Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

34 minutes ago, caribill said:

Even though I had used a TA for my cancelled cruise, Princess was willing to speak with me about the status of refund processing.

Good to know. Thank you!  I’ll wait a while, then contact them.

2 hours ago, narudr said:

Still have not received refund for our August sailing; have paid in full for two bookings (about $4,600). Cancellation request forms were turned in May 10, 2020. We went through Costco; such a pain to have to go through them for any questions regarding our cruise.  Probably better to book direct?  Were told we may have to wait another 30 days.

We booked through the same company that you did.  We also had two cruises cancelled by Princess; one of which was cancelled May 10, 2020 (our August cruise.)  "C" is just as frustrated with Princess as we all our.  I have called my the company a couple of times and they seem to get no where with Princess --- so, I don't blame them, just Princess.  Anyway, if you look at my post above, I have listed the timing of my August refunds; perhaps that might help you a bit.  One thing I continually did was check my credit cards and my FCC list on Princess as I received nothing from anyone during the refund process.  Good luck to you.

21 hours ago, suzyed said:

Asking if you had any luck with the folks you contacted.

Yes, I did. After I tracked down those emails for the Princess execs and wrote them, I got a call from someone who said she represented the exec team. We walked through all 3 of the refunds I was due, and the amounts. That was when I learned for the first time that they had NO RECORD of my airfare reimbursement request, which 2 other reps told me had been received. I was able to send it again to her attention.

I don't know if this exchange sped up my cruise fare and OBC refunds any, but it sure helped on the airfare reimbursement, which I otherwise might still be waiting for. I now have all 3 of my refunds in hand, but it took 112 days to get them all.

1 minute ago, CJinSF said:

Yes, I did. After I tracked down those emails for the Princess execs and wrote them, I got a call from someone who said she represented the exec team. We walked through all 3 of the refunds I was due, and the amounts. That was when I learned for the first time that they had NO RECORD of my airfare reimbursement request, which 2 other reps told me had been received. I was able to send it again to her attention.

I don't know if this exchange sped up my cruise fare and OBC refunds any, but it sure helped on the airfare reimbursement, which I otherwise might still be waiting for. I now have all 3 of my refunds in hand, but it took 112 days to get them all.

Good job!
I contacted the top dog through email and got a call from a Princess rep in about 10 days and she took care of it and I got my FCCs in a timely manner and a check for folio charges that should have been refunded a few weeks later.

• Like 1

Princess canceled my May18th Alaska cruise on April 14th, acknowledged my request for a refund, then tried to give me an FCC instead.  Credit card dispute initiated mid-July, and was just notified that refund has been applied.  I reckon about 120 days...too long.  Won't be sailing with Princess in future.

• Like 1

Well I’ve given up. About 155 days since March 15 th canceled cruise. Princess won’t talk to me and my TA is useless. Tomorrow I’m calling my Cc company and getting the rest of my money reimbursed. 
I think I’ve been more than patient. I think I might have waited longer than anyone else. Lol

Hi  @Seatwosea       did you cancel or did   Princess?   - did you book direct

or through a TA?   Have you made your selection for cash or FCC whatever

was offered for your cruise.  Which ship was it for? there may be roll calls

still live with others reporting how they are getting on.  

On 8/12/2020 at 10:27 AM, Ombud said:

PVP responded that my appeal was decided in my favor on 07/28. I'll believe it when I see it (cruises canceled by Princess prior to Pause 1: 03/11/20 were apparently coded for 100% refund + 50%FCC. They canceled my 03/22/20 cruise 03/08/20.  I was still told I had to pick Option 1 or 2)

Well I got a phone call and follow up email from Kimberly Baldwin in corporate. Apparently there were 2 Grand Princess cruises (March 7th and 22nd -- mine being the 22nd) that had an entirely different compensation.  So I was fully compensated in March and was not eligible for 100% refund / 100% FCC or 225% FCC. The cruise was within those dates but it was a carve out. So thats why my appeal was not processed. Not fair but I'm done on that one 

Now I'm only owed $4215.63

I dont know much about CC  disputes but from what I read on here if

they dont respond to the card  company within a certain time the refund

is  fixed in your favour?   Check back with your Cr card Co.

Having said that there are a few  (very few)  posts where Princess have gone

back and re-debited the card.

yep-I’m one of those who had my credit card recharged for a non-existent sailing...I don’t think they could possibly screw this up much more...and my refund started out as a very simple one——paid in full with one credit card!  It would have taken just one simple credit back to my card....Princess is the one who has made it a complete mess!!!

• Like 1

Today, after cancelling 2 bookings 123 days ago, I got our last refund. I had to have my TA go through the escalation process in order to get the second booking refund.

