Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

18 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

This is the last thing I want to do, lol. I still have over $5K worth of gift cards to try to use somewhere. Not sure I want to ever purchase anymore gift cards in this lifetime 😂

I agree with you for now.  But after this is over, we have to remember that is a once in a lifetime event.  The odds of having these kinds of problems again are slim.  So myself, not for now, but I won't say never again.  (Yes, I do have a bunch of $$$ in gift cards tied up for now. And with goodwill Future Cruise Credits, and pretty much all inclusive cruises now, they will be tough to use up.)  😉

• Like 1

Does anyone know how long does it usually takes for FCDs to be posted?

My Oct cruise was cancelled like almost two months ago now and just waiting for the FCD to book another cruise. C'mon Princess, it's not even costing you any cash outflow!

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang

2 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

Does anyone know how long does it usually takes for FCDs to be posted?

My Oct cruise was cancelled like almost two months ago now and just waiting for the FCD to book another cruise. C'mon Princess, it's not even costing you any cash outflow!

Michael

They gave affected folks up until August 31st to choose if they wanted a FCC or a cash refund, so my guess is that it's gonna be a while.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

They gave affected folks up until August 31st to choose if they wanted a FCC or a cash refund, so my guess is that it's gonna be a while.

That's true, but I thought after half year of doing the same thing at least FCDs can be done quicker - that does not involve any cash outflow and I thought they might have developed some sort of processes to enable batch processings in a few clicks.

At my company (which is also heavily impacted by travel and cruise shutdown) our credit to customers are applied far quicker than PCL! Although granted we're far smaller than PCL is

Cheers,

Michael

@eamondzhang

First you need to decide if you are talking about FCD   Future cruise deposits

or FCC   Future cruise Credits.   They are handled differently by different

departments so if you are contacting Princess you need to get it right. 🙂

else it will only delay things further.

Edited by Aulanis

On 9/15/2020 at 3:38 PM, voljeep said:

just in time for the new Princess gift card offer !! 🍷 🥃 🍸

National Family Day is September 26. Celebrate by giving the gift of adventures ahead. This exclusive offer gives you a $50 bonus gift card to use through the end of next year — lots of time to plan a dream family vacation together! Princess gift cards can be used toward a cruise packed with family-friendly entertainment and activities, Discovery™️ shore excursions, onboard gifts and more. It's the perfect way to create lasting memories with the ones you love

Please be very cautious about retaining or buying gift cards.  If you spend an hour or so reviewing Princess' SEC filings you might come to the same conclusion I have.

The cash from Gift cards like prepayments and deposits on cruises go directly to the cash account at Carnival.  The cash is used for general corporate purposes, not your cruise.  An accounting entry is made that is reduced as your specific sailing progresses.  If it happens, your sailing will likely be paid for by deposits and payments on someone else's cruise.

Here's where this gets dicey.  Carnival Corporation has so highly leveraged that they have had to encumber *ALL* corporate assets to obtain the loans.  CCL has placed the new loans in a priority senior position such that (in my opinion) it is unlikely they will have any funds available for customers in the event of covenant non-compliance, loan defaults,  or bankruptcy.

In the meantime they are pushing to book cruises (deposits look much higher than in the past) and sell gift cards.   This cash amounts to FREE LOANS for Carnival Corporation.

Regular folks have lost money to corporate bankruptcies before and I suspect it could happen again, especially in the current world-wide environment.   If given the option, take that cash and run.

Sidebar: Carnival brags about their cash on hand, but don't discuss related liabilities except in SEC filings.  They also say bookings are going well compared to previous years, but don't discuss what percentage of the bookings have been made using Future Cruise Credits (NON-CASH).

Be cautious.  It's *your* money.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, as400guy said:

They also say bookings are going well compared to previous years, but don't discuss what percentage of the bookings have been made using Future Cruise Credits (NON-CASH).

I just spoke with a TA I've known and trusted for many years, and they say that currently, about 50% of new bookings are putting down cash deposits instead of FCCs, with that number being lower earlier in the year when the FCCs were first issued.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 5:15 PM, CarelessAndConfused said:

Wow!  This is still going on.  Can someone just let me know the general sailing date ranges of what's still not refunded.  I mean are they still behind on the pause cancellation refunds from March and May?

FYI: March 7 cruise to MX out of Long Beach canx at 8pm while all pax still at terminal on departure day. Received automatic complete refund for 3 minis by March 21. They did it a cabin at a time, first taxes, then pre-paid excursions, then cabins. Submitted paperwork on March 8 for complimentary 1-night refund for hotel stay in Long Beach area while at an Anaheim-Disneyland area hotel. Received refund just one week ago, on 9/9/2020. 

