Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

58 minutes ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

Airlines are viable because of the bailouts, if they would have survived this without the bailouts then they shouldn’t receive bailouts.

Princess will refund monies, it is taking time to figure out every thing as every single persons booking is different even people in the same cabin - some purchasing extras, some using FCD, some not etc etc.

I sure hope after all your accusations of Princess on CC you never plan to cruise with them again and maybe request a name change 😂😂

If I am not mistaken, the airlines were immensely profitable in the last few years and were sitting on a pile of cash.

Princess does not seem to be refunding any money, with very few exceptions.  We would all feel a lot better if we saw some real progress and if we got real information from them.  It is now a moot point for me as I filed my credit card dispute yesterday.

Too bad congress is not trying to do the same for cruise passengers

Proposed bill seeks cash refunds for all flights cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns

https://komonews.com/news/consumer/proposed-bill-seeks-cash-refunds-for-all-flights-cancelled-due-to-covid-19-concerns?fbclid=IwAR268H3Rx8kFpHraN2yGBDBmM7HkMAjR9K7rVzEIq6mHy7TBKnMmcJh0H-k

10 hours ago, antsp said:

Yesterday I received a cancellation invoice from out travel agent saying I will have a refund onto my cc within 10days, the deposit 2 x fcd will be posted back to my account by Princess 

When I canceled on March 8, I received the FCD's back into my account the next day, I received my prepaid gratuities to my credit card two days after I canceled.  Still no refund of the fare/taxes/fees.

Filed CC dispute with Chase, money credited to my account. Princess now has 30 days to respond.

Unfortunately this extend the process for all of us waiting for refunds.  

Carnival Corporation Confirms Company-Wide Layoffs

May 14, 2020

Carnival Corporation announced today a number of additional actions it is taking to further strengthen its liquidity position in the event of an extended pause in guest operations due to COVID-19, according to a press release. 

To further strengthen liquidity, the company said that its brands are announcing a combination of layoffs, furloughs, reduced work weeks and salary reductions across the company, including senior management. These moves will contribute hundreds of millions of dollars in cash conservation on an annualized basis.

"Taking these extremely difficult employee actions involving our highly dedicated workforce is a very tough thing to do. Unfortunately, it's necessary, given the current low level of guest operations and to further endure this pause," said Carnival Corporation & plc President & CEO Arnold Donald. "We care deeply about all our employees and understanding the impact this is having on so many strengthens our resolve to do everything we can to return to operations when the time is right. We look forward to the day when many of those impacted are returning to work with us and we look forward to the day, when appropriate, that once again our ships and crew are delighting millions of people at sea and we can be there for the many nations and millions of people who depend on the cruise industry for their livelihood."

Added Donald: "We also want to thank our guests for their many thoughtful notes and overall outpouring of support. It is clear there is tremendous anticipation for a return to cruising. It's also encouraging to note that the majority of guests affected by our schedule changes want to sail with us at a later date, with fewer than 38 percent requesting refunds to date. Our booking trends for the first half of 2021, which remain within historical ranges, demonstrate the resilience of our brands and the strength of our loyal recurring customer base, of which 66% are repeat cruisers. In addition, we plan to stagger fleet reentry to optimize demand and operating performance over time."

14 hours ago, NRWPA said:

I'll comfort you some more...my 3/22 Regal cruise was canceled by Princess on 3/12. I completed the refund request on 3/14, received acknowledgement from Princess on 3/16. I have received not a penny, not an FCC, absolutely nothing back from Princess and no further email contact. 

We were to be on the same cruise and we HAVE received our 25% FCC but no cash refund.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Triger said:

May 14, 2020

Carnival Corporation announced today a number of additional actions it is taking to further strengthen its liquidity position in the event of an extended pause in guest operations due to COVID-19, according to a press release. 

To further strengthen liquidity, the company said that its brands are announcing a combination of layoffs, furloughs, reduced work weeks and salary reductions across the company, including senior management. These moves will contribute hundreds of millions of dollars in cash conservation on an annualized basis.

"Taking these extremely difficult employee actions involving our highly dedicated workforce is a very tough thing to do. Unfortunately, it's necessary, given the current low level of guest operations and to further endure this pause," said Carnival Corporation & plc President & CEO Arnold Donald. "We care deeply about all our employees and understanding the impact this is having on so many strengthens our resolve to do everything we can to return to operations when the time is right. We look forward to the day when many of those impacted are returning to work with us and we look forward to the day, when appropriate, that once again our ships and crew are delighting millions of people at sea and we can be there for the many nations and millions of people who depend on the cruise industry for their livelihood."