We are currently still booked on Princess SF to Hawaii on December 23. Not sure if we will still go since Princess has cancelled all sailings through mid-December. This might be first one back so unsure of whether it will be great because everything should be super clean, or terrible if they really don't know how to deal with the issues to make it a positive experience!

11 hours ago, techfashion said:

We are currently still booked on Princess SF to Hawaii on December 23. Not sure if we will still go since Princess has cancelled all sailings through mid-December. This might be first one back so unsure of whether it will be great because everything should be super clean, or terrible if they really don't know how to deal with the issues to make it a positive experience!

Also in question is if Hawaii will allow cruise ship visits by then.

154 days, finally money put back on my credit card. Well, almost all, but at this point it is close enough.

First pause, cruise was for March 19, we chose Option 2 on March 21, but of course they had us at Option 1. So after sorting it all out....

Many thanks to the Supervisor who finally got it all sorted out for us, last week.

Yeah.

On 8/19/2020 at 4:35 PM, trvlwrld said:

yep-I’m one of those who had my credit card recharged for a non-existent sailing...I don’t think they could possibly screw this up much more...and my refund started out as a very simple one——paid in full with one credit card!  It would have taken just one simple credit back to my card....Princess is the one who has made it a complete mess!!!

Please keep us updated on what happens! I disputed through both my cards after 75 days of waiting and got temp credits. On day 150, Princess refunded both cards. I immediately let my banks know and told them they could close the dispute. At this point, I still have those temp credits showing. I am concerned that the temp credits will be removed AND Princess will recharge and I will be right back to square one!

37 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Please keep us updated on what happens! I disputed through both my cards after 75 days of waiting and got temp credits. On day 150, Princess refunded both cards. I immediately let my banks know and told them they could close the dispute. At this point, I still have those temp credits showing. I am concerned that the temp credits will be removed AND Princess will recharge and I will be right back to square one!

I am still struggling with my situation. Princess claims a refund for EZ Air (done before cruise was cancelled) was a cruise refund for a cancelled cruise. The Rep I was dealing with was out for 10 days so hopefully can catch her next week. It is ridiculous. 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I am still struggling with my situation. Princess claims a refund for EZ Air (done before cruise was cancelled) was a cruise refund for a cancelled cruise. The Rep I was dealing with was out for 10 days so hopefully can catch her next week. It is ridiculous. 

I sometimes feel like this will never end. I've gone from having NOTHING for 6 months, to now having DOUBLE what I should have (dispute credits plus Princess refund) and can't seem to get it sorted.

My client (same March cruise) has FINALLY got back her EZ Air refund but still waiting on those FCCs....

With my March 2021 Hawaii sailing looking less and less likely, I fear that I will be going through this all over again in a few months.

If you cancel before Princess does for the next round of cancellations, you get your refund right away. It is when we get caught up in the huge Princess cancels cruises that the big wait begins.  I cancelled in July for October cruises (before Princess cancelled) and my money was on my credit card in a few days. No bonus FCC but I just wanted my money back and got it.

We have a couple of cruises for January 2021 and will probably cancel soon before Princess.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

With my March 2021 Hawaii sailing looking less and less likely, I fear that I will be going through this all over again in a few months.

In your professional opinion, is there any benefit to waiting for Princess to cancel on a cruise paid almost entirely with FCC? I'm asking because my April TA might not happen. That has just FCC + $400 deposit and I'd like to avoid this aggravation again

Just now, Ombud said:

In your professional opinion, is there any benefit to waiting for Princess to cancel on a cruise paid almost entirely with FCC? I'm asking because my April TA might not happen. That has just FCC + $400 deposit and I'd like to avoid this aggravation again

If it's FCC then no....that FCC goes back in your personalizer and you get no bonus with it (at least that is how it is now - it could change, but doubtful)

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I sometimes feel like this will never end. I've gone from having NOTHING for 6 months, to now having DOUBLE what I should have (dispute credits plus Princess refund) and can't seem to get it sorted.

My client (same March cruise) has FINALLY got back her EZ Air refund but still waiting on those FCCs....

I had a December 18 cruise booked. It didn't fall under the last pause. I just cancelled it as I didn't want to be thrown into another Pause and wait forever for a refund. My minimal refund ($100) and excursions ($80) was refunded within 10 days. I did cancel excursions first. I am not sure about you but even if your Hawaii cruise goes, I would not feel comfortable sailing in March. I would probably cancel it. I could care less about a double your deposit offer as I am not even sure I am going to use the FCC I received.

Yes - I just want this over. You would not believe what I had to sent to Princess to prove my case. Pretty bad treatment for an Elite cruiser.