully, we will get a check in the next couple of days for the 2 remaining FCDs.

• Like 3

Just now, BigTimeCruiser said:

Surprise, surprise!!!  In the mail today, we received $200 for 2 of the 4 FCDs we used for the cancelled cruises.  Princess is using some processing company out of Maine.  So, hopefully, we will get a check in the next couple of days for the 2 remaining FCDs.

Great!!!