Added Donald: "We also want to thank our guests for their many thoughtful notes and overall outpouring of support. It is clear there is tremendous anticipation for a return to cruising. It's also encouraging to note that the majority of guests affected by our schedule changes want to sail with us at a later date, with fewer than 38 percent requesting refunds to date. Our booking trends for the first half of 2021, which remain within historical ranges, demonstrate the resilience of our brands and the strength of our loyal recurring customer base, of which 66% are repeat cruisers. In addition, we plan to stagger fleet reentry to optimize demand and operating performance over time."

fewer than 38 percent requesting refunds

Proud to be in the minority

• Like 3

LDVin NC:

agree, Princess does not seem to be refunding any money. I also would feel better, if I saw any progress, if they communicated with me , or even take my cruise off my home page on their website, and replace it with “ working on your refund”. 😂

2 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Has anyone considered a small claims court case?

Judge Judy, here we come!

Seriously, it might be a good idea but I wonder what the cruise contract says about mediation, arbitration, etc.  Surely there is a clause in the cruise line's favor.

My claim is well over the $5k limit most small claims courts deal with.

In recognition of Princess passing the 60 day mark I bought another 100 shares of Carnival stock. Also, I got a nice e-mail from PayPal yesterday regarding my dispute of aa deposit I want returned - 

What's happening with your case?

We're reviewing the information provided by Princess Cruise Lines, LTD. in response to a case you filed on April 29, 2020.

What happens next?

We'll let you know if we require additional information from you and will update you with our final decision.

You can check the status of your case in the Resolution Center.

Thank you for being a valued PayPal customer

This was the day after I got this e-mail from Princess. I suspect it is similar to their response to PayPal.

Our records indicate that you cancelled your vacation with us amid the COVID-19 pandemic on a cruise that we subsequently cancelled as part of our global pause in ship operations. We know you’re waiting for your refund and wanted to make you aware that you have the option to stick with us by accepting this special Double your Deposit Future Cruise Credit offer on any cruise that sails on or before May 1, 2022: 

• Transfer the money deposited for your vacation as a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) and Princess will provide a matching bonus FCC for the same amount up to the base cruise fare amount of the current cruise (minimum $100 per person**) 

(*minimum varies by FCC currency: $100USD, $100CAD, $100AUD/NZD, £100GBP, €100EUR) 

To take advantage of this higher value offer, please complete this online form  by June 15, 2020 and we will automatically credit your My Princess Account ❯ and let you know once it’s available. Alternatively, if you would still like to receive a full refund, you don’t need to do anything as this will be the default option.

Edited by billco

2 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

No matter where the money comes from we have gotten all of our money back from airlines, hotels, tour companies, and another cruise line.  Princess did not EARN our money because they canceled cruises that never happened that we paid for.  Where I come from that is basic fraud.

Where do you come from? Mars?

41 minutes ago, Triger said:

May 14, 2020

It's also encouraging to note that the majority of guests affected by our schedule changes want to sail with us at a later date, with fewer than 38 percent requesting refunds to date. Our booking trends for the first half of 2021, which remain within historical ranges, demonstrate the resilience of our brands and the strength of our loyal recurring customer base, of which 66% are repeat cruisers. In addition, we plan to stagger fleet reentry to optimize demand and operating performance over time."

It's also encouraging to note that the majority of guests affected by our schedule changes want to sail with us at a later date, with fewer than 38 percent requesting refunds to date - if it is such a small percent wanted to refund what took them so long to do that!!.  Now laying off their people so it means it will take much longer now to refund!!  My case was 10 to 15 days then 30 days, 60 days and now by sailing departure date and probably will be longer now with less staffs to work on the refund.

One lie on top of another lie.  Our booking trends for the first half of 2021, which remain within historical ranges, demonstrate the resilience of our brands and the strength of our loyal recurring customer base, of which 66% are repeat cruisers - because they can't get a refund and to keep from loosing their money by committed to another cruise to use the money up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Is that an old screen shot?  I am still seeing this one that has been there for a couple weeks now and it removed any specificity in terms of processing order and timing:

Yes, I've been trying to keep proof in case I need it...

• Like 1

I am in the U.S.  Princess cancelled my March 14 Sky Princess western caribbean cruise on March 12. Three guests, and each with shore excursions booked directly with Princess. I picked the 100 percent cash refund option in replying to them on March 12.  60 days had passed and being concerned, I called them on May 12. They said they processed on May 7 the full cruise fare, refunding to my credit card. They processed shore-excursion amount for guest 1 on May 7, and shore-excursion refunds for guests 2 and 3 on May 8. They said it may take 10-15 business days for processed-refunds to cross over into my credit card account. The correct total for the 3 guests' refunded cruise fare, plus guest 1 shore-excursion refund, showed up in my account yesterday as three entries- the deposit amount, final payment amount, and shore-ex amount. I am waiting for shore-excursion refunds for guests 2 and 3 to appear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I cancelled an Azamara cruise on May 4 that was scheduled for mid August.  My travel agent was told 30-45 days for my deposit to be refunded, however, it was credited to my account this morning less than 14 days later.  I cancelled Princess on March 11 for a March 21 sailing and still waiting for refund and FCC so filed dispute with my credit card company before the 60 days were up.  After doing the math, hmmm...stick with Princess in the future?  Not so sure...

