Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

6 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

Pacific Princess October 15, 2020 sailing.

'GOODBYE"  - Very disturbing that when I call Princess, no matter what number I press, I get a very sweet "goodbye" and then disconnect.

Our cruise was cancelled May 7, 2020.  Requested refund, and request confirmed May 7, 2020.

Have received a refund for the shore excursion and wifi package.  Still waiting for my $1320.00 deposit refund.

The travel agent we used abandoned us by May 10 and told us to contact Princess.

Has anyone actually been able to get through to Princess?

We have had good luck with chat.   We were on the October 5 cruise and they told us it has now been processed.  Waiting for it to actually show up.

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

IWhen they refunded my card for EZ Air, they refunded the wrong card. I used air for one card and cruise for another. They refunded the the EZ air price reduction on the card I used for the cruise, not the air. When I originally called the credit card - they said I couldn't contest the charge back because the original charge was on a different card. I would now have to contest the original charge back in January. I have submitted my rep a bunch of documentation over the weekend. Hopefully this helps.... I will wait until Friday and call and if not, I will contact the bank again. So frustrating. The original refund was in March but the charge back went back to January. They claim I was refunded that amount 2x which I wasn't. Ugh!

I remember that now.  I had a three cards involved also.  I gave up trying to explain which one was used for what and just made up a spreadsheet showing each payment I made (by date and card) and each refund (also by date and card).  Then I just compared the total I gave Princess and the total they have refunded me, including FCC.

Some of the refunded amounts were obvious matchups (excursions) but others made no sense...and I gave up trying to get each amount explained and just went with the totals.

Now to keep a close watch on my cards for fraudulent chargebacks.

1 minute ago, cherylandtk said:

I remember that now.  I had a three cards involved also.  I gave up trying to explain which one was used for what and just made up a spreadsheet showing each payment I made (by date and card) and each refund (also by date and card).  Then I just compared the total I gave Princess and the total they have refunded me, including FCC.

Some of the refunded amounts were obvious matchups (excursions) but others made no sense...and I gave up trying to get each amount explained and just went with the totals.

I should add the person I am working with at Princess does seem to care. Hopefully what I sent her works. If Princess had refunded the right credit card to begin with, this would be moot.

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

We have had good luck with chat.   We were on the October 5 cruise and they told us it has now been processed.  Waiting for it to actually show up.

Curious did they give you a timeframe of how long it takes to show up on your end? Thats where we are at also, waiting for these processed refunds to get back to original source of payment. 

On 7/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, Ombud said:

I can't figure out how to tag azbirdmom, but yes --- more recent pauses seem to be processed faster

According to Gift Card Services & Customer Relations my September 4th cancelation was credited to gift cards & visa yesterday. (Really weird because it was paid for with gift cards, FCC & FCD --- FCC & FCD transferred out already). Both offices state it takes a week to show up but it's off my personalizer so something is happening. March 22nd cruise still not fully refunded and shows in my personalizer. So later cruises are being worked faster than pre-pause1 Princess cancelations 

At least there's movement

I think I was lied to

2 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Curious did they give you a timeframe of how long it takes to show up on your end? Thats where we are at also, waiting for these processed refunds to get back to original source of payment. 

I didn’t actually ask.  I am guessing a week as that’s what happened with their sister company HAL.  They told us a cheque had been mailed end of July.   We will see!   I am thinking this is costing them customers, as I got more nervous I decided I wanted my money back not a credit. 

Edited by bennybear

11 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Maybe to add another perspective  Princess have been saying for

months that they are doing refunds by SAIL date so  it is maybe

surprising they have made any refunds already, for an October sailing.

They are still working on March April May . . . . 

Our July 23 cruise was cancelled May 7 in Pause 3. Our FCCs were not showing July 25, but were there July 28.

Timing that this was soon after embarkation date may be just a coincidence.

I will, of course, wait to see when our Pause 4 cruise scheduled for December 4 gets processed. Since that cruise was to embark 4 months from now, I would hope it is processed sooner.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:33 PM, Ombud said:

can't figure out how to tag azbirdmom, 

Bit of a flashback but dont think anyone  came back to you on this.

By tag I am thinking you mean to do something to draw their attention

to the post

Easy way is to quote one of their previous posts  and delete what is   

not relevant, as I did here,  Otherwise you can use  @     followed by  the screen name as in  

@Ombud     as you type the name a list will dropdown and when you see

the one you want you click on it in the list.  It will highlight in blue in the post

and will send an email to the member mentioned.   This is useful if the

person does not "follow" the thread you are in.

Example  -you might be following a Roll Call thread and you might see

something  that might interest  someone you have cruised with before.

AS you cannot send a PM  you can  draw their attention to the item

using the @   name thing.    You can try it  on me  if you like  its a good

one as  there are lots beginning with  aula  and we are at the bottom

but as you type the name the others drop off the list.   HTH    

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

That’s exactly what I had to do, and saw the same thing. Some were obvious but it soon became hopeless trying to match things up. Just keeping an eye on the total. For my May 2020 cruise I have been refunded what looks like most (not all) of the things I cancelled in March (mostly prepaid excursions) but am still waiting on the refund of my cruise fare, EZAir and some OBC I purchased. I keep checking all 3 cards, but nothing so far. 

OMG it finally happened after a full four months I see my FCC of $12,400 in my account. I also got $4500 gift card credited back. I am not as happy as I could be thinking Carnival (Parent Company) is in financial trouble with all the pauses and not able to get any financial help from the US. If anything happens to Carnival it's an awful lot of money to loose. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I am not as happy as I could be thinking Carnival (Parent Company) is in financial trouble with all the pauses and not able to get any financial help from the US. If anything happens to Carnival it's an awful lot of money to loose. 

