Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Our cruise was just cancelled on 1/6/21, with a 'decision date of 2/15/21 for refund or let it ride

I've got a wait of at least 60 days from today - no biggie until I need to decide about a Discovery cruise being changed to Regal for 12/21

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I emailed my PVP MaryR and asked her :Can any of the OBC from the canceled TA be moved to this one? That booking # was (they were from ships being redeployed) and she said: 

"No sorry, that’s one of the cancelled bookings that are ‘frozen’.   We have to wait for staff in another dept to work them and release everything from those cancelled bookings.

Hopefully soon….."

so I may have 950 still coming 🤑

Did your cancellation letter say that you can keep your OBC?  I was under the impression that OBC was not transferable to a new reservation --- at least this was the case in my last 3 Princess cancellations.

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Did your cancellation letter say that you can keep your OBC?  I was under the impression that OBC was not transferable to a new reservation --- at least this was the case in my last 3 Princess cancellations.

OBC as part of a promotion is not transferable but this isn't part of a promotion. Nor is it part of a mass cancelation. 

I booked the Enchanted for a TA and it was canceled when the ship was delayed. So I got 100 Goodwill OBC to let my deposit ride & book again.  So I booked the 2nd Enchanted TA which got canceled (not related to pandemic, redeployed to just the Mediterranean) and got 200 Goodwill OBC to book another Europe or TA. So I booked the Sky TA and it got canceled when redeployed to cover Crown TA scheduled so 400 Goodwill OBC to rebook either Europe or a TA. So I rebooked a different Enchanted TA and now that's canceled.  I doubt I'll get any this time as I got 125% deposit as FCC.

The other 250 OBC is the Shareholders OBC, which I will get

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

Our cruise was just cancelled on 1/6/21, with a 'decision date of 2/15/21 for refund or let it ride

I've got a wait of at least 60 days from today - no biggie until I need to decide about a Discovery cruise being changed to Regal for 12/21

Or 15 days after 

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

...  'decision date of 2/15/21 for refund or let it ride .... 

Come back and let us know which one it is

Edited by Ombud

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

OBC as part of a promotion is not transferable but this isn't part of a promotion. Nor is it part of a mass cancelation. 

I booked the Enchanted for a TA and it was canceled when the ship was delayed. So I got 100 Goodwill OBC to let my deposit ride & book again.  So I booked the 2nd Enchanted TA which got canceled (not related to pandemic, redeployed to just the Mediterranean) and got 200 Goodwill OBC to book another Europe or TA. So I booked the Sky TA and it got canceled when redeployed to cover Crown TA scheduled so 400 Goodwill OBC to rebook either Europe or a TA. So I rebooked a different Enchanted TA and now that's canceled.  I doubt I'll get any this time as I got 125% deposit as FCC.

The other 250 OBC is the Shareholders OBC, which I will get

WOW, I thought my cancellations were the pits -- I feel for you. 

Used cancelled cruise funds (OBC) for a cruise that will likely be cancelled. I suspect I will just get back what I put in when that happens, the same credit, no additional. I will not pay for anything in full until cruising resumes. If things are still unclear prior to final payment, I will cancel. It's too risky for me. 

We were lucky in receiving the money back from a different cruise that was cancelled in a relatively decent amount of time, by sail date, September 2020 

Edited by jennybenny
Wanted to clarify that we used OBC.

2 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

WOW, I thought my cancellations were the pits -- I feel for you. 

I also had:

> Grand Princess 3/22/20 canceled- 5 months to resolve

> Grand Princess 3/29/20 canceled - 4.5 months to resolve 

> Majestic Princess Hong Kong to Sydney canceled - resolved same timeline but only gift cards so not in a hurry

> Alaska cruise August 2020 canceled 

Yep. It's been a rough year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I also had:

> Grand Princess 3/22/20 canceled- 5 months to resolve bonus FCC 

> Majestic Princess Hong Kong to Sydney canceled - resolved same timeline but only gift cards so not in a hurry

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I also had:

> Grand Princess 3/22/20 canceled- 5 months to resolve

Yikes! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I have checked every square inch of my profile and do not see anything other than the $200.  There is nothing that shows active other than the $200.  All the other FCCs still show as being applied to my cancelled cruise and do not show an active status. 

Not all FCC postings from a cancelled cruise are done on the same day.

Don't know why, but that is what often happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

I remain optimistic 😌 I know there are those who will be dismayed that I have 2 cruises booked just in case the 1st one is canceled.  Looking for an end to my bad luck 20210114_175330.thumb.jpg.63fe4845e32e345e3c8a00d69d254eff.jpg

I also like to be optimistic with booking 2 cruises, now I would like to book another Papua New Guinea cruise for November 2022 in case ours in November 2021 is cancelled. However this other one isn’t with Princess. I think my husband thinks I’m nuts, but I’m a glass half full type of person. 

