Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

2 hours ago, neska1212 said:

I cancelled just hours after getting the March 12 email detailing the choice between 1 and 2. I haven't gotten either the FCC or the refund. The person I spoke with on the phone said 90 days.

Now 90 days?  I thought Princess stated 60 days.  I understand they are busy right now with so many cancellations but 90 days makes one think they are just holding onto our money for as long as they can.  And, not distributing the FCC's is more about bringing in new money rather than just using money we should already have in the bank.  I can be patient and understanding but stretching it out further and further isn't very reassuring.  

• Like 1

FWIW our cruise was cancelled by Princess on 3/7 while we waited at the terminal to board - some 8 hrs after we got there ready to board. We received every penny back automatically on 3/11 and 3/12, including all cabin fares, pre-paid gratuities, specialty dining reservations, and the 2 or 3 excursions we pre-booked. Every single penny, credited on a per-cabin or booking # basis (we had 3 separate bookings/mini's for 7 pax). We also got a FCC of equal value to the cancelled cruise for each of the 7 passengers thru 3/31/2021.  However, the $300 per each of our 3 bookings we were promised to defray the cost of 1 night's hotel in the area has yet to come, even though we faxed AND mailed those on 3/8, or the day after the cancellation. So, that's the only delay we are experiencing. Our 7 FCC's are still reflected in our accounts' FCC page.

Edited by PRNole47

On 3/23/2020 at 9:26 AM, ceilidh1 said:

No refund for me.

Don't know if you received an answer yet or not, but YES, we received every penny back automatically to our credit card just 4 and 5 days after cancellation, including all cabin fares, pre-paid gratuities, specialty dining reservations, and the 2 or 3 excursions we pre-booked. Every single penny, credited on a per-cabin or booking # basis (we had 3 separate bookings/mini's for 7 pax). FWIW, our cruise was cancelled by Princess on 3/7 while we waited at the terminal to board - some 8 hrs after we got there ready to board. All charges credited back on 3/11 and 3/12. We also got a FCC of equal value to the cancelled cruise for each of the 7 passengers thru 3/31/2021.  However, the $300 per each of our 3 bookings we were promised to defray the cost of 1 night's hotel in the area has yet to come, even though we faxed AND mailed those on 3/8, or the day after the cancellation. So, that's the only delay we are experiencing. Our 7 FCC's are still reflected in our accounts' FCC page.

On 3/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, as400guy said:

May I ask the original question again:

Has anyone received a CREDIT TO THEIR CREDIT CARD  -or-  CASH REFUND?

I'm not interested in promises, FCCs or what someone at Princess/Carnival has said.  Has Princess performed on their cash refund promise for cruises cancelled by Princess?

Don't know if you received an answer yet or not, but YES, we received every penny back automatically to our credit card just 4 and 5 days after cancellation, including all cabin fares, pre-paid gratuities, specialty dining reservations, and the 2 or 3 excursions we pre-booked. Every single penny, credited on a per-cabin or booking # basis (we had 3 separate bookings/mini's for 7 pax). FWIW, our cruise was cancelled by Princess on 3/7 while we waited at the terminal to board. All charges credited back on 3/11 and 3/12. We also got a FCC of equal value to the cancelled cruise for each of the 7 passengers thru 3/31/2021.  However, the $300 per each of our 3 bookings we were promised to defray the cost of 1 night's hotel in the area has yet to come, even though we faxed AND mailed those on 3/8, or the day after the cancellation. So, that's the only delay we are experiencing. Our 7 FCC's are still reflected in our accounts' FCC page.

Don't know if you received an answer yet or not, but YES, we received every penny back automatically to our credit card just 4 and 5 days after cancellation, including all cabin fares, pre-paid gratuities, specialty dining reservations, and the 2 or 3 excursions we pre-booked. Every single penny, credited on a per-cabin or booking # basis (we had 3 separate bookings/mini's for 7 pax). FWIW, our cruise was cancelled by Princess on 3/7 while we waited at the terminal to board - some 8 hrs after we got there ready to board. All charges credited back on 3/11 and 3/12. We also got a FCC of equal value to the cancelled cruise for each of the 7 passengers thru 3/31/2021.  However, the $300 per each of our 3 bookings we were promised to defray the cost of 1 night's hotel in the area has yet to come, even though we faxed AND mailed those on 3/8, or the day after the cancellation. So, that's the only delay we are experiencing. Our 7 FCC's are still reflected in our accounts' FCC page.

