Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

27 minutes ago, hm9912 said:

It is technically a credit card dispute for promised services that were not received and Barclay's Princess Visa gets the money back from Princess for a cancelled cruise.

Thanks for clarifying - so still no refund from Princess itself. Sigh.

Happy to hear you got your money back one way or another!

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

Nope.  They first said "up to 60 days" from the date they received our choice.  I have a screenshot from their website.

And now it is a moving target.  We have every right to be upset and I do think they are deliberately dragging their feet.

I will file a cc dispute next Wednesday, 62 days in.

Is there any way you can post a picture of the screen shot?

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

Nope.  They first said "up to 60 days" from the date they received our choice.  I have a screenshot from their website.

And now it is a moving target.  We have every right to be upset and I do think they are deliberately dragging their feet.

I will file a cc dispute next Wednesday, 62 days in.

Devils advocate here .. 60 calendar days or 60 business days? Most billing caveats use the phrase ‘5 to 7 business days’. Princess did not.

If business days , then add another 3 weeks or so to ‘60 day mark’ ( Plus stat holidays like Easter and May long weekend)

Edited by remydiva
More

16 minutes ago, 10s nut said:

LDVinNC

Is there any way you can post a picture of that screenshot?  Would be SO appreciated.

Thanks

I think someone else did it earlier in this thread, but I will try to do it later.

If we want to get specific, the policy in effect for pause 1 cancellations (March through May) was 30 days to process refunds and FCCs. Pause 2 changed to 60 days, but I never received any communication from Princess to advise me this 60 days applied to pause 1 as well. Princess arbitrarily decided to do this. Now they are not even giving a timeline. I will repeat that I DO believe eventually they will come through and give out what they owe. When they will do so is anyones guess. If they could just be upfront and have everyone on the same page, it would certainly help - they are really not doing anything to help themselves right now.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, 10s nut said:

Sorry.  My bad.  I was looking for the one that said it would be processed within 45-60 days. This is good though.  Many thanks.

Never saw anything about 45-60 days.  Of course, that does not mean they never said that!

42 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

If we want to get specific, the policy in effect for pause 1 cancellations (March through May) was 30 days to process refunds and FCCs. Pause 2 changed to 60 days, but I never received any communication from Princess to advise me this 60 days applied to pause 1 as well. Princess arbitrarily decided to do this. Now they are not even giving a timeline. I will repeat that I DO believe eventually they will come through and give out what they owe. When they will do so is anyones guess. If they could just be upfront and have everyone on the same page, it would certainly help - they are really not doing anything to help themselves right now.

Do you have any screenshot or email saying the 30 days processing time ?  I'd like to have a copy for my document.  Thanks in advance. 🙏  I just cannot believe Princess is doing this to us, I've got my refunds from United !!!! And, even from a small tour company in Italy (ItalyTours.eu) which I actually had doubt about it.... a big company like Princess.... this is unbelievable!!!!

I will file my dispute when my 60 days is up (5/16/20).... I think that's enough time for them. 

Janet

4 hours ago, remydiva said:

Maybe Howard went to front of the line cuz he used a PRINCESS Visa?!

Nooo! We use our Princess visa too and there is no front of the line for us. 
They have barely acknowledged our dispute for a portion of the charges Princess submitted.

1 minute ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

But they already have.  At least in my case.

How close together was the reverse payment, Princess may not even be aware of the chargeback yet

23 minutes ago, mfajxc99 said:

Do you have any screenshot or email saying the 30 days processing time ?  I'd like to have a copy for my document.  Thanks in advance. 🙏  I just cannot believe Princess is doing this to us, I've got my refunds from United !!!! And, even from a small tour company in Italy (ItalyTours.eu) which I actually had doubt about it.... a big company like Princess.... this is unbelievable!!!!

I will file my dispute when my 60 days is up (5/16/20).... I think that's enough time for them. 

Janet

Pause 1 - look down to where it says "Fine Print"

PCL+60_day+Pause+of+Global+Cruise+Operations+Memo+and+QA_form_20200312.pdf

5 minutes ago, antsp said:

My bet is once Princess flag the chargeback, can take upto 45 days, they will remove your fcc s

Why would they do that? Either way, they have to give you the refund, whether it's via chargeback or otherwise....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

Why would they do that? Either way, they have to give you the refund, whether it's via chargeback or otherwise....

I think the credit card company charge Princess fees for the reversal. 

9 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Exactly. Princess cancelled the cruise under certain conditions offered refund and FCC. They had their money for months. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, antsp said:

I think the credit card company charge Princess fees for the reversal. 

I read something like that too. Dont know if its a percentage or a particular dollar amount.  I'd think they want to process refund quicker as the chargebacks will add up quickly which wouldn't be good for their finance.