Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

18 minutes ago, trrn2016 said:

Would you share? I thought I had it but cant find it now. Filing credit card dispute. Thanks so much.

Here is a screenshot.  Hope it helps in what you are looking for.

princessform7.png

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

Really glad I printed out the previous version of this page! Might be helpful when I file our credit card dispute after 60 days.

And I agree that it stinks.

Still says 60 days in the FAQ. They probably haven’t got around to redacting it yet.

i cancelled cruises for late August and September yesterday. I asked my TA how long it would take to get my deposit back. 
Do you have an idea how long Princess is going to take to process the refunds? Will I be getting a confirmation?

It takes up to 60 to 90 days. 
There is no confirmation, you can go to your booking and it will be
cancelled or just dissappear”

Edited by billco

This extension of voluntary pause (which I originally saved on 4/14) can still be found on the Princess web site here

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/extension-voluntary-pause-2020.pdf

Alternately I found it on the site under News Release - APril 14th, then select the link for details about cancelled cruises which brings you to the "Information on Impacted & cancelled cruise which has been updated today 4/29. Then I selected the PDF details for Summer 2020 Cruises & Cruisetours Departing May 11 – June 30, 2020 and Beyond

This notice is almost word for word the email I received on 4/14 - the only thing missing is the listing of impacted cruises. Note after the chart listing the 2 options this paragraph. The bolded  and underlining are mine:

"Given the volume of requests and the care being dedicated to make sure each booking is handled accurately, it may take up to 60 days from the date we receive your preference for refunds and FCCs to be processed. Please allow sufficient time for us to manage this process and know we are issuing them in order based on the original sailing date and doing everything in our power to expedite where possible"

Extension of voluntary pause of our global ship operations.pdf

I only pop in on this thread occasionally and have read several responses, those who want refunds not getting any money refunded, and I did get my FCC a week ago, like many,   But this is starting to remind me of the olden days when travel agencies started shuttering left and right       

Back in the 90s,  and I worked in court and we would have these cases coming in where mom and Pop travel agencies folded because they were taking money and I think they put it into something called the Apollo system  

Or they were supposed to put it into Apollo? anyway people would put their deposits on trips and then the travel agencies would be short on money because they misappropriated the money and then somehow they came up short and couldn’t give everybody what they paid for and then they shut down business overnight, ie,  they would be taking deposits for large tour groups for example but not putting the money into the proper repository.

Anyway, I’m not trying to be an alarmist, but this is the kind of scamming behavior that those travel agencies pulled.   People would come into court and testify that they paid their trips in full in good faith, with the expectation that they would get to go on their trips,  but all the while the travel agency was misappropriating funds and applying it to other things , and I am sorry, this whole thing with Princess feels fraudulent at this point.   If they had even given SOME people a refund, it would show good faith.  

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Aulanis said:

It has been posted that in Canada you have to wait 60 days before you can dispute

a charge on your credit card.  Insurance is not usually a requirement.  Maybe google

"(name of card issued)   dispute application"

It is important that you confirm the time line with your credit card (cc) company.  I am in Canada and in contrast to what Aulanis posted, my cc company told me that I have 60 days from the date my travel should have started to file a dispute.  So, if I wait out the 60 days Princess says it might take to process my refund (or it could 90 days!!) then I will be out of luck as it will be too late to file a cc dispute.

Different cc have different dispute policies so please make sure you know what you can do before you decide to wait out the time period Princess is talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

I filed credit card disputes today on 2 Princess cancelled cruises. 

Ive already waited 60 days, to hear it might be

Another 60 days?  Is beyond......

if they owed me money at this point I would do the same. Enough is enough!  

• Like 1

Princess is working on our March 26 transatlantic cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome now.  I took Option 2, and received an email yesterday showing what would be reimbursed for the cruise and the calculated amount of future cruise credits I would receive. When I spoke with Princess to get more clarity, I was told that the cash reimbursement would happen in the next 60 days or earlier from April 2020 (June 2020, or earlier.)  Princess said they definitely had the money, but that the number of canceled cruises was why it's taking so long.   Friends I was going to cruise with chose Option 1, and they received their FCC, but it was short by some.  When they called Princess, they were told it would be corrected.