Our cruise (Cruise date 4/4/2020) was cancelled by Princess 3/9/2020.   We requested Option 2 using their booking compensation request on 3/16/20.  On 3/17/2020 we received their receipt of the form but since the nothing from Princess since then.  Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. :(  

Our cruise (Cruise date 4/4/2020) was cancelled by Princess 3/9/2020.   We requested Option 2 using their booking compensation request on 3/16/20.  On 3/17/2020 we received their receipt of the form but since the nothing from Princess since then.  Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. 😞  

On 3/31/2020 at 3:52 PM, Cruise Raider said:

Now 90 days?  I thought Princess stated 60 days.  I understand they are busy right now with so many cancellations but 90 days makes one think they are just holding onto our money for as long as they can.  And, not distributing the FCC's is more about bringing in new money rather than just using money we should already have in the bank.  I can be patient and understanding but stretching it out further and further isn't very reassuring.  

90 days is ridiculous. I know there is a back log but 30 days from application is reasonable. Hopefully there is not some other reason for delay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PRNole47 said:

FWIW our cruise was cancelled by Princess on 3/7 while we waited at the terminal to board - some 8 hrs after we got there ready to board. We received every penny back automatically on 3/11 and 3/12, including all cabin fares, pre-paid gratuities, specialty dining reservations, and the 2 or 3 excursions we pre-booked. Every single penny, credited on a per-cabin or booking # basis (we had 3 separate bookings/mini's for 7 pax). We also got a FCC of equal value to the cancelled cruise for each of the 7 passengers thru 3/31/2021.  However, the $300 per each of our 3 bookings we were promised to defray the cost of 1 night's hotel in the area has yet to come, even though we faxed AND mailed those on 3/8, or the day after the cancellation. So, that's the only delay we are experiencing. Our 7 FCC's are still reflected in our accounts' FCC page.

I think your cruises and others cancelled the day of got almost instant refunds as I guess princess assumes those passengers were the most inconvenienced. Maybe the refunds are coming ‘ in order ‘ of cruise date as if the Inconvenience diminishes the further away your cruise Date.

our cruise date was April 19. 

• Like 1

Carnival did raise 6.25 billion in debt and equity sales yesterday.  This should provide the liquidity they need to survive this crisis and make good on refunds that were promised.  That said, I don't think they will do most of the refunds until they have better understanding of when they can start sailing again.  Looking at Expedia, most of the cruise companies appear to be scheduled to start sailing in June.  Let's hope for the best.  My family looks forward to the day we can cruise again.

I believe this thread was started for those of us part of the mass cancellations on March 12th. Others that were cancelled prior seem to have received refunds quickly. 

We immediately returned our booking compensation form on March 12th and have not received a penny back yet, including fees, taxes and crown grill reservations. I did call Princess this morning and was told they are all working from home and processing refunds as quickly as possible. Not sure how true that is as not one person on CC has received a refund that was canceled on March 12th. At least I was told 60 days instead of 90 like others were told. 

I will be filing a dispute with my credit card next Thursday which will be a month, that is more than enough time. 

• Like 1

We are on our 43rd day of waiting patiently.  We canceled a June 6 cruise Seattle to Alaska round trip on the Ruby.  We canceled well within the new 60 day limit for cash back since the cruise was fully paid for.  Did purchase gift cards from Princess to pay and am hoping they don't refund in gift cards since it was their card but whatever will be will be.

• Like 1

Seems if they are not using the agents to book a whole lot of cruises right now they would have time to refund them knowing and I do realize it is more cumbersome to refund than charge.  We are on the 43rd day.  The cruise was round trip seattle to alaska on june 6th.  Used the Princess gift card promo for payment so I am hoping we get cash not gift cards.  We were well before the 60 day cut.  

• Like 1

We were supposed to be on regal on March 15 and chose option one, still nothing.  I even went in immediately and cancelled one person’s prepaid gratuity to see if that would be refunded immediately as some people reported— nothing.  

Forgot to mention.  The cruise shows completed in our accounts as though we took it.  One person in our family even received  an offer to take another cruise based on the imaginary one we just “took.”  

E8902BD0-FCDC-4699-ABCB-6796146D9BDA.jpeg

Edited by Castaway Cowgirl

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

I believe this thread was started for those of us part of the mass cancellations on March 12th. Others that were cancelled prior seem to have received refunds quickly. 

We immediately returned our booking compensation form on March 12th and have not received a penny back yet, including fees, taxes and crown grill reservations. I did call Princess this morning and was told they are all working from home and processing refunds as quickly as possible. Not sure how true that is as not one person on CC has received a refund that was canceled on March 12th. At least I was told 60 days instead of 90 like others were told. 