I wish I could have a list like this one. Leave from work isn’t a problem as I have tonnes built up and getting told to take time off isn’t the worst problem to have 😎.

Way back in time we had a cruise (scheduled April 2020) cancelled on 29 Feb 2020. For these early cruises we were able to submit claims for out of pocket expenses that were non refundable. In early April my TA submitted the claim and yesterday I was told that my cheque had been posted. Finally.

Another issue that my TA advised me of today is that we have about $2000 FCC from this cruise that was cancelled. My Cruise Personaliser indicates that I have to sail by 1 May 2022 to utilise this FCC, however my TA advised today that I have to book a cruise by 28 Feb2021 or this FCC will be lost. That is easy enough but it might be worth checking if you have FCC if there is a booking deadline. The dates on the use of FCC have changed a few times but I was not aware of the booking deadline.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Has anyone else noticed this and gotten it extended? I had it on a cruise but the cruise was canceled by Princess. That's only 600 of it, the other 100 is 'safe' as apparently the 20210115_103729.thumb.jpg.859eeca80383a9fa57602f961a3847c1.jpg15 is. 

Interesting Ombud.

On my Personaliser it is set out different to your screenshot above. In the "Expires" column my FCD says book by 11/22/21 and my FCC says sail by 5/1/22 and has no mention of a date to book by. Many of us dumb Aussies might fall for that!😬

11 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Interesting Ombud.

On my Personaliser it is set out different to your screenshot above. In the "Expires" column my FCD says book by 11/22/21 and my FCC says sail by 5/1/22 and has no mention of a date to book by. Many of us dumb Aussies might fall for that!😬

This is OBC from 2 ships being redeployed not as part of any promotion, not FCC or FCD. I'm emailing kbaldwin@princesscruises.com if PVP has any issue transferring it to another cruise

Monies hit my credit card this morning (showing a date of Jan 14).

We had our April 2021 cruise cancelled in November.  I asked a cash refund.  We had made the deposit with our FCC purchased on board with another cruise.

The FCC showed up 10 days ago.  I had called princess to see when the money would be returned to the credit card, one person said "don't know and the other called me and said good news it has been sent.   

We now have until 10/2021 to rebook a cruise and use the FCC.

We have until March 2021 to rebook a cruise and get all the perks we had with the cancelled cruise, which we will probably due next month

• Like 1

With so many on this thread with FCC .... Do you know if you receive a FCC if this can be applied to another cruise that is already booked? 

Just want to be prepared if our cruise is cancelled in November 2021 and I receive a FCC.

1 hour ago, Loki S said:

With so many on this thread with FCC .... Do you know if you receive a FCC if this can be applied to another cruise that is already booked? 

Just want to be prepared if our cruise is cancelled in November 2021 and I receive a FCC.

Yes, it can...but requires a call to Princess as the creation date of the FCC will need to be changed if the booking was made prior to the FCC being created. I have done this for 2 of my FCCs and will need to do it again for the new FCCs from cruises that were recently cancelled.

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yes, it can...but requires a call to Princess as the creation date of the FCC will need to be changed if the booking was made prior to the FCC being created. I have done this for 2 of my FCCs and will need to do it again for the new FCCs from cruises that were recently cancelled.

Thank you for confirming. If I need to do this I’ll make the request to our PVP to action.

Make sure to check all your paperwork against your new FCCs.  Princess just finished giving me all my FCCs for my cancelled 14-day cruise.  However, the person processing the paperwork failed to give me back my FCD and it still shows as being applied to my Princess-cancelled cruise (which just fell off my Personalizer a few hours ago.)  I was working with my TA who was on line with Princess to settle the whole matter when they got disconnected:  time for Princess rep to go home and the phone went dead with my agent on the other line.  Will call back tomorrow and finish up the loose ends.  It pays to keep paperwork from one cruise to the next just in case something falls through the cracks.  Next, looking for my shore excursions, water package and port taxes and fees to be refunded back to my credit card (hopefully, that will follow soon.)  Processing of my FCCS took about 60 days to process.

• Like 1

Just a follow-up to my prior message.  After Princess dropped my TA's call last night I call my TA back again today.  3 hours later and two phone calls, I am all squared away with my FCCs.  THANK goodness I had all my prior FCC numbers available as Princess made multiple mistakes when it came to applying them to my Majestic cruise.  FCCs that showed as available and credited to my Majestic were actually NOT available as they had already been applied to another booking.  My FCCs under my Cruise Personalizer was NOT correct as it showed.  We got it all straightened out but what a waste of time.  My TA said that this is not the first time this type of situation has happened.  Hope everyone that is waiting for refunds has an easier time than I did. 

• Like 1