• Like 1

Our FCCs from a Pause 4 December cruise that was cancelled in July showed up yesterday.

Since Pause 4 cruisers had until August 31 to decide between FCCs or a refund, I did not expect Pause 4 processing to start until September 1. So it was less than three weeks after processing started for Pause 4 cancellations that our FCCs showed up.

But the cruise is still showing up in the Personalizer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Our FCCs from a Pause 4 December cruise that was cancelled in July showed up yesterday.

Since Pause 4 cruisers had until August 31 to decide between FCCs or a refund, I did not expect Pause 4 processing to start until September 1. So it was less than three weeks after processing started for Pause 4 cancellations that our FCCs showed up.

But the cruise is still showing up in the Personalizer.

#ustoo ... now just have to get a $ 50 apiece "passenger relations" ( from NRD when first booked ) back into our account and not applied to our cancelled Thanksgiving cruise

I'll email our PVP later today to update status

good news, and the double deposit not paid in full worked out well for us, at least so far

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Our phase 4 cancellation FCCs are in our accounts as well, dated 9/17. Book By 05/01/22 and Sail By 05/01/22.

All is well.

Our FCC has now been "automagically" applied to our future cruise booked for 4/2021 up to the amount of cruise fare, not deposit needed.

we just owe port fees, tax, and Princess travel insurance ... a little over $ 400 due mid-February 

let's hope it goes

• Like 2

our cancelled cruise ( 7/22 pause 4 ) is now off our Personalizer and a $ 50 each Passenger Relations credit is now in our cruise credit account, that credit expires 5/27/21 ( 1 year from when we went from a NRD to a new promotion with a refundable deposit

I guess we've already maxed out FCC up to cruise fare and it will remain in our account in some fashion, but at least we want it applied first , and increase our FCC that expires 5/2022

• Like 1

17 hours ago, voljeep said:

our cancelled cruise ( 7/22 pause 4 ) is now off our Personalizer and a $ 50 each Passenger Relations credit is now in our cruise credit account, that credit expires 5/27/21 ( 1 year from when we went from a NRD to a new promotion with a refundable deposit

I guess we've already maxed out FCC up to cruise fare and it will remain in our account in some fashion, but at least we want it applied first , and increase our FCC that expires 5/2022

Done - now just a matter of waiting to see if that ship (CB) actually sails - a price drop would be nice, as it would increase FCC for a potential cruise in 12/2021

also need to contact our PVP and notify her of no upgrades to a Mini, ( don't like the shower/tub combo ) but would 'deal with it' if upgraded to a club class mini or SUITE !!

stay safe

stay hydrated

• Like 3

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Done - now just a matter of waiting to see if that ship (CB) actually sails - a price drop would be nice, as it would increase FCC for a potential cruise in 12/2021

also need to contact our PVP and notify her of no upgrades to a Mini, ( don't like the shower/tub combo ) but would 'deal with it' if upgraded to a club class mini or SUITE !!

stay safe

stay hydrated

We have to agree, we are in our 70's and that tub is an accident waiting to happen.  We always had a minisuite until we took a cruise with a fantastic itinerary, 64 days, Sydney to New York through the Suez Canal, lots of rough seas, which we enjoy.  Minisuites were sold out.  We took a balcony rather than nothing.  And haven't gone back to the minisuite.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

We have to agree, we are in our 70's and that tub is an accident waiting to happen.  We always had a minisuite until we took a cruise with a fantastic itinerary, 64 days, Sydney to New York through the Suez Canal, lots of rough seas, which we enjoy.  Minisuites were sold out.  We took a balcony rather than nothing.  And haven't gone back to the minisuite.

I upgraded from a balcony to a mini-suite. Was the tub the only drawback?? 

After 6 months of going back and forth with Princess, we have finally resolved the FCC for the cruise that we were supposed to take on March 14.   There were two attempts by Princess to post the correct FCC(which was 225% of the base fare), but finally go it right!

While that were very nice through the whole process, I must admit I was starting to question the intent.   I guess it takes a little patience and continual checking with them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tert333 said:

After 6 months of going back and forth with Princess, we have finally resolved the FCC for the cruise that we were supposed to take on March 14.   There were two attempts by Princess to post the correct FCC(which was 225% of the base fare), but finally go it right!

While that were very nice through the whole process, I must admit I was starting to question the intent.   I guess it takes a little patience and continual checking with them.

I think Princess was the only one that offered the 225% and I am so happy they did. Received a complete refund and a FCC of $1,904.00 I booked a 7 night for June 5, 2021 on the Caribbean Princess. My out of pocket was $225.00 basically the Port and Tax. What a deal!

• Like 1