I will be filing a dispute with my credit card next Thursday which will be a month, that is more than enough time. 

I just wanted to let you know that I cancelled 6 days before this. It was the last day where I could get 25% of my money back. Though I do fall under "the pause on March 12" as it went back to a February date.

My TA was surprised that I haven't got anything back such as the 25% or taxes and fees as most of the time, those come very quickly. 

I am waiting. My guess is with call centers and employees in LA area and Seattle area - those areas are hit hard with COVID-19. Plus I am sure they are getting a ton of calls.

I canceled 2 cruises.  The one I canceled in Feb right before the shyt hit the fan was refunded right away I was surprised how fast it was.   The one I canceled around March 13th, well, still waiting.  I

Both were canceled before final payment due and I had refundable deposits on both.  No FCC or special process necessary. 

Edited by Sailor Taylor

I got worried to wait any longer and filed a dispute with my Credit Card company. They give a provisional credit so I don't have to pay the amount I charged as a deposit. I will assume Princess does not respond and it goes into default in my favor since it's my money and appropriate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RJAM3 said:

Seems if they are not using the agents to book a whole lot of cruises right now they would have time to refund them knowing and I do realize it is more cumbersome to refund than charge.  We are on the 43rd day.  The cruise was round trip seattle to alaska on june 6th.  Used the Princess gift card promo for payment so I am hoping we get cash not gift cards.  We were well before the 60 day cut.  

I used a gift card for a cruise that will no doubt be canceled and was told I would get the value of the gift card charged back to the gift card. Always be sure to save the gift card number and pin ... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I used a gift card for a cruise that will no doubt be canceled and was told I would get the value of the gift card charged back to the gift card. Always be sure to save the gift card number and pin ... 

didn't realize after the credit was made to the price of the cruise I would need the pin and card. 

50 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Thanks for the information.  For my May 20th cruise (which I am sure will be cancelled) , I used a $50 gift card and for my August 15th cruise I used two gift cards which added up to $1,100.00.  My TA said to make sure I kept the card information on both of my bookings; glad I did.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RJAM3 said:

didn't realize after the credit was made to the price of the cruise I would need the pin and card. 

I made my reservation directly through Princess and she told me to hold onto the numbers.  Depending on how long ago you purchased them, they may still be in your inbox or deleted mail.  Fingers crossed 

21 hours ago, Coral said:

I just wanted to let you know that I cancelled 6 days before this. It was the last day where I could get 25% of my money back. Though I do fall under "the pause on March 12" as it went back to a February date.

My TA was surprised that I haven't got anything back such as the 25% or taxes and fees as most of the time, those come very quickly. 

I am waiting. My guess is with call centers and employees in LA area and Seattle area - those areas are hit hard with COVID-19. Plus I am sure they are getting a ton of calls.

I still find this so odd since the same person who cancelled your cruise cancelled mine later than your's.  No doubt she did the exact same thing to cancel cruises for both of us.  I contacted her to cancel mine on March 10th and that is the date of the refund (approx $6600) on my credit card statement that appeared a couple days later.  Of course we are still patiently waiting to see if the remaining $1800 appears as air credit and FCD, but I am just baffled by how Princess has handled this.

Edited by azbirdmom

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I still find this so odd since the same person who cancelled your cruise cancelled mine later than your's.  No doubt she did the exact same thing to cancel cruises for both of us.  I contacted her to cancel mine on March 10th and that is the date of the refund (approx $6600) on my credit card statement that appeared a couple days later.  Of course we are still patiently waiting to see if the remaining $1800 appears as air credit and FCD, but I am just baffled by how Princess has handled this.

Same thing for me. I cancelled a client on March 9th and her refundable charges were put through immediately and back on her card by March 12th. I canceled for myself - EXACT same sailing on March 10th and nothing back! I agree, it's baffling.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yep - still no refund, not even port fees/taxes. Cancelled on the 6th of March. My cruise was 26 days (with pre and post cruise hotels) so it was not a cheap cruise either. Hopefully with the money CCL raised will help with refunds.

• Like 3

We were on the last sailing of the Regal that docked 16 hours late on March 8.  I am still waiting for our refund of hotel fees due to missed flight and airline change fees, as well as refundable OBC. They were quick to apply the FCC to my account, but no actual monetary refunds yet.  Thankfully, it wasn't much money (as compared to an entire cruise fare), so we are being patient.