7 hours ago, magdeliene said:

This extension of voluntary pause (which I originally saved on 4/14) can still be found on the Princess web site here

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/extension-voluntary-pause-2020.pdf

Alternately I found it on the site under News Release - APril 14th, then select the link for details about cancelled cruises which brings you to the "Information on Impacted & cancelled cruise which has been updated today 4/29. Then I selected the PDF details for Summer 2020 Cruises & Cruisetours Departing May 11 – June 30, 2020 and Beyond

This notice is almost word for word the email I received on 4/14 - the only thing missing is the listing of impacted cruises. Note after the chart listing the 2 options this paragraph. The bolded  and underlining are mine:

"Given the volume of requests and the care being dedicated to make sure each booking is handled accurately, it may take up to 60 days from the date we receive your preference for refunds and FCCs to be processed. Please allow sufficient time for us to manage this process and know we are issuing them in order based on the original sailing date and doing everything in our power to expedite where possible"

Extension of voluntary pause of our global ship operations.pdf 251.9 kB · 1 download

Thanks. Just saved it before it goes away.

9 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Now we have two pieces of "proof" that Princess originally promised refunds within 60 days of the time we chose an Option.

I am waiting until 5/5, which is my 60 days, and then I am ready to file a credit card dispute. 

1 minute ago, trrn2016 said:

I am waiting until 5/5, which is my 60 days, and then I am ready to file a credit card dispute. 

I will be a couple of days behind you. 

If they would just start issuing ANY refunds, that would show us that they really will give us our money back.  Why do they not understand that? 

I would think processing refunds would be a lot less complicated for them than dealing with thousands of credit card disputes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Princess is working on our March 26 transatlantic cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome now.  I took Option 2, and received an email yesterday showing what would be reimbursed for the cruise and the calculated amount of future cruise credits I would receive. When I spoke with Princess to get more clarity, I was told that the cash reimbursement would happen in the next 60 days or earlier from April 2020 (June 2020, or earlier.)  Princess said they definitely had the money, but that the number of canceled cruises was why it's taking so long.   Friends I was going to cruise with chose Option 1, and they received their FCC, but it was short by some.  When they called Princess, they were told it would be corrected.

And you believe them.....I really appreciate your share but why has no one else in all this time on CC regarding their refund received the same or similar information, email or promise?  

It is so sad but they are now scamming people it appears from what other have posted.  IMHO  they cannot be trusted now and this will come back to hurt them in the end.  They definitely are playing a shell game and the paid in full Option #2  passengers are losing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

We had a March 22 cruise and selected option 2.  We have not gotten any email, nor have we been refunded.  However, our FCC is showing in my and my husband's accounts.  

The fact that people who selected the same option are being treated differently  (i.e., some have gotten their FCC, some have not, at least one person has an email but most do not) is troublesome.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, arcticprincess said:

Wow..so if you paid via Paypal to use a credit card safely rather than give credit card info to Princess, then checks are being issued rather than refund to card used on Paypal?  Geez.  I used multiple cards via Paypal for the $50k total for the 3 btb cruises.  

IDK why giving credit card info to Princess is less secure than giving it to PayPal, but that would be another topic.  You should be happy (as in glass half-full) because you won't lose 50,000 in credit card points if a refund was processed.  You can cash the check and use it to pay off credit card balances, keeping your points (assuming you earn points).

Anyone file a dispute with their Credit Card Company that had some of their money refunded earlier. When we cancelled a cruise March 5th(for an April 21 cruise) we were in the 50% penalty and got some of it refunded to credit card (a little less than half of what we paid) right away. Then on the 6th of March it was announced that all of us would get 100% back.I did file with insurance for the rest but as most know Insurance was all cancelled because Princess told the insurance company that they would also be reimbursing the insurance to all of us.

So my question is has anyone gotten money back when they cancelled and disputed a partial amount with their Credit card company. Don't know if I will dispute but wondering how that can work. Don't want to dispute the whole charge since I am not entitled to all of it.We took Option 2 and haven't heard from Princess except for the email confirmation.