I agree.  Didn't you have the option to get a full refund?

Edited by capriccio

37 minutes ago, Ferd Berfle said:

Likewise, we have just (7/30) received the last of our refunds for our 8/8/2020 Alaska cruise.  105 days.

While I am happy for you, it frustrates me that I have not received my refund for our 5/16/20 Alaska cruise. At 137 days and counting. 

9 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

While I am happy for you, it frustrates me that I have not received my refund for our 5/16/20 Alaska cruise. At 137 days and counting. 

I’m with you, happy for them, but at 142 days I’m sad for me. 
one more week of giving Princess a chance and them I’ll put in a claim to my credit card. 😡

• Like 1

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

I agree.  Didn't you have the option to get a full refund?

I really didn't since I had used almost all gift cards so  gift card or FCC would still be in Princess' possession so I took the higher value option. I won't buy gift  cards again, I now see how risky they can be. I have some gift cards I bought online with a 10% discount that are worthless for a closed restaurant. Sometimes a bargain isn't a bargain but who knew we'd get hit with a pandemic.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I really didn't since I had used almost all gift cards so  gift card or FCC would still be in Princess' possession so I took the higher value option. I won't buy gift  cards again, I now see how risky they can be. I have some gift cards I bought online with a 10% discount that are worthless for a closed restaurant. Sometimes a bargain isn't a bargain but who knew we'd get hit with a pandemic.

Thank you for the explanation and I hope all our worries for the future of Princess turn out to be unfounded! 

Princess has refunded both of my cruises although I am still waiting on the actual money for the Alaska cruise - my TA is saying it will be another 4-6 weeks before they send it to my credit card because they are working on 1200 refunds and are doing them in order of sail date.  The excursions were refunded directly to my card, the 25% cancellation fee was returned to my Princess account as a FCC, and the rest is with my TA.  The Diamond Princess cruise was refunded comparatively quickly back in May.  Now I still waiting for the princess insurance people to process my application for a refund of the non-refundable $850 fee JAL charged on my tickets to Tokyo.  I filed this application back in February and heard nothing, so I filed it again in early July and then got a message a fortnight ago saying that I needed to attach new letters from my TA and JAL saying that they had not changed their policy about the non-refundable charge.  So i've done that and am now back to waiting again.  but yay, it could be worse.  stay safe out there everyone.

• Like 1

I am beyond frustrated at this point. We were on one of the cruises that was interrupted mid-cruise back in March when Princess suspended operations, so it has been 141 days since we arrived back home. For the first several months we were patient and wanted to let the process play out, but when we received the mass email from Princess stating that we hadn't informed them of our choice of FCCs vs. cash refund (we had) and that we were being given the higher value FCCs (which we didn't want), we knew we had to get involved and stay on top of it. I've been calling once or twice a week since then (late June) to check on the status, and have been told several times it has been "escalated" and that they are "working on it".

Today I had the phone agent transfer me to customer relations (which I've done a couple times before when I've had the time), and that did not go well. Got the usual run-around -- we're working on it, it takes time because it has to be done manually, the calculations are complicated because the cruise was under way, etc. Those explanations just don't fly with me anymore -- Princess has already paid us to settle the shore excursions, port fees, etc., which would be the most complicated part of this. We already have the FCCs, so they know how much cash we are owed -- should be equal to the FCCs -- so there are no calculations left to be done. Seems like all they have left to do is process a transaction to pay us that amount of money. I asked to talk to the customer relations supervisor and was told at first she couldn't do that, but then she tried to connect me and couldn't get through. I refuse to accept that there is not some hierarchy of people to talk to about customer service complaints -- it can't just stop at the person answering the phone. Does anyone on this forum know of other avenues for getting any response to this -- other phone numbers, email addresses, other agencies, that one can contact?

Are we the only ones who are getting this type of run-around? There seems to be a total lack of transparency from Princess on this -- we get the same answers each time we call to get us off the phone as quickly as possible. No one can tell us where they are in the process; from reading this forum it looks like there is no rhyme or reason to how they are addressing refunds -- certainly it is not being done in cancellation order. Sorry for venting, but hoping someone on here has some advice that can help us get things moving.

4 minutes ago, dan4182 said:

You could have your CC company dispute the remaining amount directly with Princess.

Thanks, but I'd rather not go that route because I think that would be more complicated. Also, I've seen on this forum where some other people have had some problems with Princess clawing back some of that on their credit cards. Don't really understand how they can do that, but just another potential hassle I'd rather not get into.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mackley1956 said:

Thanks, but I'd rather not go that route because I think that would be more complicated. Also, I've seen on this forum where some other people have had some problems with Princess clawing back some of that on their credit cards. Don't really understand how they can do that, but just another potential hassle I'd rather not get into.

Its actually MUCH simpler. You press a couple buttons in the credit card companies website and they refund the money almost right away. Then they deal with Princess's excuses instead of you worrying about calling them - someone who's job it is to deal with companies that don't refund. Princess had their 90 days and I did my claim on day 89. At this point I don't even care what Princess do.

Yes there's been a couple of clawback stories on here but thats because the vast majority of people who did a credit car claim already have their money so they are not bothering to post or read here any more.

• Like 1

For months I don’t hear squat from Princess about refunding two cancelled cruises and my TA gets a different refund story Each time she contacts them on my behalf. Finally get the refunds and what happens?

Daily Princess Emails trying to get me to book another cruise.  To add insult to injury, I’m advised that the FCCs expired in 90 days. 

so..... let’s see what they offer a few days before these FCCs expire.