Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

9 hours ago, Bgwest said:

To paraphrase Smoky, it appears the Luv(er) has gone out of your relationship!

Lol....yes, their lack of a timely refund process has made me go from feeling like a Princessluver to a Princessluzer!!  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 3

They are just holding out until it's confirmed they can't cruise their ships out of the US for the next six month. Once that happens they will file for bankruptcy and we will all be SOL on getting our refunds.  

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

They are just holding out until it's confirmed they can't cruise their ships out of the US for the next six month. Once that happens they will file for bankruptcy and we will all be SOL on getting our refunds.  

Wow .. just wow... and you know this how?

I suspect that they are handling like this like some companies handle other payments for cash flow purposes. That is that they process and approve the payments, but set the actual payment date in the computer according to the vendor terms.  For example if a company buys under vendor terms of 2% net 30, the payment might be approved when the product is received, but the actual date the payment is set in the computer to be released would be a date just prior to the 30 day level to get the discount.

I think that Princess is doing the same thing here.  They are having people go through and approve the refunds, but setting the actual refund date as far as they can in the future but still be in line with their now stated policy.  So they might actually have processed ones refund paper work a month ago, but set the actual payment date to be just before the 60 day policy date.

• Like 2

FYI - received this in a TA email from Princess this morning:

"Just want to say – we hear you. We know you have clients out there waiting for refunds on bookings cancelled by Princess as part of our global pause of ship operations. Rest assured, we are doing everything in our power to get it to them as soon as possible!

To that end, I wanted you to know that emails are currently being deployed to your affected clients, confirming receipt of their refund request and asking for their patience as we process the large volume of requests received. Please note this is not an automated process. Each request requires a thorough manual review that is further complicated by the “stay-at-home” orders. Additionally, refunds are being processed by sailing date of cancelled voyages with the earliest departures being processed first.

We know these have been trying times and we will continue to do everything we can to support you and your clients, as we navigate through these extraordinary circumstances.

Thank you for your ongoing support!"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

"Just want to say – we hear you. We know you have clients out there waiting for refunds on bookings cancelled by Princess as part of our global pause of ship operations. Rest assured, we are doing everything in our power to get it to them as soon as possible!

To that end, I wanted you to know that emails are currently being deployed to your affected clients, confirming receipt of their refund request and asking for their patience as we process the large volume of requests received. Please note this is not an automated process. Each request requires a thorough manual review that is further complicated by the “stay-at-home” orders. Additionally, refunds are being processed by sailing date of cancelled voyages with the earliest departures being processed first.

We know these have been trying times and we will continue to do everything we can to support you and your clients, as we navigate through these extraordinary circumstances.

Thanks for sharing that...as many of us believed Princess is slogging through the refunds one by one. I see they mention it is NOT an automated process so obviously they are well aware of all the speculation and chest thumping that has been all over social media. 100,000 passengers were affected by the First Pause. That is a lot of one on one to go through.

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Rubbish.....I do not believe a word of it.....they are stalling/stealing....not processing anything.....and keep putting out random communications to TA's, their webpage and their FB page to make it seem the are understanding and working hard.  Only vague excuses.  Why haven't they hired more people to process refunds?  Certainly not everyone at Princess are now swamped with cruise bookings and could be shifted to processing refunds.

How much effort does it take to know a person paid $10,000 for a cruise and needs their $10,000 back....what's to check.  

To me another interesting fact is in the new poll on Princess CC "no one" has yet indicated they have received a refund for those who chose Option #2 on March 12, 2020.  Surely, if they are working so hard they could easily have had a 7 day Mexico or Caribbean cruise processed by that was scheduled to cruise in early March 2020.

I have not received any email from Princess even though I have emailed them and called.  What does 'ASAP' mean?  June, July, August, September, Never?

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 4

My sail date was 4/25/20, I picked option 2 on 3/16/20 and got a receipt email from Princess, I got my  FCC on 4/23/20, but no refund for my paid excursion and on board reservations,  and of course, not a dime for my cruise fares either.   I just do not understand, since they have already gone thru my accounts (me and my hubby) and given us FCCs, why can't they process the refund at the same time?  Are they going to have a different group of people, going through thousands of accounts AGAIN and process cash refund?  I don't understand the rationale behind these🤷‍♀️

I think I will wait till 5/16/20 and maybe try to talk to Chase; this will be another headache for me I am sure. 😡

The way Princess handle our refund is pretty uncool in my book now 😡

3 hours ago, npcl said:

I suspect that they are handling like this like some companies handle other payments for cash flow purposes. That is that they process and approve the payments, but set the actual payment date in the computer according to the vendor terms.  For example if a company buys under vendor terms of 2% net 30, the payment might be approved when the product is received, but the actual date the payment is set in the computer to be released would be a date just prior to the 30 day level to get the discount.

I think that Princess is doing the same thing here.  They are having people go through and approve the refunds, but setting the actual refund date as far as they can in the future but still be in line with their now stated policy.  So they might actually have processed ones refund paper work a month ago, but set the actual payment date to be just before the 60 day policy date.

I agree with you. I believe many refunds have been processed but not yet release. When I got my refund from Carnival last week, it was dated March 28th. It hit my credit card April 20th and I would have missed it had I not noticed my balance owing was significantly less!

6 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

"Just want to say – we hear you. We know you have clients out there waiting for refunds on bookings cancelled by Princess as part of our global pause of ship operations. Rest assured, we are doing everything in our power to get it to them as soon as possible!  ...……………...