I have not called Princess to see where they are with refunds since reading here see it is a waste of time.

2 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

And you believe them.....I really appreciate your share but why has no one else in all this time on CC regarding their refund received the same or similar information, email or promise?  

It is so sad but they are now scamming people it appears from what other have posted.  IMHO  they cannot be trusted now and this will come back to hurt them in the end.  They definitely are playing a shell game and the paid in full Option #2  passengers are losing.

I haven't received the refund yet--just a calculation of what it will be if and when it is paid.  I don't know if it makes a difference, but I returned my request for Option 2 a few minutes after having received the March 12 notification about the cancellations.  My friends also returned their notifications very quickly.

11 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Anyone file a dispute with their Credit Card Company that had some of their money refunded earlier. When we cancelled a cruise March 5th(for an April 21 cruise) we were in the 50% penalty and got some of it refunded to credit card (a little less than half of what we paid) right away. Then on the 6th of March it was announced that all of us would get 100% back.I did file with insurance for the rest but as most know Insurance was all cancelled because Princess told the insurance company that they would also be reimbursing the insurance to all of us.

So my question is has anyone gotten money back when they cancelled and disputed a partial amount with their Credit card company. Don't know if I will dispute but wondering how that can work. Don't want to dispute the whole charge since I am not entitled to all of it.We took Option 2 and haven't heard from Princess except for the email confirmation.

I have not called Princess to see where they are with refunds since reading here see it is a waste of time.

Our case near identical . Got 50% back right away, filed AON claim, that was processed and closed saying Princess was handling it. Also chose Option 2.

I won’t file a CC claim as I have faith that Princess will eventually get to my refund. Yes, it’s over $4000 but given the unprecedented world we live in and that businesses are trying to ‘work ‘ in, I’m okay being patient. 
I’ve been cruising  with them for ?35 years and 20+ cruises and hope to again ‘next year’.

30 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

You are in the same place we are. Cancelled our 4/18 cruise I think it was 3/10 when we were at the 50% penalty and also had the Princess insurance. Two days later, I think is when they came out with the option #1 & #2, and the travel agent asked us what we wanted to do, and we took option #2. Princess credited back to our credit card, the amount for taxes/port charges, and the amount for the Princess insurance, and around 50% of the fare.

Numbers were a little hard to figure out, and we were waiting for a CC credit like many, until about a month ago. We didn't like the way this was looking and decided not to wait, so disputed the balance, as Citi ask us how much of the original charge we wanted to dispute when I did it online. Seems like the total Princess charge was around $3500 at final payment, and they credited us something like $1500 when we cancelled. We took the difference in the two amounts and that is what we disputed, so when it gets settled, it will net to zero. It's still a conditional credit until I think  6/12, as they have 60 days to respond, but wanted to get it going. The deposit was refundable, and were FCC's, and those went back immediately. 

20 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Our case near identical . Got 50% back right away, filed AON claim, that was processed and closed saying Princess was handling it. Also chose Option 2.

I won’t file a CC claim as I have faith that Princess will eventually get to my refund. Yes, it’s over $4000 but given the unprecedented world we live in and that businesses are trying to ‘work ‘ in, I’m okay being patient. 
I’ve been cruising  with them for ?35 years and 20+ cruises and hope to again ‘next year’.

Thank you for your response. I am planning on waiting as well.It will be 60 days soon. We are also very long time Princess cruisers  and I feel bad for them but Carnival Corp has much deeper pockets than any of us. Fortunately for us, we are not strapped for cash in these awful times but it is still our money.  There are posters here not as fortunate. Hope we can see some cash being returned soon so our faith in our favorite cruise line is restored.

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

You seem to be doing much better than virtually everyone else.  Certainly doesn't speak well of Princess.

So disappointed that they have not been more transparent with their loyal customers.  When they canceled our cruise they also canceled our Princess Vacation Protection Plan that we purchased which means they might have some financial connection to this insurance company too and did not want to see large sums of money refunded through PVPP.