1 hour ago, CruzRamirez said:

I am in the U.S.  Princess cancelled my March 14 Sky Princess western caribbean cruise on March 12. Three guests, and each with shore excursions booked directly with Princess. I picked the 100 percent cash refund option in replying to them on March 12.  60 days had passed and being concerned, I called them on May 12. They said they processed on May 7 the full cruise fare, refunding to my credit card. They processed shore-excursion amount for guest 1 on May 7, and shore-excursion refunds for guests 2 and 3 on May 8. They said it may take 10-15 business days for processed-refunds to cross over into my credit card account. The correct total for the 3 guests' refunded cruise fare, plus guest 1 shore-excursion refund, showed up in my account yesterday as three entries- the deposit amount, final payment amount, and shore-ex amount. I am waiting for shore-excursion refunds for guests 2 and 3 to appear.

Happy to hear that there is some movement in the refund backlog.  Here's hoping that we hear about more of this in the future.

3 hours ago, billco said:

In recognition of Princess passing the 60 day mark I bought another 100 shares of Carnival stock. Also, I got a nice e-mail from PayPal yesterday regarding my dispute of aa deposit I want returned - 

What's happening with your case?

We're reviewing the information provided by Princess Cruise Lines, LTD. in response to a case you filed on April 29, 2020.

What happens next?

We'll let you know if we require additional information from you and will update you with our final decision.

You can check the status of your case in the Resolution Center.

Thank you for being a valued PayPal customer

This was the day after I got this e-mail from Princess. I suspect it is similar to their response to PayPal.

Our records indicate that you cancelled your vacation with us amid the COVID-19 pandemic on a cruise that we subsequently cancelled as part of our global pause in ship operations. We know you’re waiting for your refund and wanted to make you aware that you have the option to stick with us by accepting this special Double your Deposit Future Cruise Credit offer on any cruise that sails on or before May 1, 2022: 

• Transfer the money deposited for your vacation as a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) and Princess will provide a matching bonus FCC for the same amount up to the base cruise fare amount of the current cruise (minimum $100 per person**) 

(*minimum varies by FCC currency: $100USD, $100CAD, $100AUD/NZD, £100GBP, €100EUR) 

To take advantage of this higher value offer, please complete this online form  by June 15, 2020 and we will automatically credit your My Princess Account ❯ and let you know once it’s available. Alternatively, if you would still like to receive a full refund, you don’t need to do anything as this will be the default option.

Which tells me that your cruise refund will be in the group that starts being processed June 16.

9 hours ago, Dorset Cruiser said:

Not true.  Our 19th March cruise was cancelled on 12th March.  Have had nothing, neither FCC nor Refund and in fact had a communication from my TA two weeks ago that if we continued to press for the refund, it could take ‘many months’.  Yet I read constantly of cudtomers with cancelled cruises after our cruise date who have had both their refund and FCC.  I am seriously of the opinion that we will receive nothing back and will be forced to take a short period credit notefrom our TA if we want to get any value at all out of this cancelled cruise fiasco.  If this proves to be the case, then ‘never again Princess Cruises’.

Princess claims that all Pause 1 refunds/FCCs were processed by the end of April.

I suggest calling Princess to ask about the status of yours even though your booking is with a TA.

Tell the rep that supposed all claims from Pause 1 have been processed but yours has not been. Ask why.

13 minutes ago, caribill said:

Princess claims that all Pause 1 refunds/FCCs were processed by the end of April.

I suggest calling Princess to ask about the status of yours even though your booking is with a TA.

Tell the rep that supposed all claims from Pause 1 have been processed but yours has not been. Ask why.

Then that is another untruth from Princess.  Have read of many, many people who had cancelled cruise dates in March who have also heard nothing and received nothing. People are getting really angry with Princess and I think this will cost them a lot of loyal cruisers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, npcl said:

When I canceled on March 8, I received the FCD's back into my account the next day, I received my prepaid gratuities to my credit card two days after I canceled.  Still no refund of the fare/taxes/fees.

Filed CC dispute with Chase, money credited to my account. Princess now has 30 days to respond.

If I may ask, how long did it take for Chase to act on your dispute?  I called a dispute in with them last week, but haven’t heard anything back. Thanks!

39 minutes ago, caribill said:

Not what Princess told my TA on Tuesday when she inquired about my refund.

55 minutes ago, caribill said:

It changes by the day. Every person you speak to will say something different. I am pause 1 and have neither refund nor FCC after submitting for option 1 on March 12th on a March 14th sailing. I have called a few times and got nowhere. I now email or direct message on social media as I want written proof of what they are saying. Last time I asked, I was told my refund and FCC had been processed April 29th and would take up to 60 days from then to go to my credit card and captain circle account. I was also told that my shorex had been refunded on March 12th but Paypal had declined the refund so a cheque was in the mail. Yesterday I put in a dispute with Paypal. Next is the dispute with credit cards. Enough is enough.