If they spent more time processing refunds and less time trying to assure us that they are working so hard we would all have our refunds by now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At this point even if they do eventually make refunds for canceled cruises, the damage they have done to their reputation is beyond repair.  We are waiting for a $12,000 refund, and I'm not sure I will ever risk that amount of money again.  The trust is gone.

• Like 4

Just received this email. Unfortunately my husband, who has his own member number and was booked in a separate cabin (due to our kids) has not received the email.  So that makes me worry he is not in their queue.  I guess I will need to call...again. 

20200501_210159.jpg

Edited by jat1977
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jat1977 said:

Just received this email. Unfortunately my husband, who has his own member number and was booked in a separate cabin (due to our kids) has not received the email.  So that makes me worry he is not in their queue.  I guess I will need to call...again. 

20200501_210159.jpg

I'm happy to see this - though I haven't received one yet (lol). This type of email should have been sent out weeks ago, with frequent follow ups. I have no doubt that Princess will make good on what they promised, but they definitely could have handled it better. Someone else mentioned that the damage has been done - sadly, I believe that will be true for many of their former customer base. I fully intend to stick with them and already have 2 cruises booked in full suites next year but I'm thinking that they may have burned a few too many bridges with this situation.

5 hours ago, mfajxc99 said:

My sail date was 4/25/20, I picked option 2 on 3/16/20 and got a receipt email from Princess, I got my  FCC on 4/23/20, but no refund for my paid excursion and on board reservations,  and of course, not a dime for my cruise fares either.   I just do not understand, since they have already gone thru my accounts (me and my hubby) and given us FCCs, why can't they process the refund at the same time?  Are they going to have a different group of people, going through thousands of accounts AGAIN and process cash refund?  I don't understand the rationale behind these🤷‍♀️

I think I will wait till 5/16/20 and maybe try to talk to Chase; this will be another headache for me I am sure. 😡

The way Princess handle our refund is pretty uncool in my book now 😡

Very easy to dispute with Chase. Just log in to your account and go to transactions. Once you find the Princess charge just click dispute and answer 3 questions. You’ll have your money In 2 days 🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jat1977 said:

20200501_210159.jpg

The only issue is they do not mention any time line at all. We are over 7 weeks and not one single person has received a refund from the March 12th date. They are NOT doing everything in their power. 

Edited by WNcruiser
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Very easy to dispute with Chase. Just log in to your account and go to transactions. Once you find the Princess charge just click dispute and answer 3 questions. You’ll have your money In 2 days 🙂

I agree. I just cancelled a cruise that is sailing in September. I had put a $2300 deposit. My TA said it could take 60-90 days to get my deposit back. I disputed the charge. Chase has temporarily cleared the charge and interest for two billing cycles. If Princess doesn’t respond they will clear the charge.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm happy to see this - though I haven't received one yet (lol). This type of email should have been sent out weeks ago, with frequent follow ups. I have no doubt that Princess will make good on what they promised, but they definitely could have handled it better. Someone else mentioned that the damage has been done - sadly, I believe that will be true for many of their former customer base. I fully intend to stick with them and already have 2 cruises booked in full suites next year but I'm thinking that they may have burned a few too many bridges with this situation.

I don’t think the issue will be sticking with Princess as much as it will be sticking with cruising, since similar discussions seem to be happening on most of the other cruise line forums.

15 minutes ago, billco said:

I don’t think the issue will be sticking with Princess as much as it will be sticking with cruising, since similar discussions seem to be happening on most of the other cruise line forums.

Well, maybe this will all even out - those that are mad with Princess might go to Celebrity, for example. Those made with Celebrity might move to Princess? Who knows. I know that I would be on a ship tomorrow if they were sailing - I have no worries about it at all, other than what it might look like in the future. I try not to think about it as it makes me sad - Canada, for instance, is saying that there will be no large gatherings for 12-18 months.....what is cruising if it's not a large gathering? Sigh...

On 3/14/2020 at 11:58 AM, partybarbie said:

I filled out the form around 7:00 am on 3/12.  I picked option #1.  Our cruise was supposed to leave on 4/21/19.  As of this morning, we have received nothing back. Our TA was able to contact Princess on our behalf, and she was told that it can take up to 30 days to process the refunds/credits.  We wanted to reuse the funds to try and book a cruise in June, but since Canada has closed their ports, it probably wasn't going to happen anyway.  We have cruises booked for Oct. and next April, so we can use the credits to pay for those trips.  I'm hoping the port taxes will go back to our credit card as they were around $800.  It's really a mess. I'm guessing it will take awhile for Princess to get to everyone and those currently on ships will take priority. 

We picked option #1 on 3/12 while we were still ON the Coral Princess.  We got a "receipt" from Princess stating that they received our "choice".  And that's it....nothing, nada, zilch.  Today is May 1st and there has been no FCC added to our account.
Heck, we JUST received our folio yesterday almost a month after we got off the ship!!!  There are several mistakes on the folio that have to be rectified and a credit on our credit card. 
Pretty funny, that they want us to be patient....but a bogus $1200+ charge showed up on our credit card within a week of getting off the Coral!!

We didn't get the "thanks for your patience" re: refund email.  Hoping that doesn't mean that processing of our remaining refund has fallen in the cracks 😞

Edited by azbirdmom

Huh.., wonder why they didnt just send out that email to everyone that they sent the confirmation email when we applied for option 1 or 2. 
email gremlins?

hopeful at least that some see action .... maybe i will be next !! 🤞

17 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We didn't get the "thanks for your patience" re: refund email.  Hoping that doesn't mean that processing of our remaining refund has fallen in the cracks 😞

I did get the email. I feel like I have fallen through the cracks as I have yet to receive a cent from cancelling nor have I received a FCC.